Search Unity

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. TonyLi

TonyLi

Thanks, and happy to help! If you have any questions about the Dialogue System, please feel free to post on the forum thread, or the Pixel Crushers forum, or PM me. After you get situated with the Dialogue System, you might be interested in the free Menu Framework on the Dialogue System Extras page.

Mark_01 likes this.
  2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Save System for Realistic FPS Prefab 1.0.4 Released

Version 1.0.4 is now available on the Unity Asset Store!

This asset is for those who just want simple saving, loading, and scene portals without the extra stuff in the Dialogue System. This release includes improvements for mobile games, as well as a section of the manual with instructions on how to keep the player's equipment when respawning after death if you want to do that.

Deleted User and Weblox like this.
  3. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Iam using rfps with enviro. How to remove the lightshaft from rfps? I removed them from camera, but they still there???

4. muhammadadnan0075

muhammadadnan0075

I haven't used RFPS for quite some time but I think remember Light Shaft was attached on two cameras. You have to remove it from both cameras.

C_Occlusion likes this.
  5. C_Occlusion

C_Occlusion

Thanks for this, I have been trying to figure this out for a while....

muhammadadnan0075 likes this.
  6. maxaud

maxaud

Curious what the procedure is for swapping the player character out. Is there a tutorial anywhere? I also don't see that anywhere in the docs.

Thank you.

7. witcher101

witcher101

How do you make char stand on moving objects like cars Trains etc.

8. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Does anybody using ENVIRO? I have trouble to make it look nice. Somehow Sunshafts are not removable and world is very very bright?!

9. C_Occlusion

C_Occlusion

Did you remove Sun Shafts from weapon camera inside of main camera?...I am not using ENVIRO but this worked for me with a few adjustments to materials...Sun Shafts need to be removed from both cameras...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  10. muhammadadnan0075

muhammadadnan0075

Hello!
    Is there any way i could exclude player character from Bullet time effect. I found some ways around but it would take a lot of modification in Player's mechanics. Is there any robust and easy way to do this. Thanks ☺️

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks Takahama, the increased jumping over low obstacles when sprinting happens because of the new stair climbing feature, but the settings can be adjusted if needed.

For the bullets passing through objects, this is probably happening because the bullet passes through the collider you're trying to hit between fixed updates. You can try modifying the arrows to be bullets because their script already addresses this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Yes, there isn't any recoil in third person, but this could be added in a future version. The next update is mostly just about adding third person mode, as well as updating all the animation components from legacy animations, but you should be fine if you decide to stay with 1.27.

Thanks, yes the infinite weapon dropping in third person has been fixed.

In version 1.27, you'll need to look at the Visible Body object under the FPS Player object, which contains both the first person visible body, and the third person character model. The Visible Body object uses legacy animations, but in the upcoming version, the visible body and third person model use Mecanim and the new script automates the creation of the visible body model for easier setup. I will probably make a video explaining how to do this once the new version is available. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Hi witcher101, the demo scene includes a vertically traveling elevator and a horizontally traveling platform. You could look at those objects as a base for your cars or trains. Hope that helps.

This would take some modification of the scripts, but it is possible. With the next version, all the animations have been updated to use Mecanim, which means you can select Unscaled Time as the Animator Update Mode, which is independent from Time.timeScale (speed of time). Then you can multiply the needed timers and delays by Time.timeScale, which will make them have the same durations at any Time.timeScale value. Hope that might give you some ideas.

As far as progress on the next update, it is done for the most part. There were some last minute bugs that came up which pushed the end of August estimate back a bit, but they have been fixed. Sorry about that. I will be making some final changes and uploading the new update soon :) Here is a new version of the preview demo with complete animations (flashlight will be added):

Mark_01, maxaud and Weblox like this.
  12. Arealjighead

Arealjighead

@Azuline-Studios Wow this is looking great! Huge improvement to 3rd person. Thanks for the demo. Is there anyway to add the swimming animation while in first person? it looks odd seeing the shadow having the movement but the character is still holding the gun in place. Either way great job & thanks for keeping us updated

13. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Looks like it's going well! Next up, Multiplayer :)

14. petercoleman

petercoleman

@Azuline-Studios

The TP Update is looking great to me. I had a quick run through the latest Demo and the only think I noticed that amiss if it's that, is that the Sniper Rifle weapon does not display a Cross Hair on screen when Zoomed in. I still managed to hit stuff though by effectively looking at what I thought was the center of the screen when firing :)

Thanks for the hard work on this and looking forward to the release and getting this applied to my Games projects. It will make a big difference for me in the games I am making.

15. maxaud

maxaud

the swimming looks good too and the underwater bullet effects are great. Not sure if those are new or not.

16. skinwalker

skinwalker

Since I am not making a FPS, but I am interested in this asset becuase I need the animations for the bow and sword, I am wondering if its worth it and can I get rid of the body but use only the hands of the characters (like in Overwatch)?

I am also wondering how easy it is to grab these animations and hands, bow, sowrd models and apply them on my character, which is using a character controller.

17. TheAngryGuy

TheAngryGuy

Hey @Azuline-Studios Thanks for the awesome prefab.

I have a question about the flashlight. I created a simple terrain (flat, with just grass), used the standard directional light that is created when a unity scene is created and added some trees to the terrain (from unity's sample assets).

I made my scene dark by doing two separate things (both have the same issue with the flashlight).

- Rotated my directional light along the x axis so it was nighttime,
    - Turned the directional lights intensity to about 0.02.

If you create that simple test case, you will see how strange the flashlight behaves. It seems to light up objects way in the distance regardless of the distance properties value. It always seems to point at the floor, despite the direction you are facing. This means that even aimed upward, it still looks like the light is being shone against the ground.

I messed around with the settings for quite a while last night, and no matter what I changed, I couldn't seem to make it realistic, and couldn't get rid of the pointing at an angle at the ground issue.

Can you provide any pointers?

The aim here is to have a simple dark forest scene that is only lit by the flashlight, in a realistic manner.

Thank you

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  18. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi! @Azuline-Studios is the developer of Realistic FPS Prefab. I'm just a customer, although I also make the Save System for RFPSP add-on and the Dialogue System for Unity, which has RFPSP integration.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  19. TheAngryGuy

TheAngryGuy

Ooops, you're right. Edited :)

20. ExtReMe1983

ExtReMe1983

Hi @Azuline-Studios ,

Thanks, rpfs it's really cool!

How can I load a dynamically defined set of weapons into the scene, what kind of action should I take?
    For example, different missions to have a different set of weapons, which I get from the server, thank you!

21. TonyLi

TonyLi

Using the default prefab (except ticking the Flashlight weapon's Have checkbox), the flashlight seems to work for me. By default, it has a range of 40 units, and since it's a child of FPSCamera/MainCamera it points in the direction the player is looking. Did your FPSCamera/MainCamera/Flashlight object get accidentally adjusted somehow?

Make sure your player prefab has all weapons defined. After loading the set of weapons from the server, set each weapon's have Boolean variable to true or false depending on whether the player has that weapon or not.

22. romandutov

romandutov

Hello @Azuline-Studios,
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/realistic-fps-prefab-released.176985/page-58#post-2643762 in this message also contains my problem. Read the thread further on the topic, but the answer never came up. What I did, I just added a handler to my "knife kick" button, as it's done on a grenade throw. But there is a problem, when I do a single click on the "kick from the knife" button, then the animation of the knife does not have time to play. Also, the shift from the knife to the previous weapon is a jerk (something like a turn). How to add a delay so that at least one swing occurs? Or can I invent a bicycle and can this option be done like that otherwise?

Code (CSharp):
    2.  /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    3.     //Select Weapons
    4.     /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    7.     public IEnumerator SelectWeapon(int index, bool isOffhandThrow = false, bool endOffhandThrow = false)
    8.     {
    11.         CameraAnimationComponent = Camera.main.GetComponent<Animation>();
    12.         WeaponMeshAnimationComponent = CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.weaponMesh.GetComponent<Animation>();
    13.         WeaponObjAnimationComponent = weaponOrder[currentWeapon].GetComponent<Animation>();
    15.         //we are not dropping a weapon anymore if one has been selected
    16.         dropWeapon = false;
    18.         //do not proceed with selecting weapon if player doesn't have it in their inventory
    19.         //but make an exception for the null/unarmed weapon for when the player presses the holster button
    20.         //also dont allow weapon switch if player is climbing, swimming, or holding object and their weapon is lowered
    21.         WeaponBehavior ThisWeaponBehavior = weaponOrder[index].GetComponent<WeaponBehavior>();
    25.         if ((!ThisWeaponBehavior.haveWeapon && index != 0)
    26.         || (!ThisWeaponBehavior.cycleSelect && !isOffhandThrow)
    27.         || FPSWalkerComponent.hideWeapon
    28.         || pullGrenadeState || pullKnifeState)
    29.         {
    30.             yield break;
    31.         }
    35.         if (index != 0)
    36.         {//if a weapon is selected, prevent unarmed/null weapon from being selected in selection cycle
    37.             weaponOrder[0].GetComponent<WeaponBehavior>().haveWeapon = false;
    38.         }
    40.         //cancel zooming when switching
    41.         FPSPlayerComponent.zoomed = false;
    43.         if (CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.useLight)
    44.         {
    45.             if (CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.lightConeMesh) { CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.lightConeMesh.enabled = false; }
    46.             if (CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.spot) { CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.spot.enabled = false; }
    47.             if (CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.point) { CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.point.enabled = false; }
    48.         }
    50.         //reset non-magazine reload if interrupted by weapon switch
    51.         if (CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.bulletsToReload != CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.bulletsPerClip
    52.         && WeaponMeshAnimationComponent["Neutral"]
    53.         && IronsightsComponent.reloading)
    54.         {
    55.             //play neutral animation when putting weapon away to prevent neutral anim glitch at start of next reload
    56.             WeaponMeshAnimationComponent["Neutral"].speed = 1.5f;
    57.             WeaponMeshAnimationComponent.Play("Neutral", PlayMode.StopSameLayer);
    58.             //reset bulletsReloaded to prevent delay of reloading the next time we reload this weapon
    59.             CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.bulletsReloaded = 0;
    60.         }
    62.         //cancel reloading when switching
    63.         IronsightsComponent.reloading = false;//set IronSights Reloading var to false
    64.         CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.StopCoroutine("Reload");//stop the Reload function if it is running
    66.         switchTime = Time.time;
    68.         if (Time.timeSinceLevelLoad > 1)
    69.         {
    70.             if (!offhandThrowActive && !displayingGrenade && CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.InGameItemType != InGameItemType.Knife)
    71.             {
    72.                 //play weapon switch sound if not the first call to this function after level load
    73.                 aSource.clip = changesnd;
    74.                 aSource.volume = 1.0f;
    76.                 aSource.Play();
    77.             }
    79.             //if (displayingKnife)
    80.             //{
    81.             //    //play camera weapon switching animation
    82.             //    CameraAnimationComponent["CameraSwitch"].speed = 100.0f;//set camera animation speed
    83.             //    CameraAnimationComponent.Rewind("CameraSwitch");
    84.             //    CameraAnimationComponent.CrossFade("CameraSwitch", 0.1f, PlayMode.StopSameLayer);
    85.             //}
    86.             //else
    87.             //{
    88.             //play camera weapon switching animation
    89.             CameraAnimationComponent["CameraSwitch"].speed = 1.0f;//set camera animation speed
    90.             CameraAnimationComponent.Rewind("CameraSwitch");
    91.             CameraAnimationComponent.CrossFade("CameraSwitch", 0.1f, PlayMode.StopSameLayer);
    92.             //}
    94.         }
    96.         //if weapon uses rifle sprinting animation, set speed and play animation
    97.         if (!CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.PistolSprintAnim)
    98.         {
    99.             //animate previous weapon down
    100.             if (!FPSWalkerComponent.canRun && !FPSWalkerComponent.proneMove)
    101.             {
    102.                 WeaponObjAnimationComponent["RifleSprinting"].normalizedTime = 0;
    103.                 WeaponObjAnimationComponent["RifleSprinting"].speed = 1.5f;
    104.                 WeaponObjAnimationComponent.CrossFade("RifleSprinting", 0.00025f, PlayMode.StopSameLayer);
    105.             }
    106.             else
    107.             {
    108.                 //if player is sprinting, keep weapon in sprinting position during weapon switch
    109.                 WeaponObjAnimationComponent["RifleSprinting"].normalizedTime = 1;
    110.             }
    111.         }
    112.         else
    113.         {//weapon uses pistol sprinting animation
    114.          //animate previous weapon down
    115.             if (!FPSWalkerComponent.canRun && !FPSWalkerComponent.proneMove)
    116.             {
    117.                 WeaponObjAnimationComponent["PistolSprinting"].normalizedTime = 0;
    118.                 WeaponObjAnimationComponent["PistolSprinting"].speed = 1.5f;
    119.                 WeaponObjAnimationComponent.CrossFade("PistolSprinting", 0.00025f, PlayMode.StopSameLayer);
    120.             }
    121.             else
    122.             {
    123.                 //if player is sprinting, keep weapon in sprinting position during weapon switch
    124.                 WeaponObjAnimationComponent["PistolSprinting"].normalizedTime = 1;
    125.             }
    126.         }
    128.         //My fix. delete any delay, only switching time
    129.         if (CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.InGameItemType != InGameItemType.Knife && ThisWeaponBehavior.InGameItemType == InGameItemType.Knife
    130.             ||
    131.             CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.InGameItemType == InGameItemType.Knife && ThisWeaponBehavior.InGameItemType != InGameItemType.Knife
    132.             )
    133.         {
    135.             if (CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.InGameItemType == InGameItemType.Knife &&
    136.                 ThisWeaponBehavior.InGameItemType != InGameItemType.Knife)
    137.             {
    138.                 IronsightsComponent.switchMove = -0.4f;
    139.             }
    140.         }
    141.         else
    142.         {
    143.             if (Time.timeSinceLevelLoad > 2)
    144.             {
    145.                 if (!CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.verticalWeapon || isOffhandThrow)
    146.                 {
    147.                     //move weapon down while switching
    148.                     IronsightsComponent.switchMove = -0.4f;
    149.                 }
    150.                 else
    151.                 {
    152.                     //move vertical oriented weapons down further while switching because they take more vertical screen space than guns
    153.                     IronsightsComponent.switchMove = -1.2f;
    154.                 }
    156.                 //wait for weapon down animation to play before switching weapons and animating weapon up
    157.                 yield return new WaitForSeconds(0.2f);
    159.             }
    160.         }
    163.         //immediately switch weapons (activate called weaponOrder index and deactivate all others)
    164.         for (int i = 0; i < weaponOrder.Length; i++)
    165.         {
    167.             CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent = weaponOrder[i].GetComponent<Animation>();
    169.             if (i == index)
    170.             {
    171.                 //update transform reference of active weapon object in other scipts
    172.                 IronsightsComponent.gun = weaponOrder[i].transform;
    173.                 //update active weapon object reference in other scipts
    174.                 IronsightsComponent.gunObj = weaponOrder[i];
    175.                 IronsightsComponent.WeaponBehaviorComponent = weaponOrder[i].GetComponent<WeaponBehavior>();
    176.                 FPSPlayerComponent.WeaponBehaviorComponent = weaponOrder[i].GetComponent<WeaponBehavior>();
    177.                 CameraControlComponent.gun = weaponOrder[i];
    178.                 CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent = weaponOrder[i].GetComponent<WeaponBehavior>();
    180.                 // Activate the selected weapon
    181.                 weaponOrder[i].SetActive(true);
    183.                 if (endOffhandThrow)
    184.                 {
    185.                     CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.isOffhandThrow = true;
    186.                     switchTime = Time.time - 0.5f;//allow weapon to start firing sooner after switching from offhand grenade throw than when recovering from sprinting
    187.                 }
    189.                 CurrentWeaponBehaviorComponent.InitializeWeapon();
    191.                 //get current weapon value from index
    192.                 currentWeapon = index;
    194.                 //synchronize current and previous weapon's y pos for correct offscreen switching, use localPosition not position for correct transforms
    195.                 weaponOrder[i].transform.localPosition = weaponOrder[i].transform.localPosition + new Vector3(0, weaponOrder[i].transform.localPosition.y - 0.3f, 0);
    197.                 if (Time.timeSinceLevelLoad > 2)
    198.                 {
    199.                     //move weapon up when switch finishes
    200.                     IronsightsComponent.switchMove = 0;
    201.                 }
    203.                 //if weapon uses rifle sprinting animation set speed and animate
    204.                 if (!weaponOrder[i].GetComponent<WeaponBehavior>().PistolSprintAnim)
    205.                 {
    206.                     //animate selected weapon up by setting time of animation to it's end and playing in reverse
    207.                     if (!FPSWalkerComponent.canRun && !FPSWalkerComponent.proneMove)
    208.                     {
    209.                         CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent["RifleSprinting"].normalizedTime = 1.0f;
    210.                         CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent["RifleSprinting"].speed = -1.5f;
    211.                         CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent.CrossFade("RifleSprinting", 0.00025f, PlayMode.StopSameLayer);
    212.                     }
    213.                     else
    214.                     {
    215.                         //if player is sprinting, keep weapon in sprinting position during weapon switch
    216.                         CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent["RifleSprinting"].normalizedTime = 1.0f;
    217.                         CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent["RifleSprinting"].speed = 1.5f;
    218.                         CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent.CrossFade("RifleSprinting", 0.00025f, PlayMode.StopSameLayer);
    219.                     }
    220.                 }
    221.                 else
    222.                 {//weapon uses pistol sprinting animation
    223.                  //animate selected weapon up by setting time of animation to it's end and playing in reverse
    224.                     if (!FPSWalkerComponent.canRun && !FPSWalkerComponent.proneMove)
    225.                     {
    226.                         CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent["PistolSprinting"].normalizedTime = 1.0f;
    227.                         CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent["PistolSprinting"].speed = -1.5f;
    228.                         CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent.CrossFade("PistolSprinting", 0.00025f, PlayMode.StopSameLayer);
    229.                     }
    230.                     else
    231.                     {
    232.                         //if player is sprinting, keep weapon in sprinting position during weapon switch
    233.                         CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent["PistolSprinting"].normalizedTime = 1.0f;
    234.                         CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent["PistolSprinting"].speed = 1.5f;
    235.                         CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent.CrossFade("PistolSprinting", 0.00025f, PlayMode.StopSameLayer);
    237.                     }
    238.                 }
    240.             }
    241.             else
    242.             {
    244.                 //reset transform of deactivated gun to make it in neutral position when selected again
    245.                 //use weapon parent transform.position instead of Camera.main.transform.position
    246.                 //or Camera.main.transform.localPosition to avoid positioning bugs due to camera pos changing with walking bob and kick
    247.                 weaponOrder[i].transform.position = myTransform.position;
    249.                 if (!weaponOrder[i].GetComponent<WeaponBehavior>().PistolSprintAnim)
    250.                 {//weapon uses rifle sprinting animation
    251.                  //reset animation
    252.                     CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent["RifleSprinting"].normalizedTime = 1.0f;
    253.                 }
    254.                 else
    255.                 {//weapon uses pistol sprinting animation
    256.                  //reset animation
    257.                     CurWeaponObjAnimationComponent["PistolSprinting"].normalizedTime = 1.0f;
    258.                 }
    259.                 //synchronize sprintState var in WeaponBehavior script
    260.                 weaponOrder[i].GetComponent<WeaponBehavior>().sprintState = true;
    262.                 // Activate the selected weapon
    263.                 weaponOrder[i].SetActive(false);
    264.             }
    265.         }
    266.     }

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  23. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

hi ,i have a problem... i formatted my due to hard disk failure and today replaced disk and tried to reimport rfps but now it's 1.4 I need previous versions of rfps since i need legacy animations system ..

how can i do?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  24. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

about character controller i dont know..
    but about your first question yes,, you can grab them and use on your own and tihs is sreally simple to do..

25. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

26. Dumad123

Dumad123

What is the best way to implement an armor system? (One similar to Wolfenstein and Doom) I tried to add a "second" health counter but it was deemed unsuccessful.

27. skinwalker

skinwalker

So I can use the hands only without the body? In the demo scene Ive seen both - hands and body. Like I said I just need the animations and the models of the hands and the weapons. Also can you get rid of the gloves?

28. TonyLi

TonyLi

Sorry your hard disk failed. The Asset Store doesn't hold older versions (although you can add your votes to a request to do this). You'll have to get it from your own backups or version control. If you don't run regular backups, set up backups before doing anything else.
    You'll need to customize the FPSPlayer.cs script's ApplyDamage() method.

29. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

thanks for your reply.. do you think if i ask direclty to azuline studios with my purchase code he could send to me the prevoius version before 1.4???

30. TonyLi

TonyLi

It can't hurt to ask. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Weblox likes this.
  31. erichey

erichey

Does anyone know how to integrate RFPS with Ultimate Fracturing & Destruction? It doesn't seem like it should be to difficult, but I'm not good at coding so I don't know for sure.

32. Arealjighead

Arealjighead

@skinwalker yes you can use the arms only without the body. but the body is also in Overwatch, the player never sees it because it is in FPS, but other players see it. which sounds like thats what your trying to make is a FPS game with bows instead of guns. yes, you can remove the gloves & sleeves also if needed.

33. skinwalker

skinwalker

Thanks, well yeah but I was pointing out your point of view, since I dont have any other characters in the scene I only want to see the hands of mine :D

34. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi All,

With the latest RFPSP Version 1.4 released 7 Sept after updating installation Projects refuse to run with the following error :

Assets/RFPSP/Scripts/Camera/VerticalBob.cs(95,28): error CS1061: Type `WeaponPivot' does not contain a definition for `PlayAnim' and no extension method `PlayAnim' of type `WeaponPivot' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Anyone know a fix for this?

In the meantime I will try to find a solution myself.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT UPDATE :

OK I fixed this albeit via disabling the offending "PlayAnim" line in code. Not the right way to do it I guess but it works and with seemingly no adverse affects....

Overall the Update seems to be very good with some really nice improvements.....
    ,.,,.as usual the asset update will mean extra work to update Custom characters and weapons and so on but will be well worth it in the end.

Worth mentioning also is that for me at least there seems to be a decent improvement/increase in performance too as a bonus at least in the particular project I have tried this in.

Thanks Azuline-Studios and everyone at the forums too for their help and support.

Peter

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  35. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I bought the asset today and it works very well. However there's a few bugs and troubles I'm encountering.

Bugs
    • I was changing the weapons the player can start with when the game is loaded, but sometimes the weapons won't work. For example the shotgun won't fire and the flashlight doesn't allow you to use the melee attack. Zooming the camera out into third person allows you to attack but zooming in once again disables attacking.
    • Climbing a ladder is very buggy; it works fine when I'm climbing up the edge of either side of the ladder though. The code itself is fine but doesn't work well with the ladder that comes with the pack. (I fixed it by removing the collision of all the individual blocks making the ladder, copied the trigger, renamed the copy "Collider" and adjusted it to the bounds of the ladder).
    Troubles
    • I'm not very fond of the size of the player prefab; I wish to adjust the height of it to 1 and a 1/2 unity cubes tall (1.75 metres tall) but resizing the prefab causes it to bug out and sink into the ground. How can I safely adjust the size without breaking the prefab?
    • How do I disable the slight sway of the camera when the character's jumping?
    • How do I disable the kickback while firing/melee attacking? The camera jerking forward a bit is a little nauseating in my opinion.
    • How can I disable the premade lighting setup that comes with the weapons? When I reload a scene the lighting changes and it's a little bothersome.
    I look forward to your reply.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  36. muhammadadnan0075

muhammadadnan0075

@TonyLi
    Hello TonyLi.
    I'm willing to buy your save system for RFPS but i want to ask that is it still compatible with the new update of RFPS 1.4?
    Thanks

37. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @muhammadadnan0075 - Yes, it's still compatible. RFPS's AI script prints a Mecanim warning when you kill an AI, but it's harmless. I'll address this with Azuline and hopefully publish an update soon to get rid of the warning.

38. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi All.
    I am doing a new mini series on YouTube where i review 4 main FPS kits and record my efforts to make a game.
    It's going to be an asset kit Face Off!! (without Nicolas Cage)

Hopefully I learn and can show something along the way.

Here is a sneak preview with Realistic FPS Prefab.

leandrovtd, Weblox and RobsonFMaciel like this.
  39. maxaud

maxaud

Cool! Nice work. Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Originally I was in to UFPS more but now that I've been in to both and have used both in my scenes I think I'm leaning strongly towards RFPSP. I know UFPS2 is only in Alpha but it seems like it's taken a few steps back too.

40. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Thanks. I'm very excited and a little scared :)

I think with all these kits we are very fortunate. And with each adding new features, it encourages competition and innovation.

Asset store is a massive place and enough room for different FPS kits. Especially with each kit having it's own accent

41. maxaud

maxaud

I'm having trouble adding a new weapon. Did it change in the new update? is there an updated tutorial?

I've tried using the docs and the video tutorials online and my weapon just kinda flops around and doesn't show properly aligned.

Thank you!

42. arie1994

arie1994

Has anyone managed to integrate "inventory pro"? or other inventory system?
    How "S-inventory" works with rfps? (the hot keys and rfps weapon slots)

43. TonyLi

TonyLi

If you have the Dialogue System, it includes a free integration package for S-Inventory and RFPS together. But I need to update it for the recently-released RFPS 1.4. Later today, I'll be posting a link to the updated integration package.

44. arie1994

arie1994

how the integration works in case of quiping weapons and hotbar?
    Can i put any weapon in the hot bar or is it restricted to weapon type like in the regular rfps?

45. TonyLi

TonyLi

You can put anything in the skill bar, but in RFPS you can only equip weapons that you've configured on the RFPS player. If you have S-Inventory, you can try out the free evaluation version of the Dialogue System to see if it meets your needs. (If you're using RFPS 1.4, please wait for the new integration package later today.)

46. TheAngryGuy

TheAngryGuy

How would one go about getting access to the current weapons Renderer component?

Say for instance a pistol is on the ground, and I pick it up, then the game auto switches to the picked up weapon.
    I need access to the gun to equip so I can switch shaders when the gun is picked up.

I have a shader highlighting the pickup gun, but that also gets inherited on the actual weapon that gets picked up. So I need to be able to switch shaders back to default as soon as the weapon is picked up.

Thanks

47. yedpodtrzitko

yedpodtrzitko

Hi,
    I've a problem with the direction of the weapon model.

Steps to reproduce:
    - drag "FPS Main" prefab into scene
    - untick 'Remove Prefab Root' in the "FPS Main/FPS Player"
    - start game, pick any weapon (eg. "give all weapons" in menu)

current result:
    - the active weapon model is facing/shooting the opposite direction

expected result:
    - the weapon model aligns the current view

Unity 2017.1
    RFPS 1.4 (but afaik it was acting like this even in 1.2x)

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  48. maxaud

maxaud

Here's the issue I'm running in to:

49. Brutusomega

Brutusomega

Hello, i am trying to make the character start with a weapon already equipped when the scene loads, can someone please tell me how to achieve this?

50. TonyLi

TonyLi

You'll need to write a script that runs the PlayerWeapons.SelectWeapon coroutine:

Code (csharp):
    1. var playerWeapons = FindObjectOfType<FPSPlayer>().PlayerWeaponsComponent;
    2. StartCoroutine(playerWeapons.SelectWeapon(weaponNumber));