Search Unity

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Ferretface

Ferretface

Couple questions before purchase:
    My game requires clearing a path through forest with with machete for brush and axe for trees, can this do that(like asset DestroyIt)?
    Does this asset run smooth on iPhone and Android?
    Regards, FerretFace

2. Gua

Gua

I've used this physics material on my player, but player still keeps sliding on slopes. Does anyone know how to prevent it from sliding. I'm using RFPS 1.21

3. unicat

unicat

Hi, in 1.23 i always get an error:

ReconfigurePrefab.Update () (at Assets/RFPSP/Scripts/Player/ReconfigurePrefab.cs:68)NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

It is an empty project with only the fps player and a plane. I only have removed all postprocessing scripts, like global fog etc...
    I am using Unity 5.4 beta 15.

4. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Another way I used was to disable the smooth mouse look, and enable mouse cursor, then hide mouse and enable smooth mouse look. This way time wont stop and ur beable to use the mouse without the camera moving :D

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  5. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Put a physics material on the collider too? like terrain collider or mesh. I think use a terrain physics material as the ZeroFriction one is slippery I think?

6. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi, look at the script and line out the image effects to enable or disable, also comment out at the top referening them :D

It's to do with switching camera's and enabling disabling effects on each camera

7. unicat

unicat

Will try this, thank you.

8. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

I just have one problem with 1.23 I just tryed adding a pistol but it just spins ooc.

edi! Fixed this by disabling ''Weapon Roll'' on the Weapon script. case anyone else get's this problem :D

9. sluice

sluice

The changes to 1.23 are great! Thanks!

10. Takahama

Takahama

Any idea how i swap arrow model ? im trying to make bullet velocity and bullet drop to my guns. but arrows pops up from barrel :D Requesting help!
    EDIT: Nevermind find it :l ( Object Pooling Manager )

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  11. JACKO4590

JACKO4590

Alright. Bows!!! Iv been waiting for this since the last update. This now almost have everything I want.

In saying that.
    Any word on multiplayer support? With the new 3rd person support does that mean it's going to be easier to implement online play with just changing what model the other players are going to see?
    I'm not the best coder and only been self teaching my self for the last year and a bit so doing multiplayer my self will be hard.

I haven't had the pleasure to try this out yet but after work today I will be downloading this and start working with it.

12. petercoleman

petercoleman

Sorry if this is a stupid question.....

How do I get third person player to use weapons? Currently in Third Person mode the player only shows the "default" attached weapon which does nothing by default and I cant get the TP Player to change/switch to any weapon I pick up.

Currently I only seem to be able to pick up and have/use different weapons/ammo in First Person mode? In FPS mode they work correctly and the same as earlier version?

I am stuck with changing and displaying Third Person Character weapons?

This seemed to work correctly in the Web Player Demo I looked at previously but my install does not seem to reflect that?

EDIT UPDATE : Must have been mistaken perhaps - the current web demo here shows what I am getting with TP Character not representing First Person mode and displaying/using any FPS weapons.

I understand that Third Person is described as Basic currently.

I have had to disable third person completely until I can get the weapons to work in that mode as one cant have a different weapon say to go to extremes a bow and arrow in FPS mode and a MP4 in TP mode, they have to match when switching views. The Player third person mode currently being stuck with the default weapon and no animations for weapons.

I had previously started to add my own weapons to switch out to when in FPS mode. Now it looks like a much bigger and complex undertaking to do the same for Third person mode if it can be done that is?

Peter

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  13. TryHarder

TryHarder

Appologies for lazyness, well I have had a quick search :)

Has anyone ever changed the player mesh ? My Character is not a Soldier, I like the full body awareness but I need a civilian not a soldier player model.

Thank you !

14. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Yh, I did on previous version. Its easy to do, just make sure new animations names are the same

15. TryHarder

TryHarder

Ok great, thank you, llJIMBOBll

16. TryHarder

TryHarder

Next question, I want to limit the vertical movement of the mouse look, so you cant look quite so far down, cant figure out how to restrict that.

Any help greatly appriciated

Thank you.

17. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

It's on Smooth Mouse Look, Min y and Max Y...

I'm just adding a player body and looks like 1.23 uses 2 player meshes which are different sizes. I found a good tool to split the arms and head called FPS Mesh Tool.

18. duniatorga

duniatorga

Hei Azuline
    Version 1:23 Already Supports Mecanim, No? Especially the "Character" and "arm"

19. QuadMan

QuadMan

This asset run smooth on mobile device, I've tested.

20. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi, I've just found an amazing free asset, it converts your mecanim animations from any model and bakes them to your legacy model. Search for Animation Baker.

21. TryHarder

TryHarder

Sorry forgot to say thank you, that fixed it !

22. Deppex

Deppex

I have tried and does not work with mouse.

I have solution
    Create UiCanvas in your Scene UICanvas not turn into an object
    2. Be sure that EventSystem was created in scene
    3. Set Canvas Render Mode to Screer Space - Overlay
    4. Event System set Send Navigation Events to true
    If you have in your Canvas Canvas Group to fade in and out
    Interactable set to true and Blocks Raycasts to true
    if you made animation and use Animator for UI elements set
    Update Time to Unscaled Time

That would have to work
    with TimeScale
    and is 100 times better than GUI
    and easy to make

Thank you for your help

23. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Greetings all :)

Brand new user here, so this is probably very basic stuff for which I apologise, but I have read at least 20 pages of this thread and havent found the answer yet :)

I have built a basic level and got the FPS Main into it and can run around and give myself all the weapons and unlimited ammo part.

I can add the NPC's and they attck when required and I can have a good firefight.

When I add the SoldierBadNPC.. I don't want him to drop the M4 but I do want him to drop ammo for the pistol. Now, according to what I have read and can see.. theres a couple of places I could do this..

1) In the Character Damage script theres 2 fields.. Gun Item and Gun Obj follwed by Gun Stay Time.

Gun Item.. is item to spawn when NPC is killed (assume to add ammo here)
    Gun object.. is weapon m,esh to hide when NPC dies replaced by Gun Item (assume add M4 here)
    Gun Stay time.. time for dropped item to stay in world after character dies. (assume this would be the ammo)

Theres also the SoldierBadRagdoll which has the Gun Pickup set as M4 which I assume could be changed for the Pistol Ammo.

However.. none of these changes have any effect.. he always drops the M4 as a pickup and never the ammo.

I would be happy if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong.

Many thanks

Moria

24. TonyLi

TonyLi

Updated Dialogue System Support Package Available

The Dialogue System Extras page has an updated support package for Realistic FPS Prefab that accommodates the changes in v1.23.

25. petercoleman

petercoleman

How do I turn off the "Give All Weapons" button option on the Main Menu? i.e. Deactivate the choice so its not available to game players (greyed out)?

I have not been able to find a quick or easy or indeed any way to do this in editor?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Peter

26. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

I don't think there is a way in the editor, but all you need to do is find and comment out these lines in the Main Menu script.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. FPSPlayerComponent.PlayerWeaponsComponent.GiveAllWeaponsAndAmmo();
    2.         PlayButtonFx(giveAllClickFx, giveAllFxVol);

27. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi, I've added my own weapons but am getting some weird bug, the weapons worked before on the previous version. I get some bug like none of the guns will Fire unless I run first, I can even walk and it wont shoot, but only when I run then It let's me Fire.

All animations are renamed as they should, Fire, Reload, Ready, also they have Hide. None of the weapons have a Melee animation and on each weapon I've disabled to you can melee hit.

Also the grenades and arrows are not showing up on the ammo Ui to show how many you have.

Thanx Jimbob

Edit! I imported to new project and everything works perfect, maybe something I done. Thanx :D

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  28. OZAV

OZAV

moria15 - you must have assigned your Tags or Layers of pickup items wrongly,
    (it's always tags or layers, to check first, if anything goes wrong).
    Try that first...
    Tags and layers are something you must keep an eye for, all the time...

29. OZAV

OZAV

...also, here for everyone, using RFPS, new current version,
    and Realistic Car Controller, (or any other of your cars, with RFPS)
    i have made this for community so, you guys can attach this scr,
    to your car (with collider is trigger ticked on) and it will damage:
    the NPC's, their bodies, glass, and explosive objects, on Car impact.
    (just add the amount of damage you want) :)
    ...i can also help setting up RFPS, and Realistic Car Controller (V2x),
    completely with RFPS Player, just email me, or drop me a note here,
    (some symbolic fee may be involved, just so you can appreciate, and learn it better,
    and - is not from money reasons, as: my wish is: that you understand it properly,
    as i give you step-by-step guide, and all you need to achieve nice car driving,
    in RFPS current new version
    :) (*you must own legal copy of both assets, of course).
    Michael.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Dawar, QuadMan and llJIMBOBll like this.
  30. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Thanks, I'll check and get back.. I have to say I assumed the tags and layers were correct because I imported RFPS first into a blank project and then just built a level, but I will check and get back :)

Thanks for the clue.

Regards

M

31. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Thank you for this :D

32. OZAV

OZAV

you're, welcome, guys ... (any probs, drop me a line) :)
    Michael.

33. Dawar

Dawar

thank for your nice script I really like it.
    I have one question.
    Q:how to enter and exit into car?
    thanks

34. miguelmacias

miguelmacias

why is 3d sound not working when i create a blank or sphere for example and i add the 3d music and distance .. it just plays the sound or music at startup and does not allow the 3d music to play... someone help or is there another way

35. miguelmacias

miguelmacias

i imported the projected as an update... but i drag the main player camera and it does not move or nothing u can just see the gun, hand and clips.. but not doing anything.. is their something i need to do after update?

36. emperor12321

emperor12321

I just got an error with fade-in. It said DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root game objects. Anyone else see this/ know what to do? It started after I accidentally ran API update

37. NeuroToxin-Studios

NeuroToxin-Studios

This error means that a script on a child gameobject is calling the DontDestroyOnLoad method whereas the parent gameobject isn't, did you create a gameobject and then make the Fade-in gameobject a child of it? if so then the script will have to go onto the parent gameobject to fix this issue.

OZAV and emperor12321 like this.
  38. hoschi3d

hoschi3d

Is there a chance on Steam VR Support? (Vive)

Hormic likes this.
  39. rbm123

rbm123

how can I improve Enemy AI ?
    he is just standing and shooting me and it's not nice for game?
    any have changed AI ?

40. TonyLi

TonyLi

Are there any errors in the Console view? Did you bake a navmesh for the enemy to navigate around?

41. rbm123

rbm123

no - there is no problem in enemy! I make a waypoint and he follow that! but I want it a little smarter!

42. TonyLi

TonyLi

Behavior Designer has RFPS integration. You can use it to make a behavior tree AI that's as smart as any AAA game.

43. rbm123

rbm123

is this easy? I'm not pro -
    and is there any tutorial for RFPS?

44. unicat

unicat

Why is Azuline not more on the forums to answer questions? He did a great job on updating RFPS, but without support
    its a dead product. Maybe he could selling it to ToniLi who is always trying to help with problems with this asset.

45. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Azuline Studios did an amazing job on this update. after you play around with it it's prob one of the easiest to work with.
    A few things I found one was I couldn't use the 20 scale for 2 camera setup as I have a flame thrower and the flame would get cut off quite far, you can easily adjust on the camera parent object set the scale from 20 to 1 and do the same on the weapon.main parent object.
    Another is if you weapons starts spinning as mine did, look and disable Weapon Roll.
    I like how you set everything out too, he's exposed most settings and sorted into groups which is nice too

RFPS has a Great Community so if you do have any questions you will soon get an answer either from Azuline or one of us. A good tip is read this forum from start to finish.. :D

Can't wait for more 3rd person animations :D I want to add some swimming animations but not sure how to do it yet.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  46. TonyLi

TonyLi

I agree with JIMBOB -- RFPS has a great community. If you have questions, I'm sure someone here can help.

@rbm123 - Making your AI with a behavior tree is easy once you've learned how behavior trees work. But it takes some time to learn how behavior trees work. It's a good skill to know, though. Here's an introduction: Behavior Trees for AI.

OZAV likes this.
  47. Dawar

Dawar

when i convert to IOS.
    and open the main sandbox scene
    my unity hang.
    the other two scene working well

48. Takahama

Takahama

@Azuline Studios Requesting help!
    i switch arrow object to a bullet tracer, but i need to set that projectile a timer for destroy it (or it stays forever in air)
    here is the real problem, Arrows and projectiles dont leave a bullet hole! How i set this ?!
    Thanks.

49. OZAV

OZAV

Dawar - to enter-exit car, with RFPS, (or other-based):
    you need to buy: Realistic Car Controller asset, from Unity Asset Store,
    and it will come with interface, that will enable you to put one Enter-Exit script
    on your Player, and - another one, on the car you're setting up. And, all done.
    And that, by just few clicks of the mouse. (i hope Bugra will update his
    RCC Car Controller, with RCC camera scripts, that avoid camera-terrain
    collisions / clipping as well.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Dawar likes this.
  50. OZAV

OZAV

And...another...Quick update, guys ... as i am ranting in (newest) RFPS,
    (I hope it will help a lot of newbies, using RFPS, for integrations).
    RFPS - Player object - de-mistifying - continued:

--- i find the following (for current version of RFPS - V1.23, APR 2016):

(if the "remove prefab root" is ticked on first, in the "FPS Player"
    object / script, i guess and - let's say - it has to be ticked-on,
    for most of users of RFPS ):

(player's) MOVING with player (sub) objects, on runtime, are:

-FPS Camera (deparents on start from root "FPS Main" object)
    -FPS Player (deparents on start from root "FPS Main" object)
    -FPS Weapons (deparents on start from root "FPS Main" object)
    -VisibleBody (deparents on start from root "FPS Main" object)

AND:
    (player's) STATIC-dumped-anywhere, and left in scene (sub) object,
    on runtime, is: "FPS Effects"...
    (gets deparented, and just left anywhere in the scene, static)

AND - for last:
    "FPS Main" object
    (i assume - that is main player holder-object, as said:
    misteriously - vanishes, at start, completely from scene
    hierarchy)...
    puff---smoke---blue moon and candle---RFPS !
    (which is why i like it, as each time - it offers so many more new - challenges).

:)
    Michael.
    ================

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    Napisal and Dawar like this.