Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. DAMANStudios

DAMANStudios

Make sure your Input is correctly set up in both your input manager and your "InputControl.cs" script :
    upload_2023-11-15_16-29-2.png
    upload_2023-11-15_16-29-29.png

OZAV likes this.
  2. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

Which one?

Attached Files:

3. DAMANStudios

DAMANStudios

You can use "Fire1". Make sure that in your "InputControl" script the line "firePress = Input.GetButtonDown("Fire1");" is correctly setup. Replace what you got by "Fire1" as I wrote it. (You can find it in the void update)

OZAV likes this.
  4. OZAV

OZAV

ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW SEASON TO ALL RFPS (ASSET AND MOVEMENT) VETERANS, MEMBERS, AND NEWBIES. KEEP DEVELOPING AND NEVER FORGET TO SHARE ! RDA-MERRY CHRISTMAS 2023 !.JPG

5. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

6. petercoleman

petercoleman

I am sharing Lunar Christmas :)

LunarChristmas.PNG

Best Wishes Everyone.

Peter

OZAV likes this.
  7. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

8. petercoleman

petercoleman

HEARTS OF COLD - REDEMPTION. UPDATE

It's been a while since I posted an Update so I thought I should at least state that Yes the Game is still a Go in case you thought it was dead :)

I have continued to Update a number of things in the full game that I felt an improvement was necessary and of course also Played again both the Demo and the Full Version throughout to check the game play and functionality. As an indie game there are some what I would call minor Glitches that can be found but I am able to play the Full Game without finding any show stopping errors at least on my Machine/System :)

I had two people at Steam say they had some issues playing the Demo. e.g. Can't find the way out of a level. Doing so is easy and Game Players in this game have to put in at least a little effort when playing ;-)

After the release of the Demo on Steam, the next thing I had planned was to submit the Game to the Steam Next Fest which takes place in February. Not sure If that will go ahead yet or not or I will delay that until the one after which is Scheduled for June I believe. However I have a date set for a Full Release before that if that goes ahead.....

I will post another Update nearer any important announcements to keep interested people informed.

bandicam 2023-11-21 10-57-50-083.jpg

I almost forgot a screenshot. Missile Base Entry Point 1 of 2. You Make your choice and Pay the Price :)

Kindest regards

Peter

Franciscotx56 and TonyLi like this.
  9. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

10. hariomjangra777

hariomjangra777

any idea how can i implement a weapon customization system like crysis ,

11. hariomjangra777

hariomjangra777

thanks a lot man ,it really helped

12. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi hariomjangra777,

Glad to see it helped someone. RFPS is not really easy to add new weapons to and configure them especially if they don't fit in with the inbuilt coded weapon system and or perhaps differ in the default weapon types as it has no "Helper Tools" as it were to create new weapons or types of weapon as other Assets might have. Then if you want to change the Player too and attach the weapons to the new player, that's not particularly easy to do either in both FP and TP and so on. If you want to add different projectiles, muzzle Flash, Particle trails and so on it can be a a lot of work and a pain all told.

e.g. I added dual pistols - again which is a pain in the backside to do and I still don't have them working as I want but they work after a fashion as it were :) They shoot and kill enemies so that's the main thing :)

DualPistols.jpg

Regards

Peter

Franciscotx56 likes this.
  13. petercoleman

petercoleman

Happy New Year to you all. Have a good one.

Kindest regards

Petetr

14. teanteagame

teanteagame

Has anyone here encountered the bow bug? For some reason, when I shoot the bow, the arrow always flies from the object pool position, not my bow. I just imported the asset, and haven't made any changes to the code and project settings.

15. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi Everyone,

Just to say this project is still alive by the way :)

I have been updating the Game with a few minor fixes that I felt were important to make to improve the game play. As is usual I then needed to re-publish and play through to check all is still functional throughout so have to play from beginning to end. Then back up all again and so on. Done this many times of course....

I have a few more screen shots I have grabbed of late while playing through the game so below are a few of them....

IndustrialHQ.jpg

IndustrialMainRoad.jpg

IndustrialTroopers.jpg

Whats Coming Next ?

The Demo of the Game at Steam is due to be part of the Steam Next Fest Event. 5 Feb - 12 Feb. 2024. I wont be Live Streaming Game Play for the event but I do have a new Video of the complete 4 Level Demo Game Play Pre-Recorded and will make that available shortly.

Following the end of The Steam Next Fest Event I will then hopefully be able to Upload and successfully set up the Full 27 Level Game for approval by Steam with the Release to follow shortly after doing so. I will then finally announce the Current Full Game Release Date which is due in March if all goes well.

What Then ?
    Well I have taken some time to work on some preparitory Level work mostly game dynamics for Episode 2 of the Game which may or may not be continued with as the case may be going forward. I also have some other projects partially complete. Main issue with continuing on with all of these is time/costs as they really require investment in both. Currently most of my Hardware is not up to the job any longer :) It's old and under powered, like me!

Anyway I hope you all have a good 2024.

Peter

Franciscotx56, TonyLi and JamesArndt like this.
  16. petercoleman

petercoleman

Franciscotx56 and TonyLi like this.
  17. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi All,

Completed Full Version of the Game has now been uploaded to Steam and I have test played the complete 27 levels from start to finish through the Steam Client. The game plays well and I found no show stoppers which would prevent other game Players doing the same.

I have therefore today submitted the Full Game to Steam for Release Preview.

Hopefully I will receive a reply next week and if need be will update with any changes Steam may require so I can get a Green light for release in March if possible.

I will confirm the exact Release date as soon as possible....

In the mean time I am spending some time working away quietly on the Second Episode of the Game that may or may not follow later depending on circumstance.....

I don't really have any new screenshots relating to Episode 1. Instead I will try and find something from Episode 2 to show as I go....

TheHangar.jpg

Kindest Regards

Peter

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  18. TonyLi

TonyLi

Congratulations, and good luck on the Steam submission!

JamesArndt likes this.
  19. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi TonyLi,

Thank you.

I clocked 18.2 hours playing the Game through Steam. It's a welcome break from actually making a game and I always enjoy playing it. Probably because I made it. It releives some stress at least :)

Kindest regards

Peter

JamesArndt likes this.
  20. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

If you haven't yet, I encourage every one here to go check out the Hearts of Cold Demo - I played it on the weekend and I'm quite impressed at what @petercoleman has managed to pull off. Definitely has a imSim feel, the environments look great and it's just a nice package overall.

It's got me inspired and loading up an old RFPS project to try and make some progress on my ideas.

21. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

Oh and if anyone's got the URL for @TonyLi's Dialogue System Support package for RFPS that would be great.

I messaged Tony through his website but it gave me an error some i'm not 100% sure it went through properly upload_2024-2-20_12-27-11.png

22. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi! It's still included in the Dialogue System's Third Party Support folder:

Plugins / Pixel Crushers / Dialogue System / Third Party Support / Realistic FPS Prefab Support.unitypackage

(I'll fix that message on the support form confirmation page. Your form went through.)

23. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

No idea how I missed it before thanks for the quick response

24. TonyLi

TonyLi

25. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi closetgeekshow,

Thank you for Playing the Demo of Hearts of Cold and your encouragement which is much appreciated. I do hope too that the Game may spark other indie devs here, to continue with developing their own Games. I know it is hard going completing any kind of game and a lot of commitment and hard work is generally required.

The full game will hopefully be released shortly and in the meantime I welcome any feedback and comment.

I am currently working away slowly on things in Episode 2 of Hearts of Cold. There are a lot of Game Play Dynamics, systems and new Level environments to create. Been working on all kinds of SciFi stuff of course. Updating the advanced characters of TSAI as I need to improve their behaviors and have today been creating a New Main Player Character and started adding the Player Weapons which for Third Person is a pain in the backside and I have spent a lot of hours on that. The main issue was that the New Player Character has a different Skeleton and Body Part structure to the previous one. I seem to have fixed the problem in the main with just a small number of weapons to start with and it seems to be working OK now. I may at some time use some completely new Weapons so don't need do any more with that just now. Moving on.

Anything new I do may also find its way back into the Current Game if and when I update it :)

Thanks everyone for your support over the years.

Kindest regards

Peter

Franciscotx56 likes this.
  26. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hello Everyone,

HEARTS OF COLD - REDEMPTION. STEAM GREEN LIGHT

Hearts Of Cold has been given the Green Light at Steam and is ready for release.

ReleaseDate.jpg

I have around one month where I will need to spend some time on marketing the Game to give the game a fair chance of generating some further interest in the game before release, as well as continuing with some more Game Dev :)

I trust you are all well and busy.

Kindest Regards

Peter

Attached Files:

closetgeekshow likes this.
  27. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

25 Mar 2024

28. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hello everyone,

I am about to look at updating Hearts Of Cold and see if I can fix a few issues/comments that have come back to me from people who have Played the Game Demo and provided feedback. All of them I personally have no problem. with and don't affect my own game play.

Ideally I should await more feedback before I start "Fighting" with Unity again as it's a Pain to do anything with for me and constantly going through the whole game and fixing single mini issues then publishing and play testing 27 levels is a nightmare especially when something does not work or has not fixed something as its then try again endlessly. Each iteration of that could take a week or weeks :) However as I don't really have any other important projects to get on with at this time I thought I may as well see what can be done albeit under duress :)

I have one thing in particular which is a long standing issue if you can call it that, which I do not personally find a major issue and that if anyone knows any solution for I would be grateful for any advice or help about......

and that is the known issue of the OS/Windows Mouse Pointer ability to go out of bounds to the left and bottom of Screen. This of course is apparent in Any Windows App as far as I can tell, that I have at least, and not just games.

In my game personally I have not found it to be an issue as there are in game elements and events/actions which should prevent the mouse pointer being available at all when its not needed. However I have had someone who has played the Demo say that it can get out of Screen bounds frequently (they use dual monitors too as do I) during game play and obviously that could cause a problem (interruption) while playing and that it is a pain in the butt for them.

I have many times of course looked for a solution online for this but never found one. At least not one that sounds like it won't take the game out altogether. e.g. something that is a guaranteed solution that I can understand :)

As said I don't find it an issue playing through the whole 27 level game but others may well do so.

If anyone knows how to stop the Pointer going out of bounds (when available/active) then that would be helpful.

No worries though. Just good to know so I could perhaps overcome that in a "correct" manner. (rather than my own fix).

And just because I can - a screen shot.

cOSpLAYER.jpg

Kind regards

Peter