Search Unity

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Andy Charlie

Andy Charlie

Check the tags and layers, they have to be the same of the buldings and other things in the RFPS prefab demo scene

2. Andy Charlie

Andy Charlie

in the RFPS demo scene you have already that prefab, is the "w" icon in the house

3. BioXide

BioXide

Hey I got a question, I'm trying to implement an inventory system that uses the guns and incorporates the food/thirst items as usable items instead of "press e to eat from the floor", I've been reading the PlayerWeapons to see where I could start writing the script, any pointers? I'm rather lost, here's what I want to do specifically:

- Incorporate Weapons with Food/Usable items in one Inventory Array with it's own GUI (For this I would need to make the Food/Thirst items as weapons and attach the food script to them, so when you equip an apple, you press "Fire" and you eat it)

Any help would be appreciated.

4. GLucasDev2

GLucasDev2

Using a waypoint system that uses icons that display on the main camera. Problem is, they only show when the camera is set to a depth of 1, or anything greater than the weapon camera.

To my understanding, the Main Cam has to a depth below the Weapon Cam, so how can i make the waypoint icons show on a camera with -1 depth and a wep cam of 0 depth?

5. Deatructo

Deatructo

I could be wrong i cant check for a few min but i just turn on the gizmos and i can see them fine in game

6. AdriaFace

AdriaFace

Please guys can u help me?

I Got this asset since it was released and i always wanted to make my player higher, how can i do this? when i try it, the character gets freezed.
    What is the correct option i have to use?

Thanks so much!

7. rob535

rob535

Hi Azuline, I found the problem with stafing diagonally, it's in FPSRigidBodyWalker.cs on line 889, //limit speed if strafing diagonally..

Could this be made Optional? Thank's...

8. poison77

poison77

Hello people. Can someone help, or can Azuline add mobile touch controls ?

Thanks

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Deatructo, I will send you a PM with an example on how to do this.

Edit: Do you have PMs disabled on your account Deatructo? Just tried sending you one and it didn't go through. You can send us an email if you like and we can send the example that way.

We don't have an ETA yet, reaperkan. But the next version will probably be a smaller update with some minor fixes and improved input handling, with more significant additions in later updates.

The quickest way to reach us would be by email, as we don't really use Skype. Hope that's not an inconvenience.

Nice job Devision4, are you not noticing bullet holes in only your own scene, or do they not appear in the demo scene as well? Also, are the impact particle effects playing and not leaving a bullet hole, or are there no impact effects at all? You might want to check that your level geometry collider objects are set to layer 10, the world collision layer.

For a zombie spawning trigger, there is an example object in the demo scene called ZombieNPCHouseTrigger under the Enemies group in the Hierarchy view that you can look at. The MonsterTrigger.cs script component will have an array called Npcs To Trigger which contain all the NPC objects that are spawned (activated/deactivated) by the trigger object.

Hi rob535, sure, we've added a var called diagonalStrafeAmt to FPSRigidBodyWalker.cs to allow customization of diagonal strafing speed. Thanks for pointing this out.

Hi BioXide, it sounds like you're on the right track. Once you have an inventory GUI set up, the main change to the item use behavior in the scripts would be to remove the player or weapon attribute update code from the PickUpItem() functions (IE the AmmoPickup.cs script adds to the ammo var of WeaponBehavior.cs, and HealthPickup.cs updates the hitPoints var of FPSPlayer.cs) and replace it with code that adds the item amount to your inventory array. Then, an item database could be used as a way to reference the items once in the player's inventory.

When clicking on icons in the inventory GUI, a function can be called for the item type in the inventory database that would then update player or weapon attributes and subtract that item amount from the inventory array. Sorry that we don't have a complete example on how to do this, but this is how we would approach adding a more complete inventory system. Hope that might give you some ideas.

Have you tried setting the waypoint icons to layer 14, the GUICamera layer, DevGuy? The weapon camera, which has a higher depth than the main camera, renders objects on this layer and the main camera ignores them. This is how the GUIText elements are rendered on screen. Does that help?

Hi AdriaFace, to increase the height of the player, you can change the Player Height Mod var of the FPSRigidBodyWalker.cs script from 0 to something like 0.5, and the height of the player will be increased by 0.5 units.

Mobile touch controls are on our list. They will probably added after some gameplay and AI improvements have been implemented. We are working on improving the input handling of our scripts so that only one script will need to be changed to use a variety of input methods instead of making the changes in multiple scripts. This will make adding both gamepad/Xbox 360 and mobile touch controls more straightforward. You might want to have a look at our blog post on this subject too. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  10. rob535

rob535

Thank's Azuline, you guy's are awesome! :D

11. gp4dev

gp4dev

This looks a great asset, I was wondering how precise the EdgeClimbTrigger EdgeClimbTriggerActivate functions can be, in theory would it be possible to construct climbing paths on walls similar to this...

$orkney pickaquoy centre alasdair johnstone on the very steep geodesic dome dreamwalls.jpg

..or is it currently limited (from what I can tell) to simple box triggers and platforms.

thanks

12. RoyS

RoyS

Is there a chance of an inventory and a save/load being added?

13. GLucasDev2

GLucasDev2

If anybody is interested in getting an inventory/crafting system for this kit please feel free to pm me via this forum.

14. shanenine

shanenine

Still having a great time with your asset and seam to be learning and having fun at the seam time. I was wondering if there is plans to add a kill counter? I tried following a few tutorials but with no luck. Also you said in a future update you would have some input additions would that mean 360 controller support also. I had mine working till I got to the triggers and ended up having to change things back for now. Thank you

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

No problem rob535, great suggestion!

Hi gp4dev, the current edge climbing triggers work in a way that colliders are used to define a volume that will be climbable for the player. The examples in the demo scene are box colliders, but any shape like a low poly mesh collider or rotated box colliders could be used. I just tested a number of box colliders rotated to create an overhead, climbable surface, and the player didn't have problems staying attached and climbing normally. Hope that answers your question.

DevGuy might be the one to talk to for an immediate implementation of this kind of system, RoyS. We plan on adding a system like this as part of a future update.

Good to hear you're enjoying the asset, shanenine! The place to add a kill counter would be in the CharacterDamage.cs script where you could add some code to increment a kill count var in the Die() function of that script. As far as improved input management, we are currently working on this. Our goal right now is to have a script that can monitor multiple input sources at once, such as keyboard, mouse, touch controls, and Xbox360 game pads, and pass that information to the rest of the scripts.

The reason the triggers for the Xbox 360 game pad aren't as simple to set up in the current version, is that our input method uses KeyCodes to define input bindings, where the triggers and dpad on an Xbox 360 controller are read as axes. This requires some additional code that we'll be adding soon. If you have any more questions about this, please let us know.

16. NewIceDE

NewIceDE

Hello,

i really like the asset!
    But i have one question:)

How can I use it for multiplayer?
    Because in my multiplayer script i must attatch the Main Camera of the Player, but the Player is a prefab and i can´t only select the main camera only the !!!FPSCamera and so i can´t move when two players are on a server only when one is on a server:/ how can i fix that? (I use MultiOnline)

Can somebody help me?

17. HollowRockAdam

HollowRockAdam

***SOLVED ABOUT 5 SECONDS AFTER I POSTED THIS***

I have a bit of a problem with any 3D asset I add into the game world. When looking down - any object that I have added into the game world appears to float off the ground.

And vice versa - when I look up any game object I placed into the world seems to fall through the ground.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? I looked through the thread and didn't see anyone experiencing the same issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Great asset by the way =)

EDIT SOLVED: I forgot to set the layer on each object to 'Floor' - which is key using this plugin. Works likea charm now!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  18. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi NewIceDE, thanks! We responded to your email and hopefully answered some of your questions.

Glad to hear you solved the issue HollowRockAdam. It's a good idea to keep in mind the layers and tags of your objects while using the asset, as they determine which objects are affected by scripts and the surface types for impact effects.

19. Litwin

Litwin

Good Morning Azuline Studios.

Will have new update? If so, what is the changelog? :)
    Thanks.

20. shanenine

shanenine

Thanks for the reply and info I look forward to using the triggers on my controller. I tried for days to get it worked out my self with no luck. I've moved on to item interaction like opening doors and clicking on 3d text to load next level. I can get the items to show the hand texture but I can't get the push of my button to activate the script attached to object. I looked at re-writing one of the pick up scripts to work as I needed but got confused on what portion of script is creating action...Any ideals? Thank you

21. CactiiPie

CactiiPie

Hey DevGuy, I sent you a PM about the inventory system

22. GLucasDev2

GLucasDev2

Ok

23. Trojans

Trojans

As this is a great game as it is, I think there should be more items added. Such as ; Inventory system, storage bins, new guns (M4, M9, Grenade, Claymore,), Attactment system, Leaning, In-Game menu, flashlight, and a melee system. I know that a lot of these are already being made as I type, but this is basically all that would be pretty cool to have featured in the game, keep up the great work Azuline!

24. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Litwin, the next update will introduce a new input method and address a few minor issues. Progress has been slower than past updates due to a busy holiday season and some research we've been doing, sorry about that. For the improved input method, we're looking at creating an input monitoring script which will allow for key/button/axis remapping using Unity's Input Manager and Display Resolution Dialog, instead of mapping KeyCodes as variables of the FPSPlayer.cs script. The new input method should also be easier to modify for use with other inputs like mobile touch controls or game pads as needed. We also want to provide an option that still uses KeyCodes or something similar, as it could be the foundation for a system where it is easier to let the player remap controls in-game.

Sure shanenine, to make an interactive object, you'll want to check that the object is set to layer 9, the "Ragdolls/Pickups" layer, and that they have the "Usable" tag applied to them. Then for your pickup script, you'll want to make sure that there is a function called either ActivateObject() or PickUpItem() which is called by the FPSPlayer.cs script when the player presses the pickup key over them. Hope that helps.

Thanks Trojans, we agree that these would be great additions and everything you mentioned but storage bins is on our list. Once the more item-driven inventory is implemented, storage bins/crates/chests would be fairly straightforward for us to add too. Thanks for the suggestions and glad you're enjoying the project!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  25. sluice

sluice

Quick question:

Is there different damage for different body parts? (EX: Headshot deals more damage than arm shot)

If no, how hard would it be to add?

26. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

you would have to make hitboxes.

27. Andy Charlie

Andy Charlie

hello azuline studios, i have a question, where or in which scrip i should edit the code to instead of use the shooting system of the RFPSP instantiate projectiles that have velocity and gravity, like real bullets physics?

28. subzer0

subzer0

I have a noob question: :)

If I want to replace the robot enemy with a soldier (the one from Bootcamp project), can I attach the same components of the robot to the soldier ?

will this work ?

29. Andy Charlie

Andy Charlie

Yes, that's the way that RFPS prefab works, just don't forget to apply the tags and layers to the soldier model.
    Also check the name of the animations, and the animations.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  30. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi sluice, in the current version there is no location damage, but it's on the list for a future update. To add full location-based damage, KingofMk98 is right that colliders/hit boxes could be added to parts of the character model and the CharacterDamage.cs script could apply damage based on the body part hit. The current script functions in a way similar to this when the NPC switches to a ragdoll on death. The object in the model hierarchy named "Chest" has velocity applied to it for explosions and splash effects are played if it contacts water.

The simplest and fastest way to update the hit detection method for when the NPC is active, would be to divide the current, single capsule collider, so that raycast or projectile hits on the top fourth of the collider's bounds would apply the head damage amount, have the middle half count for torso damage, and the lower fourth count as leg damage. A more accurate locational damage method would involve having the weapon raycast ignore the large capsule collider surrounding the NPC model, and only register hits on colliders attached to the separate body parts like the ragdoll models.

The main difference between the ragdoll and active model objects, is that an active NPC model doesn't need Character Joints or Rigidbody components because they are just cycling through animations (unless you want to use a dynamic or physics-based animation system). We might also end up using the rigged ragdoll models while the NPC is alive, and then just activating the Character Joint and Rigidbody components on the model when the NPC dies. We still need to test this, but it's probably more efficient than instantiating a new NPC mesh object for the ragdoll.

Hi Andy Charlie, someone recently asked this question in an email and here's our advice: To replace the default raycast firing method used in our project, you can look around line 918 of the WeaponBehavior.cs script in the FireOneShot() function. This code:

Code (csharp):
    1.                     //check for ranged weapon hit
    2.                     if(Physics.Raycast(mainCamTransform.position, direction, out hit, range, bulletMask)){
    3.                         HitObject(hit, direction);
    4.                     }
    ...can be replaced with an instantiate statement for a bullet object with forward velocity. Some additional changes might be needed to have the HitObject(hit, direction) function of WeaponBehavior.cs (which plays projectile impact effects) and the ApplyDamage(damage) function (which subtracts hit points from hit objects) be called on the object that the bullet prefab collides with.

You also might want to look into creating an object pool for the bullet prefab objects, since it's likely to be more efficient than instantiating them. Here is a page that discusses the benefits of object pooling vs object instantiating. Hope that helps.

No problem subzer0, when adding new NPC models, you'll want to keep track of the tags, layers, and animations of the model (and the objects in its hierarchy) as Andy Charlie said. Another user actually had a similar question recently and we went ahead and set up a Unity boot camp solder NPC for use with our asset. Feel free to send us a PM if you would like this .unitypackage file to import into your project.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  31. subzer0

subzer0

When there are more than one NPC beside each other, and I shoot at one of them, the others are not moving and shooting at me.

Aren't they supposed to start shooting me since I shot one who is near them?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  32. Deleted User

Deleted User

The current AI used by the NPCs is admittedly a bit basic. This is a good suggestion and would require a damaged enemy to send a notification to nearby enemies to expand their search radius, like they do if they are attacked from outside their default search radius to defend against sniping. We have several AI improvements planned and this will be one of them. Thanks for the feedback!

33. Prophet54

Prophet54

Messaged and interested.

34. GLucasDev2

GLucasDev2

Inventory with shop now available for purchase, pm for more info.

35. Prophet54

Prophet54

Do I get an update?

36. TheDevGuy

TheDevGuy

Well, for some reason somebody reported "DevGuy" for selling owned assets...

I find this endearing and inconvenient as i have coded and crafted this custom system myself. So if anyone would like to purchase this asset from me, i will be submitting it to the asset store for purchase there.

In the meantime, you can contact me via skype at: MammothInt Developer Kyle

*And for whomever reported me, you must be highly depressed to not even inquire about my product first before taking such action.

37. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sorry to hear that, TheDevGuy. Please feel free to send us an email if you have any questions.

38. Steel-3D

Steel-3D

I just bought it, it's really good but there are some things missing. For example bullet holes in both parts of wall, and a smart crosshair. I tried putting my own crosshair script but it's always there when aiming down sights and running, etc. As I didn't write the scripts it's quite hard to me to modify it, so would like a bit of help.

39. nertworks

nertworks

First of all. I absolutely love this FPS kit. Great Job Guys!!!! I have a question about shooting enemies when they are under water. I can shoot them when I'm under water and they are under water and I can shoot them when they are above water. But I cannot shoo them when I'm above water and they are below. I'm sure I'm missing something simple. But can you point me in the right direction. Maybe i have the water on the wrong layer.

40. nertworks

nertworks

Looks like I figured out how to make it pass through the water. But I lose the awesome ripple affect when the bullet hits the water. Any advice?

41. Prophet54

Prophet54

hmm I think I would re-instantiate the bullet prefab at the point that it hit then the ripple would still happen and the bullet would continue on its path.

42. nertworks

nertworks

Sounds like a plan. How would I do this?
    Possibly an if statement that said if collider == "Water Stuff" reinstantiate bullet at same speed.
    Any help would be awesome. I went back to the way it was before. I had unchecked Raycasts Hit Trigger under the Physics Options. that made it so I could kill the fish from land but i lost that beautiful ripple. Oh how i love it so.

43. snowcult

snowcult

How easy would it be to use Brackeys Inventory System in conjunction with this? Especially for someone with less than basic coding knowledge?

44. poison77

poison77

I just want to thank Azuline Studios for this GREAT package! I have already made a game, pc and android version.
    Preparing second game now! Awesome work Azuline Studios!!!
    When can we expect new update ?

Thanks

45. snowcult

snowcult

Any idea why my LOD would be showing my LOD1s while right next to it rather than my LOD0? I set it for a percentage distance, but that was while using UFPS.

46. Asaris666

Asaris666

I tried to add a new gun but then this happened! And the run animation is not working too!

transform.localEulerAngles assign attempt for 'MyNewWeapon' is not valid. Input localEulerAngles is { NaN, -0.000000, NaN }.
    UnityEngine.Transform:set_localEulerAngles(Vector3)
    WeaponBehavior:Update() (at Assets/!Realistic FPS Prefab Files/Scripts/Weapons/WeaponBehavior.cs:702)

47. snowcult

snowcult

Ok so it's not an LOD problem, it's literally just not rendering my buildings for some reason? WTF?! They load completely fine with any other camera.

48. yummybrainz

yummybrainz

Where is the bullet prefab located? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks

49. snowcult

snowcult

So is there no way to just duplicate an already existing gun model and replace it? I have a Machete, I just want to replace the Katana with the Machete, and keep the animations from the Katana... the video seems to just assume you already have animations on the model, and the manual's method doesn't work and causing unity to crash if I do it that way.

50. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks Steel 3D, when you mention that bullet holes for both parts of a wall are missing, do you mean holes where a bullet would enter and exit the wall? As for crosshair visibility, most of the code is in FPSPlayer.cs around line 452. For the crosshair that you added, was it part of another asset that you were trying to use with the Realistic FPS Prefab? The crosshairVisibleState var of FPSPlayer.cs is used to enable and disable the crosshair GUITexture, so you could use this var to control the activation and deactivation of the custom crosshair if you wanted. Hope that helps.

Hi nertworks, good to hear you're enjoying the project! prouty has the right idea with instantiating a new bullet at the impact point with the water. Our prefab actually uses ray casts for bullet paths, so there are no bullet prefabs that are instantiated, just a ray cast check for objects in the bullet path. This is done for speed and simplicity, but we plan to add an option for instantiated projectiles with their own velocities and graphics in a future version.

A fix for the bullets not passing through water with the ray cast weapons in the current version might involve using physics.RaycastAll, which returns multiple RaycastHits, instead of Physics.Raycast, which returns only one RaycastHit that occurs at the water's surface with the current scripts. We will look into a fix involving Physics.RaycastAll, as this would be the start of a bullet penetration model for the weapons. Some additional code would be needed because not all surfaces can be shot through, so the Physics.RaycastAll array would need to be iterated through and the hit objects checked for distance from the weapon (hit order) and surface/penetration type (water or glass can be shot through, stone or metal can not). These are just some ideas, but hopefully they might help you in the meantime.

Sorry about that Asaris666, this is a known issue that will be fixed in the next version. To fix it now you can change line 698 of WeaponBehavior.cs from this:

Code (csharp):
    1.             //smooth gun angle animation amounts
    2.             if(Time.deltaTime > 0.0f  !unarmed){
    to this:

Code (csharp):
    1.             //smooth gun angle animation amounts
    2.             if(Time.smoothDeltaTime > 0.0f  !unarmed){  
    Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Hi ShinfoK, I haven't looked at Brackey's Inventory System yet, so I don't have a definite answer on how easy it would be to implement with limited scripting knowledge. But the project looks great! Set up would probably involve linking the inventory item list/database with the pickup items in our project, and setting up the inventory GUI to render using layer 14, the GUICamera layer, which is rendered by the weapon camera that has a higher depth than the main camera. Our item pickup scripts would also need to be modified so that they they don't immediately update the player's attributes when used, and instead, add that item to the player's inventory.

Did you find a solution for the mesh objects not displaying? We had a report of this issue previously and we suggested to deactivate the WorldRecenter.cs script attached to the FPS Player object, which affects the transforms of objects other than the player prefab. It also might be due to the camera position being lerped/smoothed and the LOD system not knowing exactly where it is. We just tested this again using Unity version 4.3 with meshes that had the disappearing issue, but they displayed as they did in edit mode, where in previous versions they disappeared like you described. Maybe this was fixed in the new version of Unity, but we will continue to look for any more issues.

If you want to replace the katana with a machete, you can click on the katana mesh in the 3d Scene view, and then drag your machete mesh over the katana object in the Hierarchy window, so it becomes a child of the original katana mesh object and inherits its animations. Then you can position the machete mesh in the player's hands. The original katana mesh object can then be hidden, and the machete mesh object should be set to layer 8, the Gun layer, so it will be positioned properly. Hope that helps.

Thank you poison77, congrats on your project! A new update is underway, here is a list of some of the fixes and additions so far:

• Changed deltaTime check in WeaponBehavior.cs to prevent null reference error if starting scene with a weapon selected using the firstWeapon var of PlayerWeapons.cs.
    • Added showNegativeHP var to HealthText.cs to allow option for preventing display of negative HP.
    • DamageZone.cs script can now be added to a trigger to damage the player over time when they enter the trigger area.
    • Prevented the optional sound effect for catching breath after sprinting from playing multiple times instead of only once.
    • Added limitStrafeSpeed var to FPSRigidBodyWalker.cs to allow fine-tuning of diagonal strafe speed.
    • The burstFire and burstAndAuto vars of WeaponBehavior.cs can now allow guns to use a 3 round burst fire mode. If burstAndAuto and fireModeSelectable is true, all three fire modes will be cycled for that weapon (like an MP5). If semiAuto, fireModeSelectable, and burstFire are true, weapon will cycle between burst and semi auto modes (like the M16A2). If only semiAuto and fireModeSelectable is checked, weapon will cycle between semiAuto and Auto (like an AK47).
    • burstShots var of WeaponBehavior.cs can be used to set the number of shots per burst.
    • Added walkAnimSpeed and runAnimSpeed to AI.cs to control playback speed of NPC movement animations.
    • Created a new NPC using the Unity bootcamp soldier model.
    • shotDuration var of AI.cs can now be used to control the delay between NPC attacks, with some randomness (delayShootTime is used to control time that shot/melee attack is fired after NPC starts attack or raises weapon).
    • shootAnimSpeed var of AI.cs now sets the playback speed of the firing animation. A value of 0.5 means animation plays half as fast. This is mostly to allow NPCs to raise their weapons for a longer time when using burst fire weapons like the soldier NPC.
    • Added fadeTexture var to PainFade.cs to allow textures to be displayed on screen for player damage feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014