Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Ludo97

Ludo97

Hello I created a weapon shop system and I use the weapons of Realistic FPS Prefab item but when I buy with NPC nothing happens , the weapon does not appear . I do not think it's my system the problem because I tried with another model gun and also working. How to solve this problem, there is an adjustment to make on the item of the weapon ? Thank you

2. Ludo97

Ludo97

It's good I found. When the mouse remains fixed to the screen center how to move ?

3. Ludo97

Ludo97

When I pulled the house (it is set to "Wood" and "World Collision"), the particle of wood is well played but after there is a weird texture that appears, how to fix it please ?

Attached Files:

4. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi, I wonder if someone would help me. Im using the wave spawner for some ai and some have waypoints already on the map, but I'm wondering is it possible to add a waypoint group to the ai when they spawn, but I dont want it to affect the ai that already have waypoint group. so im thinking maybe add a new script to the ai prefabs ready to spawn, with a script to auto attach the waypoint group to them.
    The reason is because I dont even know if this work, because lets say you go up a ladder the ai just run around under the ladder like headless chickens and cant climb the ladder to get you. So im thinking i need them if they cant see me to move along on waypoints untill they can. Maybe its not possible im not sure, but the ai running under you is a problem.

Thank you -Jimbob

edit.. Ive tryed this but says cannot cenvert type ai to gameobject, please dont laugh xd
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public GameObject EnemyWaypoint1;
    2.     private AI waypointgroup;
    4.     void onEnable()
    5.     {
    6.         var waypointgroup = GetComponentInParent<AI>();
    7.         if (waypointgroup = null)
    8.             EnemyWaypoint1 = waypointgroup;
    9.     }

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  5. BlurTimeTeam

BlurTimeTeam

6. QuadMan

QuadMan

This is cause because of the object size.
    That's really easy to do it.
    Open InputControl.cs and
    Just change input to CFinput, and add controller

7. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hey, i have the same problem with some prefabs.
    For fixe this, select you'r prefab in you'r scene, select the child and the size need to be 1, 1, 1, the problem is :

The child is big but the prefab is small, this is why the impact texture is so big because you'r wood box is very big but you'r prefab is small you see ? :)

Deleted User likes this.
  8. Ludo97

Ludo97

Thank you , I'll have to start my prefabs

9. Ludo97

Ludo97

"When the mouse remains fixed to the screen center how to move ?"

This problem come from " SmoothMouseLook " of FPSCamera deactivates when I arrived I was clicking my GUIBox but when it's on and I enter the trigger area of my GUIBox not fixed rest the mouse to move it so I can not click my GUIBox , anyone knows how to adjust its in the script " SmoothMouseLook " of FPSCamera ?

10. TonyLi

TonyLi

When you enter the GUIBox trigger, you could disable SmoothMouseLook and unlock the cursor.

When you exit the GUIBox trigger or close the window, re-enable SmoothMouseLook and lock the cursor.

If you have the Dialogue System for Unity, look at the code in FPSLuaBridge.cs for an example.

11. Ludo97

Ludo97

Hello, how to integrate the asset " Inventory Pro" with Realistic FPS Prefab , I looked on google but I see no tutorial , thank you

12. Marcirazzo

Marcirazzo

What are the official names of the shotgun and the sniper used in RFPS?

13. NeuroToxin-Studios

NeuroToxin-Studios

For the shotgun I think it mostly resembles a Mossberg 500, and for the Sniper I am pretty sure it is just the AK47 model with a scope but it could also be resembling a Dragnov.
    I live in a country where guns are illegal and so I am going off video games, films and airsoft, Sorry if I am mistaken.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    Deleted User likes this.
  14. Ludo97

Ludo97

I have a problem of underwater Realistic FPS Prefab with unistorm . When I go underwater camera hangs three seconds and then come back normal and her again. thank you for the help.

15. Hormic

Hormic

Is there a new date for the next version update?
    The last date i know was mid January... i'm eagerly waiting (arrow and bow). :)

llJIMBOBll and emperor12321 like this.
  16. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hey guy's !

I need you'r help with a new AI system.
    I use RDG for my "Flash Back" game mode and the NPC of RFPS use navmesh, so i use A*pathfinding for scan the level after is generated, i have already make the "auto scan" with the script parts but i need help for the NPC movement.

For "move" AI with this system, i use Seeker and RichAi scripts (from A*) this script looks like this :

With this scripts, the gameobject move to the "target" position and here is my problem, if i put my player in this slot after enter in the play mode NPC run directly on the player and ..... this is not good :/

So, what i need is, use the navmesh system of A* Pathfinding, and replace the navmesh needed by NPC of RFPS by the A* Pathfinding.

I don't know if you see what i mean.

Hope you can help me on this :)

Thanks

17. Stalli

Stalli

Hello, guys. Could someone help me with with problem. I want to add my custom menu to the sandbox scene. It contains Box Colliders.
    img1.png img2.png
    But after I start Play. Some script destroy all my object instead of Sprites:
    img3.png

What I have to do to add my UI elements with colliders?

Updated: I resolve it by putting my menu to "LeanCollider" layer. But I haven't find the code, where it's written that all GameObjects with colliders are destroying (except layer "LeanCollider").

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  18. Marcirazzo

Marcirazzo

Does anyone know for sure the names of the shotgun and the sniper?

19. Defcon44

Defcon44

The sniper is just an AK47 with sniper scope.

And for the shotgun, @ShadowWarrior979 reply to you'r question = Mossberg 500
    If you don't trust him, put Mossberg 500 in google and check the picture dude, this is it.

NeuroToxin-Studios likes this.
  20. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

I am studying Playmaker and Adventure Creator. Will RFPS work with these?

21. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hi,
    i don't know if playmake works with him for now :s

And same answer for adventure Creator but maybe another user can help you with this :)

22. TonyLi

TonyLi

Just about anything can work with anything else given enough effort. (I maintain Dialogue System support packages for all three of those products, so I have a decent understanding of how they work.)

None of these products has specific integration scripts for any of the others, but they can still work together.

For example, Last of the Huntsmen is a game that uses RFPS and PlayMaker: http://lastofthehuntsmen.blogspot.com/

A PlayMaker user posted some advice on using PlayMaker with Adventure Creator here: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=8808.0

So it's possible to get them all running in the same scene.

The hard part is exchanging data between them -- for example, getting PlayMaker to know which RFPS weapon is equipped and how much ammo is left, or getting RFPS to equip a shotgun when the player interacts with an Adventure Creator hotspot.

If you identify the minimum amount of data that needs to be exchanged, you can focus only on that to make the job simpler.

Also, since Adventure Creator and RFPS both control the camera, you'll have to work out how to get them to play nicely together. If you happen to have the Dialogue System for Unity, you can pull some of the third party support components from it. They might be useful to show you how to suspend RFPS's controls when you're in an Adventure Creator cutscene, or how to get and set data. There's a link to a free evaluation version on the Asset Store page.

All of this is definitely possible; these are just my thoughts to help you know what you'd be getting into.

23. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Thanks Tony. I'm very impressed with RFPS demos. What I aim to make is Adventure in FP, and preferably BOTH. Where the player explores say, a island, then goes into a house, switches to FP, or at a time of convenience, switches to FP. There would only be SOME shooting action. Playmaker has a "send message" where it can communicate with scripts.

24. Hormic

Hormic

Adventure Creator works with UFPS, so it might be easier to use this in your case....

25. TonyLi

TonyLi

It'll take more than PlayMaker's "send message" to exchange data. You might consider Hormic's suggestion to use Adventure Creator with UFPS. Adventure Creator can share camera and controls with UFPS, but it doesn't exchange data. So that'll require some work, maybe even a bit of custom scripting, with either FPS product.

Adventure Creator has its own visual scripting language of sorts (action lists), so you probably don't need PlayMaker. The fewer pieces you need to fit together, the easier your job will be.

26. Ghost_Interactive

Ghost_Interactive

just one simple Q, ? when will come update 1.23 . i am w8ing for it & prospond also my game :(

27. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

5.3 has changed alot of stuff, will the new update be updated to 5.3? I'm having problems with Texture resolution at runtime, and see a ton of use scenemanager xd. but still works ok without going through every script to change. They should add it to auto update api. :D

28. Gua

Gua

Thank you very much! You're a life savior :)

29. TonyLi

TonyLi

Glad I could help!

30. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

31. Takahama

Takahama

@Azuline Studios please! say something! :D we need demo/information about update :D

Defcon44 likes this.
  32. Joeronimoe

Joeronimoe

Does anyone have this working with Bolt still? I followed TonyLi's tutorial and used the package provided and I am getting:
    Assets/Resources/Scripts/GlobalCallbacks.cs(6,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `DestroyEvent' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

For each Event I created in Bolt, and I hit the green arrow, still not picking it up some where, I probably missed something.

33. emperor12321

emperor12321

Hey all. I'm struggling with low framerates. How do you solve this?

34. QuadMan

QuadMan

check profiler

35. TonyLi

TonyLi

As @Reality Gaming Studio writes, the profiler will tell you. The culprits will probably be the effects on FPS Camera. You may need to disable them or at least provide a way for the player to specify which effects to enable.

Deleted User likes this.
  36. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Ludo97, this is related to the hit mark objects only checking the scale of the hit object and not the scale of that object's parent object. This has been fixed in the next version, but a workaround for version 1.22 is to only scale the objects directly and keep the parent object scale at 1,1,1, like Defcon44 suggested.

In version 1.22, the AI doesn't account for a path to the target not being found, leading to the confused, wandering behavior. We'll be fixing this in the next version. Your code is a good start, but since you are declaring an AI.cs instance as "waypointgroup", if you wanted to change that AI instance's waypoint group, you'd have to do something like waypointgroup.waypointGroup, because "waypointGroup" is the name of the variable that AI.cs uses to store that NPC's waypoint group. There would need to be some additional checks added to AI.cs to allow the dynamic switching of waypoint paths though, which we'll be looking into.

The WaterZone.cs script modifies the ambient lighting and fog settings of the scene when submerging/emerging from water. You can try unchecking the "Underwater Fog Enable" box of WaterZone.cs (attached to the Water Zone Trigger object by default) in case there is a script conflict. We'll also add an inspector option in the next version to prevent WaterZone.cs from making any changes to the scene settings for compatibility. Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Defcon44, we've been looking into this too. The agent.SetDestination(position) calls in AI.cs are what would need to be replaced by an alternate pathfinding system. In a future version, we're hoping to make the AI pathfinding method easier to change.

There aren't any official names, because the models are somewhat kitbashed, but the other responses to your question seem pretty close.

As for development on version 1.23, apologies that we missed the mid-January estimate. A few issues came up that we wanted to fix, but work is back on track now and the goal is for a release this month. Since our last post, we've made some significant changes, with the main one being the introduction of a very early third person mode. Bows and arrows haven't been introduced yet, but the coding and NPC systems are now in place so work can begin.

Here is a new preview webplayer demo of version 1.23.

Control Revisions:
    • Backspace: drop weapon
    • G: throw grenade
    • Left Alt, Middle Mouse: toggle third person, first person mode
    • Z: toggle deadzone aiming
    • backslash: switch grenade types
    • Z, X: no longer used for item pickup and throwing, replaced by holding use key F and fire button

Here is a basic rundown of what has been done since our last preview:
    • Third person mode which is incomplete and needs a Mecanim setup, so character animations are not working fully and transitions are not as seamless as we would like yet, but you can test out this mode by pressing left alt or middle mouse, holding the button while moving will allow you to rotate the camera while moving. We probably won't be doing any more work on this for version 1.23 as we're just laying the foundation for a full featured third person mode in a future update.
    • Reduced the dependence on layers for object/physics organization to work better with deferred lighting setups that have a 4 light limit for exclusion/culling mask for lights.
    • NPCs now have separate colliders for body parts and have location damage to allow for headshots and other effects like arrows sticking in specific body parts (such as a character's knee). The character's ragdoll is not instantiated anymore, so the character can transition to a ragdoll and back to animations again, without needing to create/destroy objects.
    • The pickup and throw object buttons have been merged with the use button. To pick up and hold an object, just hold the use key over it, to throw it, press the fire button.
    • The backslash key switches between grenade types. Just different colored grenades are in the demo, but any kind of grenade could be used, like a flash grenade, smoke grenade, etc.
    • Changes to the 2 camera setup to allow very large scene sizes. The weapon model scale and camera near clipping planes have been modified (and can be easily customized) to allow scenes up to, and greater than 12000 x 12000 units without needing to recenter the scene back to the origin.
    Known issues in the demo:
    • Moving platforms are not working properly yet with third person mode.
    • AI companions have not been integrated fully into the wave spawning mode yet, which means that the NPCs hunting the player might ignore, or get confused by the friendly NPCs attacking them.
    • Ragdoll limbs clipping into main body parts, due to changes in layer organization, which will be fixed.
    Thank you for your interest and trying the demo!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
  37. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

nice demo :)

Found a bug. I cant pickup any guns.

38. Defcon44

Defcon44

Thank you Azuline :p !!!
    Hope we can see this update soon but take you'r time ! :D

Deleted User likes this.
  39. Hormic

Hormic

maybe it's why you are full equiped right from the beginning.
    try your mousewheel ;-)

I'm also very exited about the upgrade, and i found one bug which i hope you will take care of before release, cause this is important for me. Its the player model which doesn't have the right weapons in the shadows and probaply in the 3rd person view. see the screenshot.

Attached Files:

pushingpandas likes this.
  40. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

ah thanks. That was the mistake. Great. Please release soon!

41. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

ooooh i'm looking forward to this! the Z, X method was too clunky

42. USTGames

USTGames

Guys , please help to make pause menu for rfps (with normal Unity UI)

43. TonyLi

TonyLi

What about Unity's free Game Jam Menu Template?

44. Takahama

Takahama

@Azuline Studios Nice! here a bug i noticed.
    While enemy shooting to me i get behind building but i keep getting hit until enemy soldier's attack finish

Edit: Also while moving(not turning) smoke effect from weapons follow my character
    Edit2: And mines have long colliders. shooting them wont work and when mines lined up between me and enemy i cant shoot them because of mine collider :C
    PS: Can we set lean range between crouching and standing ?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Deleted User likes this.
  45. Salazar-Aguilar

Salazar-Aguilar

Hello Azuline Studios.

I have a simple question about something I couldn't find on the manual.
    When I aiming on the RFPS I can notice that the weapon waves, just very little, like a idle or breathing animation, and I want to know where can I change the variables to edit this weapon waving.

46. Takahama

Takahama

Need help!
    i need a script that does breakable lights!
    i used breakable object script from RFPS but when i shoot to light mesh broke perfectly but light stays in game for few seconds. Any ideas ?

47. USTGames

USTGames

Please help to integrate pause menu from game jam menu to rfps

48. TonyLi

TonyLi

Here are the steps I just tested:
    1. Import RFPS and Game Jam Menu Template into the project.
    2. Add Horizontal and Vertical inputs to Edit > Project Settings > Input (see here for screenshots).
    3. Create a new scene:
      • Add Game Jam Menu Template/Prefabs/UI and EventSystem to the scene.
      • Inspect UI and tick the Start Options > Change Scenes checkbox.
      • Save the scene as Main Menu.
    4. Add Main Menu and your first RFPS scene to the project's build settings.
    5. Play Main Menu.
    If you have the Dialogue System for Unity, you can download the Dialogue System Menu Template Prefab from the Extras page and use it instead of the UI prefab. This adds saving and loading games.

49. TonyLi

TonyLi

I updated the Bolt networking steps in this post for RFPS 1.22 and Bolt 0.4.3.12.

Deleted User and QuadMan like this.
  50. Ludo97

Ludo97

I have a small bug why when I approach in a building corner or a similar truck , the player is blocked and I can move ?