Search Unity

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. snowcult

snowcult

Wow, that looks incredible. How did you get the AI to react to your gunshot? Did you follow a PM tutorial, perchance?

2. Black-Spirit

Black-Spirit

First I just have to say this is a great asset, one of my favorites, have had it for months but have not made anything serious yet.

Though my question - Has anyone had any success using this with UniStorm? I for the life of me cant get it to work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

3. rgrlee71

rgrlee71

I figured out a neat little way to solve this. I set up a state machine for the flight response of the animal. After he checks to see if the player is within his visual range or hearing range and the answer is no, he does a search for the existence of the shell casing that the rifle drops when the weapon is fired. (The Realistic FPS prefab does this out of the box) I assigned the shell casing a custom tag and, when dropped, it stays in the scene for a few seconds before destroying itself. It's just long enough for the state machine to find it and realize the weapon has just been fired. It polls about twice a second.

The state machine then fires off the flight response state and off he goes. :)

View attachment 95021

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  4. snowcult

snowcult

Oh wow, thanks for showing that. I'm going to have to dig into PM and see how it all works. I'm pretty fresh when it comes to scripting, does the polling every two seconds cause any spamming issues? (Sorry, not sure the right wording there, I mean in regards to looping the check).

5. rgrlee71

rgrlee71

Well it only polls while nothing is happening. Once something happens it stops and reroutes to another branch of the state tree. See the second state at the top, it is a simple distance state that actually fires every frame. (that's why it doesn't have a NO transition.) Once the player falls inside this radius it starts checking whether the player falls into any of the AI's sensor ranges. If the answer is NO, it pauses for 1/2 second then checks for gunfire.

As long as the player is within this range, and can't be detected by the AI's sensors, that little pause before the gunfire state is all that stops the loop from firing every frame. I don't need it to fire every frame (since the rifle casing stays alive for a few seconds) and by firing it twice a second it has virtually no impact on performance.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  6. Paddington_Bear

Paddington_Bear

Hi there,
    I appreciate you probably get the question a lot but when do you estimate the "third person" feature to be released?
    Cheers

7. snowcult

snowcult

Ah fair enough. Thank you for the information.

Azuline. Quick question. Is it possible to apply "WorldRecenter" to gun models/player only? Trying to figure out why 70% of my buildings find themselves in different areas of the map isn't workng for me. And it's really starting to annoy me >_>

And I couldn't make this do anything to my health points:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  8. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

you could add a health pick up script to the food along with a food pick up script

9. Onyxius

Onyxius

For some reason i dont show my post i just made about swimming, so i will re-post, my apologies if it turns up.

I have been trying to get my player to swim with water4 and it's just not happening. Can someone perhaps explain how to get it to work?

Thank you

10. Jack423

Jack423

I am having a problem where the raycast in the weapons are not sensing objects and they just go straight through. Any solution on how to fix this problem?

11. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

Is there collision on the objects?

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sure Defcon44, one thing you might want to check is that the original weapon model wasn't deleted, and just has its mesh renderer component deactivated, because the weapon model object you added as a child object needs to inherit the original's animation. You'll also want to position the new M4 model in the player's hands and set the model object to layer 8, the gun layer. If you're still having problems with this, we will consider making a weapon model replacement video that demonstrates how to swap out the weapon models, since this is a frequently asked question.

Glad to hear our project has helped shorten your development time, HollowRockAdam. Your game looks great!

Hi rgrlee71, good work on making your own AI system with Playmaker. One of the great things about Unity is how you can mix different projects and assets as a starting point your own game. Well done :)

Thanks Black Spirit, when using UniStorm with our project, you might want to look into how Unistorm interacts with the main camera of the scene. In our player prefab, there are two cameras, the main camera which renders the world, and the weapon camera, which renders the player's weapon model and GUI elements on top of the main camera elements. Both of these cameras have separate settings such as clip distances that can be edited. We haven't tried using Unistorm yet, but hopefully this info might help with your setup.

A third person mode is on the list, TheDuckOnQuack. It is planned for a future version that we will probably be migrating from Unity 3.5 to versions 4.x and 5.x to take advantage of new features like Mecanim, Shuriken, nav mesh, and others. There are a few remaining gameplay features that we'll be implementing for the 3.5 version of our asset. After that, we'll be archiving that version and updating to Unity 4.x and 5.x. So our estimate is a few months or before the end of the year, depending on how quickly the new features are implemented.

The building positioning issue is definitely something we'd like to help you with, ShinfoK. As far as applying the WorldRecenter.cs script to only weapon and player models, this would cause them to "teleport" across the map, which is why all objects need to be moved at once while maintaining their relative position to each other. Do you have any more information about the building models that are not being repositioned properly, such as if they have any LOD group components or scripts attached that might be trying to update their positions independently of WorldRecenter.cs?

We noticed this issue in a previous version of Unity, but it has been resolved using the same models in a newer version. Seeing as how there are a lot of things that could be causing this, it might be easier to send us some screenshots, video, or sample project via email or PM so we can troubleshoot what could be happening. Thanks for your patience.

For making the food pickups add health, here is what our change to the FoodPickup.cs script looked like:

Code (csharp):
    1. public void PickUpItem(){
    2.         //if player is hungry, apply hungerToRemove to hungerPoints
    3.         if (FPSPlayerComponent.hungerPoints > 0.0f  FPSPlayerComponent.usePlayerHunger) {
    5.             if(FPSPlayerComponent.hungerPoints - hungerToRemove > 0.0){
    6.                 FPSPlayerComponent.UpdateHunger(-hungerToRemove);
    7.             }else{
    8.                 FPSPlayerComponent.UpdateHunger(-FPSPlayerComponent.hungerPoints);    
    9.             }
    11.             FPSPlayerComponent.HealPlayer(hungerToRemove);//new code added here to make food pickups restore health
    13.             //play pickup sound
    14.             if(pickupSound){AudioSource.PlayClipAtPoint(pickupSound, myTransform.position, 0.75f);}
    We can also add this as an optional feature in the next version with a heath restoration variable called something like "healthToRestore" that can be edited from the inspector.

Hi Onyxius, if you have created a new scene and are trying to add some water that the player can swim in, the easiest way to go about this would be to drag the WaterZone object in the Assets\!Realistic FPS Prefab Files\!Objects\!InteractiveObjects folder from the project library into your scene. The WaterZone prefab has several child objects which include the visible water surface object, water effects object, and the actual water trigger which has a trigger volume and the WaterZone.cs script attached. If you are still having difficulty with getting the player to swim, please let us know so we can help you resolve the issue.

Hi Jack423, the first thing you can check is that the objects you want the bullets to collide with are set to layer 10, the World Collision layer and that the objects have a collider component attached like KingofMk98 mentioned. Hope that helps.

13. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hi Azuline !

I have to test what you told me to make but impossible, is the animation which I import is smaller she(it) is without texture and nevertheless is to add to the list of weapons. I what does not include that I hurts:/

Yes I think that a good video will not hurt because a video valleys one thousand words :)

14. PolarBoy

PolarBoy

Hi all!

This is my first try on gamemaking in Unity :)

I'm using Realistic FPS prefab with this game.

If anyone is interested in trying the betaversion in webplayer:
    GrouseHunter beta version 0.100

You should read the userguide first:
    GrouseHunter userguide

NOTE: This is a beta version so you will probably bump into some bugs.

To be able to learn more about Unity i decided to try mimic a real world hobby/sport.
    Making a quite unique gameplay these days aren't a easy task for sure.

Anyway, the game is called GrouseHunter and the gameplay is essential you as a hunter/handler wandering
    in the wilderness with your weapon where you have a birddog to your disposal trying to sniff up grouse for you to hunt.

The search pattern of the birddog is truly random and so is the placement of the grouse flocks on the terrain.
    If the birddog sense the grouse then it will point on the flock and flush the birds at your command.
    The escape route for the birds is also very random, but they do always try to fly away from you and your birddog in a random pattern when flushed.
    It's all very random as it would be in the real world.

Note: This is very BETA and the search pattern for the birddog needs tweaking and the 3D models, animations textures in the game is very BETA
    and is only there to show the gameplay in action. The exception is the superb nature prefabs mention futher down.

The bird situations are at 4.23 and 7.26.

Implemented:
    Simple MainMenu
    Singleplayer mode w/GPS tracking on birddog compass.

Future implementations:
    Custom Avatar editing (clothing etc.)
    Custom Dog editing (choose from a varity of gundog breeds)
    Weapon editing (choose your favorite weapon)
    Hiscore results
    Multiplayer (head to head)
    Fieldtrials (where a group of pepole goes head to head)
    Spectator mode (you can choose only to watch multiplayer or fieldtrial)

Prefabs used in making this BETA version of the game are:
    Rocky Hills Terrain Pack (Quantum Theory)
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/3360

3D Cloud Models (Quantum Theory)
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/4027

Real Nature Pack 2: Autumn v2 (On-Q Creations)
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/4322

Realistic FPS (Azuline Studios)
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/7739

But, i would like some feedback on the gameplay.
    The question is would anyone enjoy playing such a game?
    The multiplayer mode could be interesting?

I would like to know what you think before i spend way more time developing this game further
    and if you have ideas for improvment on the gameplay then please share :)

And again this is a BETA version of the game.

Greetings from
    Haakon A. Myhra aka 'PolarBoy'
    HM Interactive Norway

15. snowcult

snowcult

Azuline,

My problem is really that, since I've completely created new scenes because I'm extremely fickle about how I want things to look in my game, I've put my buildings inside of prefabs, and just grab them into whatever scene I'm working on for the moment.

I've tried centering the main container object that holds all of my building parts... that didn't work, but typing this I'm coming to the conclusion that all the building parts need to be close to the 0,0,0 coords, and it's the container that needs to be positioned out where I want it (in the 3000's, etc). Going to try this.... as pain staking as it will be to move hundreds of building objects, especially containers inside of containers inside of containers.

Thanks for the hunger!

Edit: Nope... can't figure this recenter thing out at all. At least, not when it comes to putting them in an empty container. Outside of the container it seems fine. But not inside. I really can't have them NOT in that container because there are so many objects, and my hierarchy is impossible to navigate otherwise.

Edit2: Scratch that, even outside one main container, it's getting put elsewhere. This really just isn't cutting it :/ Surely there's gotta be another way to stop the shake of my guns.

I should note, I'm using an 8000x8000 terrain for a large open world game.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  16. Takahama

Takahama

Hello! i have another problem ._.
    My character can climb every hill at 0 Slope Limit. Please help me :<

17. snowcult

snowcult

Ok, so I've managed to get set up a town that is grouped under a main object that is at a specific coordinate. The town stays where it needs to be. BUT... the Terrain and the Player move... The terrain, I have no idea why. It's at 0.0.0 and is NOT a child of a gameobject. *sigh*

Happy Easter! Lol

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  18. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

When yall move to 4.x and 5.x (particularly with mecanim) yall really should look into the full body fps awareness thing (like BF3/4) furthermore yall should add some hand animations for the platforming system (like far cry 3).

At that point you will be in mirror's edge territory ;).

19. eliteslayer

eliteslayer

Hi Azuline Studios,
    I actually bought this package a long time ago and it was great, I was able to use the weapons provided for many different uses. However I have some problems. I tried following one of your videos on how to add a new gun but when I tried it completely messed up. Would it be possible to make a video adding a new gun with actually a new weapon with different firing settings? Next I tried using different hand models and actual 3d character models to hold the gun for multiplayer or solo campaign but I haven't been able to complete this. In a future update would it be possible to add these along with a tutorial for this. Last thing is just to add a knifing melee system and grenade throwing system like in cod using "g" and "e:. I know this is a lot to ask and I have tried completing this myself but have had no luck. I believe that you guys can make it happen and improve on your package. Thankyou.

20. Reiner

Reiner

Hi Azuline Studios,

all looks great. One Question Multiplayer Addon in near Future plant for this Kit?

21. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hi Azuline !

I have a new problem (again i now ^^)

I add ACOG on MP5 ( On the pickup, and animation) all work good :)

But i have this problem :
    $Capture.PNG

ACOG don't move with animation, so i have importing animation in 3D MAX and add ACOG on the MP5, i save and re importing in UNITY but always this problem, exemple : I shot weapon play animation but ACOG don't move :/

Can you help me ? Please ?

Thanck's

22. Salazar-Aguilar

Salazar-Aguilar

Did you parent the acog model to the mp5 model?

23. Marcurios

Marcurios

Hi,

Recently bought the kit and i love it, good animations, good scripting and nice config options.
    Also added my own weapons in Maya and redone the reload animations to fit, works like a charm.
    I know my way around Maya, but i'm fairly new to Unity, that left me with a problem.
    I can't seem to get decals to newly added objects in my game.
    I tag the meshes with wood or metal and they have a collider set to default, i thought that if a mesh is tagged as wood that
    the prefab should pick up on this and add decals to objects that are hit.
    I noticed that the Layer field next to the tag field on all your meshes are blank, if i change one into default your meshes stop receiving decals too.
    and after days of searching in the scripts and on the internet i still cant find out how these decals should be set up.
    i know C# and Java, so i can find where it is done and i understand the mechanics, but for some reason i just can't get decals to appear.

Can you explain to me how i should set this up ?

thanks..

EDIT: nevermind, i already found out why it didn't work.
    You guys use Layer 19 and 10 but didn't give these layers a proper name, so newly added objects can't be
    chosen from the dropdownlist to be added to layer 19 or 10, a bit sloppy guys..

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  24. DarkJoney

DarkJoney

Hey Azuline, best FPS asset ever, but I want to ask us:
    I have trouble with bullet holes, I dont understand how to setup them in my scene, but in our demo it's works.
    Where is trouble?

25. Defcon44

Defcon44

How i can do that ? :/

-------------------------------------

I have open animation in Visual Studio, and i have imported ACOG.

Then i have importing animation in UNITY and ACOG is on the MP5 but don't anim :(

I think that the problem come from there, because my opinion has the ACOG has to be in the GROUP6 for living being but I do not know how to put her inside.

26. BrightBit

BrightBit

Hello,

I've bought the Realistic FPS Prefab Package a couple of hours ago. The integration up until now was really easy. However the World Recenter Script doesn't seem to work right. If you decrease the threshold to 6 for example you can see that the camera is always jumping a bit during a "recenter update".

Any tips on how to fix that?

Cheers
    BrightBit

Edit: Ok, I found the reason, although I still don't know how to fix it: The reason is the Camera Kick script. It stores some position information of the camera that will be old after a "recenter update".

27. BrightBit

BrightBit

I'm not sure if I fixed it but subtracting the translation offset from tempLerpPos of the CameraKick Script in each "recenter update" seems to work.

28. Defcon44

Defcon44

HI Brightbit,

What do you mean by " recenter update" ?

29. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

I couldnt record a video at the moment but here is a picture "tutorial"
    $addingattachment.png

30. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hi KingofMK,

Thanck's for the picture but how i can bring my attachement and child it ?

31. Marcurios

Marcurios

@ DarkJoney,

give your layers names, i just named them 8,9,10 and so on, after that you can choose layer 19 or 10 for a object that needs bullet holes.
    and ofcourse set the tag for the type of bullet hole decal.

32. Marcurios

Marcurios

you child things by dragging them onto the parent.

33. Defcon44

Defcon44

Thanck you Marcurios this work !

I just need now a video for " how add a new weapon " ;)

34. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

Its pretty much the same as the attachment but with a weapon.

35. Marcurios

Marcurios

That's just not true, to add new weapons (different models) you need a 3d modelling program and learn to animate,
    cause the hands are going to be in the wrong position and the reload animation is going to be different in many cases.
    So only very similar weapon models can be replaced like this.

I use Maya and it takes me 4 to 6 hours to replace a gun, doing the retargeting of the animation by hand.

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi PolarBoy, the GrouseHunter game looks great. I found the gameplay to be fun and the hunting area looks natural and is relaxing to walk though. I particularly liked the interaction between the player and the bird dog, and think there is a lot of potential with the random placement of flocks and the dog tracking behavior. Your GUI graphics and log in system are also very nice. Well done!

We just did some tests with a variety of game object groupings and settings and the objects stayed aligned as the player reached the world recenter threshold at scene load and also when the player exceeded the threshold in-game. Do you have any more details about the world objects that you're seeing this issue with like component types, layer and tag assignments, or static flags? As we mentioned before, we thought it might've had something to do with LOD groups applied to the objects, but that doesn't seem to be the case in another scene we tested. Any more information you could provide about your setup would be greatly appreciated so we can try to replicate this. Thanks again for your patience, ShinfoK.

Hi Takahama, the Slope Limit value in the current version does appear to not be working. We just made an edit to FPSRigidBodyWalker.cs and it seems to have restored the Slope Limit functionality as well as keeping the "angle buffer" we added in a previous update that helps to prevent the player from getting stuck in geometry. This change will be included in the next version, but if you'd like to add it now, you can edit this code around line 841 of FPSRigidBodyWalker.cs from this:

Code (csharp):
    1. if(Vector3.Angle ( rayHit.normal, Vector3.up ) > 60.0f  !inWater){
    to this:

Code (csharp):
    1. if(Vector3.Angle ( rayHit.normal, Vector3.up ) > (slopeLimit + 20.0f)  !inWater){
    ...and the slopeLimit value can be used to better control the angles the player is allowed to climb. Values under 10 are not recommended, unless the angles of your scene geometry are very uniform (like very flat ground with steep cliffs around the border of the scene/level), otherwise the player might get stuck in convex areas. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Full body awareness is definitely something we would like to experiment with and implement, OneShotGG. We would need to modify some of the first person weapon positioning/swaying code and have access to the bones in the character model's arms/waist so they can be rotated by script, while still maintaining the hand and weapon animations of the character model. This would probably be implemented after the initial third person mode, maybe as an optional alternative to the traditional hands+arms+weapon FPS models that are currently used. Thanks for your feedback.

Those are good ideas eliteslayer, the pistol whip/knife attack and grenades are on the list. A video that covers the whole weapon setup process as well as a guided explanation of the WeaponBehavior.cs and PlayerWeapons.cs script components is something we plan to do as well.

Thanks Reiner, we've had a lot of requests for a multiplayer mode, and we would like to implement one. Items on our list such as a third person view and improved instantiation/localization of the player prefab are needed to create the foundation for multiplayer. Once that work is done, a networking system just needs to be integrated with the project.

Hi Marcurios, glad to hear you're enjoying the asset! The missing layer and tag names in the editor is due to the correct TagManager.asset file not getting imported into the project. We're still looking into a fix for this, which probably involves uploading the asset with newer versions of Unity and the Asset Store tools, sorry about that. We've provided an image in the documentation that shows how to name the layers and tags if our TagManager.asset file didn't get imported (also, you can have a look at the image attached to this message). Here is a link to the TagManager.asset file that should go in your ProjectSettings folder. Thanks for your patience.

Hi DarkJoney, you can try downloading this TagManager.asset file for the correct tag and layer names, putting it in your project's ProjectSettings folder, restarting Unity, and then setting the object you want to have bullet marks to layer 10, the World Collision layer, and giving the object a tag like Dirt, Metal, or Wood to determine the surface type.

Nice job locating the camera lerp code and creating a fix, BrightBit! We noticed this too during a world recenter update and our fix for the next version involved increasing the time that the camera is not lerped during the world recenter update to allow the objects more time to translate. We changed line 89 of CameraKick from this:

Code (csharp):
    1.  if(WorldRecenterComponent.worldRecenterTime + (0.1f * Time.timeScale) > Time.time){
    to this:

Code (csharp):
    1.  if(WorldRecenterComponent.worldRecenterTime + (0.3f / Time.timeScale) > Time.time){
    ...and the camera has a less noticeable jump during a world recenter. We also suggest using a larger threshold value, such as the default of 750, since spatial jitter effects start to become noticeable around 800-900 units from the origin on our setup. Hope that helps.

Great image KingofMk98! Thanks for taking the time to make this :)

Here is an image of what the tags and layers should be named for reference:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
  37. Marcurios

Marcurios

Thanks for the tag file, it works ok now !

38. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

well if your gun model doesnt align good with the original weapon model, then yeah, but i never had to go into a 3d modeling program to reanimate it. Once im done making my weapons and arm models, then yes, id have to reanimate them, but since im using placeholders, i can just replace the original weapon model, with the new one and it will work. You really dont need a 3d modeling program to replace weapons, unless you are changing the animation

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  39. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hello !

Can you tell me all the step for add a new weapon please ?

Thanck's

40. Onyxius

Onyxius

Thanks that is much easier. However, I can't get any type of water look at all its solid blue, or if i use water4 material its see through, even if i use the nighttime simple its nothing but bright pink. How can i get an actual water look to it like in the demo? Do i need to add water4 and bring it up just above the waterzone and make the water zone use a blank material?

Here is what i finally got it to look like, I re-imported the whole fps, changed the top water plane to use nighttime wimple and changed the shader to fx/water simple2. However this is now what I'm looking at. The water looks oily and doesn't look anything like the water (pond) in your demo.

What am i missing? :)

here is an image of what i'm seeing.

$sshot-289.jpg

After posting this, i think i just figured out why its like that, i stretched it out to be a big body of water around an island, but i cant change the tiling at all in the inspector. How can I change it for like an ocean?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  41. Takahama

Takahama

Thank you very much Azuline Studios!!

42. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

Can someone help me, Im trying to set this up with the Multionline Assets but its not working! Only have it half setup, Player can move around and see other players but only 1 player has both sets of weapons!

43. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hello every body :D

I have a new problem (I know )

Picture :

$Desktop 29-04-2014 19-24-18-251.jpg

I can't take a pickup of my new weapon ( SCAR )

My SCAR_Anim is ok and i don't have any problems.

Number on player weapon for scar is 12.

So i don't know :/

Any idea ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No i find !

This is tag and children :D

Thanck's any way ;)

44. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

Set the tag to Usable and the Layer to Ragdolls/PickUps

45. Defcon44

Defcon44

Yes, i have find just after posted ;)

But thanck's :)

46. Takahama

Takahama

(i cant edit my post. text window dont response)
    Thanks Azuline Studios but still my Slope limit not working. a bit slow but i still can climb every hill :l
    Thanks!

47. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hello guys !

I have one question about webplayer. I want to upload / host my unity webplayer of my games but with dropbox i can't.
    Because for public folder we need to buy pro version / account.

Were i can upload / host my unity web player please ?

Thank's

48. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

you dont need a "pro" account to get a public folder, i didnt and have one

49. Defcon44

Defcon44

Yes i know but that is before.

Now you need PRO version for new account.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

No is good i have find TUTO with google drive

LINK

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  50. Takahama

Takahama

Thank you very much Defcon44 ^^