Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. petercoleman

petercoleman

HEARTS OF COLD

Quick Update. Published a new version of Game. Not been well and had a spell in hospital. Back at my station now but have to slow down a bit...Working on some support documentation for a release...

Lunar Space Port
    MoonSpacePort.jpg

My Settings
    Settings.jpg

Regards

Peter

OZAV and rawewin7 like this.
  2. rawewin7

rawewin7

Heh)... Is it build under RFPS prefab?

3. rawewin7

rawewin7

How do I make the enemies tear apart?
    Can I do that in this RFPSP? :confused:

4. petercoleman

petercoleman

hI awewin7,

Yes.

Peter

rawewin7 likes this.
  5. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi rawewin7,

On Death I guess you could use Ragdoll Replacements for the enemies which have separated Body Parts. Of cousre that would mean you would need original enemy characters with separate body parts to start off with....

Nots sure how else you could do that.

Peter

6. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Assuming he has RFPS... It has been deprecated so long now, anyone new is probably thinking this asset still exists.

7. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi SickaGamer,

True and likely a very long wait for any change there :)

Now lets see what else I have ah yes....

I am using an in Game Menu too which you will no doubt recognise even though I have some features disabled and added some new stuff. Disabled features here may be reinstated another time down the road or possibly replaced with others or not as the case may be.....

Screen Shot :

InGameMenu.jpg

Regards

Peter

OZAV likes this.
  8. rawewin7

rawewin7

Hi Peter!
    I don't have a problem with broken bots. I make them easily on my own. But one thing confuses me. A static figure has a certain pose, while the bot moves!
    How to solve the problem of pose matching in such a case?

9. OZAV

OZAV

Just search from few current "Dismembering" packages on the asset store that will make the best sense to you, to work with it. First - make the ragdolls for any RFPS characters that you want to be dismembering on death. And than, in the health scripts for the health on RFPS characters - set the bool ticks to use the ragdoll death method. So, only your ragdoll replacement characters you made for each RFPS character should use dismembering scripts and each should be set to dismember on Awake function, soon as they are instantiated. And such dismembering packages are all easy to integrate with RFPS, much easier than with many other FPS controller systems. On a community note, also: we, (the first RFPS community members) don't refer to RFPS as RFPS-P, G, D, K, F, or what not, so please don't do that again around the RFPS thread here, and happy coding :).

rawewin7 likes this.
  10. OZAV

OZAV

The RFPS asset, the RFPS thread, and healthy community here, of RFPS developers exist and will keep existing. Any deprecated assets (in their last version) are also always available at the Asset Store for those who purchased them at any given time. Such posts or concerns will not impact our community and our game productions in any way, for any future, as the asset has also grown, (as you would hope with any other asset) into highly successful and productive community, as we at the RFPS thread and academy here are: today. And, that is not going to change, no matter what 'concerning' posts or comments are posted around :). RDA-NewAircraftMission.jpg

rawewin7 likes this.
  11. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi All,

HEARTS OF COLD - Update

A quick update to let everyone know that I am still working on a release. Currently still updating things I find to do throughout that are either critical which are still popping up as of today due to my own stupidity when working in the Editor and I often miss out on reactivating stuff that I deactivate when developing :) or just minor stuff again I have noted previously but not updated when editing levels again useually due to something like being disturbed or interupted by something and forgetting things I intended to do but have not :)

I am about half way through testing all levels again and have a small list thus far of things to fix once again...Then I am afraid I have to publish and yes test again. Thats getting to be a bit of a bind but thats life I guess. Overall the game has improved quite a bit and is looking and playing well. Some Advanced TSAI ccharacter enemies that behave too erratically for my liking I have removed and replaced with other Enemies so the game plays better without TSAI misbehaviouirs :)

Thats all for now folks except the inevitable screen shot.

DarkNightAction3.jpg

Kind regards

Peter

OZAV, SickaGames1 and TonyLi like this.
  12. OZAV

OZAV

... but, it depends on how well do we improve them, and - at the same time, that's what we all like about them ... you don't want the bots ever too intelligent, it kills the fun out of the game. (Added: a dev scene snap, from our new Henderson Village map, that will see some massive zombification, and run-and-gun would not be good enough, so only way out - will be - by the air, if you can get (alive) to the plane). :).
    RDA-TSAI-Army-04-05-am-DevLogs.png

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
  13. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Can anyone tell me what to look for ?
    Why the wrong position to throw a grenade ?

14. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi OZAV,

"you don't want the bots ever too intelligent, it kills the fun out of the game"

I agree...A few characters that provide a laugh and some additional fun now and then are welcome. There are more than enough where serious attention to their intention to kill the Player are concerned :)

In the next day or so I will have another version of the Game published and hopefully no more holds ups on the way to preparing a final one for release.

Peter

OZAV likes this.
  15. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

And can you advise what to look for? What to change? Or how to fix the Transformation?
    I had nothing to do not change.
    What I noticed is that in Object Pooling Manager where there is a transformation, according to the registry it spawns and when I put the time slowdown it spawns on the player and not outside the transformation that's weird.

16. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Check this

OZAV likes this.
  17. OZAV

OZAV

Not, 'transformation', the (sub-object) transforms - the 'child' objects, on the player main object. In your case: after you check that grenade throw animation is imported properly and has no issues, you need to search for the 'Shot Origin' transforms, on all 3 grenade weapon types that player has. and anything else on player you will get under the 'grenad' or 'grenade' search. Some of them might be dislocated, away form player's main camera too much, so it can't see the grenade being thrown realistic angle's and what-not. So try that, and here is the tip where do you find and manage them, on the main player object, and how to search for all of them to check their positions, to be on the best place (in relation to player's main camera): Shot Origin objects, On3GrenadeWeap's.png

Shadow-X6 likes this.
  18. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Look at it
    Shot Origin is placed in a box and has a place to be, I tried again and same result and Layer has Gun and I tried on IgnoreRayCast but that doesn't help either. I don't know what to do next.

19. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hello Everyone,

HEARTS OF COLD UPDATE

Just finished publishing and backing up the latest version of the published game which is V1RC4.

I had been through all the levels and Updated and or fixed anything I had noted as requiring attention and hopefully have not left behind and overlooked any "mistakes" I may have made along the way which seem to keep being the case :)

Editing can be frought with dangers due to so much being rather complicated....

Anyway I will now need to test the latest published game fully I guess as that's the only way to confirm all is as it should be and there's a lot of it :) I wont be rushing that process as I have been pushing myself too hard and need to slow down a bit so the "Doctors" tell me. (Fine chance of that me thinks). I am sure I will be back again shortly with feedback on this latest published version.

If all is well and there are no glaring issues then this one will become a release candidate proper. Otherwise it's back to the editor :) If there are any errors its likely to be just something I have missed at this stage so should not be too much effort to fix.

Of course there's lots of stuff I could do to make the game bigger or better, to remove unused (deactivated) content, optimize further and so on but I will ignore any of that if the release is stable and "works" from start to finish without anything preventing the game functioning or the Player having too much of a hard time :)

I will also continue to produce any supporting documentation for the Game. e.g. User Manual which is under way too.

Lastly for now the obligatory screen shot(s).

HeightsHotel.jpg

SargesDomain.jpg

Kind Regards

Peter

OZAV likes this.
  20. hariomjangra777

hariomjangra777

i know how to add a normal weapon but how do i add a grenade launcherr? please help

21. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi hariomjangra777,

I added a Grenade Launcher to my Player Weapons. What I did was basically the same as adding any other "Rifle" type ranged weapon. Of course its settings need to be adjusted so it fires just one ("Bullet") Rocket at a time and set any other parameters appropriately e.g. fire rate, range and so on....

That's the easy Part. Now for hard part : I have a variety of other weapon systems in my game e.g. Turrets, Missiles and so on which is what perhaps you need. What you need is a "Projectile to use as your Rocket" and you may be able to find something you could use at the asset store. I use a Homing Missile (Script) from one of my other assets which I attach to a Rocket ("Bullet") which is instantiated when the Rocket Launcher Fires (shoots). My Rocket therefore is a homing one which follows (Tracks) the Target Enemy aimed at. Yes.

That's about it really. Its quite tricky in parts to get to work well for a variety of reasons but few things are easy :)

Not sure if that helps at all but its all I can suggest.

22. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi Everyone,

HEARTS OF COLD UPDATE

Just finished publishing and backing up the latest version of the published game which is Now at Release Candidate7.

They have been coming thick and fast now as there has not so much to concentrate on.....

I have continued with what are minor updates, tweaks and fixes..along the way as always made some small additions including MORE enemies as is always the case....I think there are enough of those now. I do hope that as well as a good story and quite periods of calm and contemplation where one can just enjoy the atmosphere and environment any game players out there do like a Battle now and then where all hell breaks loose :)

Anyway I think I am Done!

I have not played through the latest Publish as yet and do not know even if I will....though knowing me I will do so to check for anything that prevents the Player from playing the whole game from start to finish. I have covered all aspects as far as I am aware that help prevent that. e.g. if you get stuck when driving a terrestrial vehicle then try and avoid driving over any particularly silly things like large sharp rocks and alike that the vehicle could get stuck on top of :) If a Player does get stuck then simply get out and walk - exercise is good for you! If for any reason a level change does not function then a user can load any level individually from the main menu. If a Player gets stuck themselves on any internal object polygons (e.g. fall down a place they cant get out of) then if they have saved the game frequently as they should they can reload the saved game and continue on. Yes. Those are some of the main things I can think of covered that could happen in any game.

Whats Next :

September Prepare a Release V1 : Release Date : TBC (as soon as possible) Where : Unknown (under consideration/everywhere).

And the screen shot : Urban Apocalypse

UrbanApocalypse3.jpg

Kindest Regards

Peter

OZAV likes this.
  23. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

I used the original prefab without any modifications and the grenades still hold, so it's probably on the right track :)

OZAV likes this.
  24. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Oh Amazing :eek:
    How do you make Rocket Launcher Weapon with Projectile ? Can you send me video tutorial for this and Grenade Launcher for this ?
    Thanks i need this

25. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Okay.
    Tell me the procedure how to do it? :)
    Step by step :)

26. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi All,

HEARTS OF COLD UPDATE

Its been a while so I thought I should give a quick update.

Current Status of the Game.

Game To all intense and purpose complete. There will be some very minor final things to update or tweak. Not fully tested all of the Game Levels of the last publish as I have been busy on other things relating to the Game.

Creating Documentation
    Taking some Screen Shots from within the published Game.
    Generating some Video clips from within the game.
    Working on creating a Release Promo Video.

Working on Steam Release
    Working in Steamworks and started the necessary work for a release at Steam.

As the latter and other release supporting work may take some time I may not be here so often but will let everyone know how the progress is going and provide details of when a release may happen and supply a link to anything you may be able to access or see at Steam or any other location.

Need less to say I will keep updating info here as soon as I have some to share.

And the Screen Shot if I can find one :

UrbanApocalypse2.jpg

Kindest regards

Peter

OZAV likes this.
  27. OZAV

OZAV

ATT. TO: "Shadow-X6" - re: 'Grenades and physics issue'.
    08-09-2023 / 10:42am, by GMT+10, FOUND THUS FAR (on our way out of the project insight):

-The complexity of your mixing LPWP player and RFPS player elements, and their parts scripts
    attached on their individual sub-objects) - causes the physics engine to react and perform
    unpredictable and unstable / unsafe way. This is the main reason you have that issue.
    -We don't recommend combining player elements from LPWP player and RFPS player, at all,
    as an idea to progress, because doing so - the more you do, it will get worse and may even
    cause damages to your computer CPU, memory, and overall health of the computer system,
    and to your current Unity Engine install, as well.

-For your further best options we can recommend - you may:
    Option 1
    To try to contact the LPWP developer directly with the Asset Store invoice from your purchase
    attached and asking them to either: help you to make one version of the player for you
    combining the LPWP player and RFPS player, as a package you can than import and use
    as a 'player' from there (while we still don't recommend it, for as long as it has to mix the
    (any) LPWP amd RFPS player (any) elements that contain the each package parts of the code.
    This said - to be (well) noted, as well, as it might save you a lot of trouble and time loss, and vision
    loss, in the future, and you are welcome, for this free advice.
    Option 2
    To try to use RFPS player as a main player, as is, from the *fresh*, *original* Asset Store download*,
    and replacing only the player body .fbx model with the one from LPWP player, but not adding any
    of it's parts that contain any LPWP code on them, which was you first and principal wrong approach,
    in this case. And also being persistent in it, and doing more things that are not controllable in that manner,
    more as you add from LPWP player. And you obviously don't understand more, as you add more of it,
    in that (now obviously wrong) direction.
    Option 3
    To try to make a game using only LPWP and *LPWP player only* (for which purpose the LPWP
    is intended, btw). Being also low-poly for LPWP: we don't see any sense adding the RFPS to it,
    or mixing with it, either, in the case of the LPWP and RFPS, for our vote.
    Option 4
    -To try to make a game using the RFPS package, and some *other* asset store packages that ARE modular
    and flexible enough in that sense, out of which they are hundreds by now, available out there, on the Store.
    Option 5
    -To try to make a game using the other (all-modular) non-LPWP and non-RFPS complete packages
    available on the Store. (*Importance of the difference between modular, and non-modular assets*).
    Option 6
    Playing around with the games is fun and is good to research around, but: making the games is a different
    activity, respectively, where the second is a lot more serious activity and you should not embark on it,
    if you (at any given time) don't understand 100% what you are doing, or have taken an certified instruction
    course for it first, or gained the required level of experience for doing so, first, some other way.
    So paying the attention to that exact point will be also very recommended for you, at this stage, as well.

On our way out, from the case here: while RFPS is modular-enough, the LPWP is not modular enough, for
    your intended combined use with the RFPS, making the some 'hybrid' player that will mix both of the scripts
    and other code together, whatever you decide on your game making strategy and journey from here,
    hoping that this assists. And where - from here - in the such setting - for our part - we cant help you any
    further than this, whether is appreciated, or not, or - be it understood or not. Happy developing / looking
    for your best options around.

As always: on this forum, by the veterans (and oldest) members, it spells RFPS, and not "RFPS-P",
    or RFPS+what-not, other worldly adjectives, and you are welcome to do the same, and: become the same.
    While the RFPS asset and forum here - keeps gathering only the best and -> educates the rest :).

Shadow-X6 likes this.
  28. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

So a problem with the Unity version?

29. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi Everyone,

HEARTS OF COLD UPDATE

Hearts of Cold - Steam Page is now live.

There are some new videos and screen shots there showing up to date in game play and so on.

If anyone would like to have a look and leave any comment at Steam or Here and add the game to your Wishlist at Steam if you have one, then that would be much appreciated and would clearly help towards further development of the Game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2592320/HEARTS_OF_COLD__REDEMPTION/?beta=0

I hope you are all well and still busy on your Game Making.

Now lets see if I can find a new screen shot..

TBattleGroundStation1.jpg

As always my best regards

Peter

OZAV and TonyLi like this.
  30. OZAV

OZAV

... good to know, Pete, that you guys are (at least at some stage) at Steam publishing works. Also, never to forget the Itch.IO as still the best ever, for the indies. And, BTW, re-your post about the menu, above: - very cool, the color for the menu text. So: would you mind sharing the color coding information, if you can extract it alone (or even as a script), (e.g. text color expressed in RGB format, at least), for the community share, here :). CoolMenuTextByPete-2023-01-10.png

31. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi OZAV,

At the moment I have the Steam Page Up and Running for Hearts of Cold as you know.....I had a lot of work to do to get to to that stage, test Play, screen shots and videos to make up as well as all the other stuff that needed doing.

All in all I ended up quite exhausted after - as the final Mile as it were was tough going all round :) and Unity itself almost finished me off being a pain to work with as we all know.

Since then I have not even booted up Unity once and I am glad to have a break from it after 6 years of stress.

As Yet I have not uploaded the Game Project Files to Steam as at this stage it is not necessary......and I had intended to delay the Game files Release on Steam until I have done some more on the marketing side of things i.e. getting some additions to a wish list and promotion for the Game wherever I can.....

As of now I am not sure when it will be available but likely I will need to put together a "Demo" first as a first Release. Not really done anything with that as yet.....

The recent New Unity Pricing Fee Structure and TOS fiasco, caught me at a bad time as it did for many others and like many I have no inclination to continue using Unity or Publish anything with it, or made with it. As is everything about those new changes is as clear as mud so not sure where I go from there. I am considering the options and will run with one as and when I can....

I the mean time yes I am like many others looking at working with another engine product for developing further Episodes of the Game and any other future Games of which I have two partly developed. As said I do not really look forward to using Unity for those as it is just to difficult too work with when it comes to large projects of scale if one is a sole developer....

I am already creating and testing some levels e.g on Mars which is where episode two of Hearts of Cold starts but its early days yet :)

Anyway enough of that for now....

With regard to you request as said I don't have exact specs for the colours I used in the Menus as in fact I have never paid much attention to them and I have always judged the colours by eye as what I see as correct to me (and I am not going to boot up Unity), However it is easy for me as I just know which colours are used from a small Pallet of standard RGB colours...

Below is a screen shot which shows a Standard RGB colour box and I have outlined in Red the colours I use for my Game UI items. There are two colours you can see that have white outlines and they are the two main colours I use (with variations) e.g. somewhat darker or lighter for some things and I also may use colours from a few of the neighbour colours next to them e.g a darker version. Additionally of course many of my Menu items also have Transparency for backgrounds whereas Text is almost always solid colour. The Transparency can affect the appearance of colours of course....

As long as you keep to a restricted pallet of just a few of the colours outlined as above you cant go far wrong. Text is always the Sky Blue with a slight tint towards the Sea green colours outlined in white a kind if mid between the two but using discretion as to what you prefer. Backgrounds can be a darker version so just pull the slider down to a darker shade or use one of the colours near to the main two as said. Even black is OK if its transparent and is overlaid on another image. With many of the Graphics for backgrounds and Buttons and so on you should consider I used a purchased pack which is in keeping with my colour theme and so as the are PNG mages "Green, Greenish Blueish :)
    then Most will have variations of transparency so they may not need any additional tint of colour at all unless they need adjustment by doing so....

I trust you and all others here are well. I have been quite but don't worry I am still here ;-) and will see you soon once again my friends.

Menu Colours.jpg

Regards

Peter

OZAV likes this.
  32. Deki3d-Virus

Deki3d-Virus

33. geniusgeri2005

geniusgeri2005

Hi i would like to ask for some help if yall dont mind

this is my first time commenting here,i have very basic programing knowladge.
    i been trying to make rfp work for WEEKS- but i just cant make it work, i have the 1,45 version of rfp,i tried all kind of versions of unity, but nun of them worked,most of older unity versions just straight up crashed after importing,and the other ones was abble to import it,but it had all kind of compile errors,and everything,i simply cant make it work:(
    i know this sounds all silly and dumb,but i really just want help nothing else,any idea or anything to fix this? please:(

34. geniusgeri2005

geniusgeri2005

i managed to import it to unity 5.6.1f1,but unfortunately my character dont seems to move at all,not even the mouse,or anytihng
    here:

35. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi geniusgeri2005,

Not sure where you got your version of RFPS from or how long you have had it. It is quite an old piece of software now and is depreciated. If your copy is legitimate then it should work with unity and there are users making games with it as testament to that.....

Personally I would suggest that a version of Unity from the V5+ range is rather old, however if it works without console errors then I guess that will do to get started with it....

My advice would be as with any version of Unity being used and any framework like RFPS....

Start with a Unity base install and nothing else.
    Reboot your computer from a complete shutdown and power off.
    Restart computer and leave it to load up fully.
    Boot up Unity and test to ensure there are no errors in the console....

You will have a default scene. Just keep that one open until you have sorted things out.

Do not add anything to Unity just yet....
    You will need to install RFPS but just how you will do that without a link to Unity I don't know unless you have a link to a Purchase of RFPS from an account you have at Unity where you can access the depreciated RFPS installable.....

Whatever if you have had issues, to test credibility you should install RFPS to an empty project so it uses the RFPS Project Settings set up by the install. Following install you may well find console error messages and possibly a lot of them....

Now the important bit : Do Not Panic. It wont help. That is the worst thing anyone can do when having issues with any piece of software....

In the past I had many such issues installing RFPS especially when there were other Assets installed (as conflicts can be prevalent) and I use a lot of them...So the morale of the story is keep it simple to start and don't add anything else to Unity other than RFPS unless any console message says you are missing something or need to do something else obvious.....(Do Not try and do anything with RFPS yet)....

For example if you have an error message saying an input key is missing then you need to address that. e.g. Keys to move around are not set up!

Anyway whatever Do Not Panic and do anything without thinking first....and do not delete anything unless you know what you are doing....

Now after install, again it may be a good idea if you have error messages to do the following...Save the default scene and save the project.

Again you should shut down Unity and your computer completely, leave a little while then Reboot the computer and Open your project in Unity with the Default scene. Doing this should at least ensure that both Unity and RFPS have initialized anything RFPS and Unity needs to load correctly....

If you still have errors then they will need to be corrected...One at a time is best. If it makes things worse then do not save what you have done. Yes... but exit Unity when you are ready without saving anything if things get worse....

Now with regard to RFPS why in your screen shot are you showing an empty level?....

If you want to test RFPS you should start off by doing nothing ....but open the RFPS default "Sandbox" level scene without interfering with anything else at all...That should work if you have not done anything to mess it or anything else up....Do not mess that level up by editing it or anything else RFPS unless you know what you are doing....Always keep a backup of your default RFPS files somewhere safe.

Once you can get that working then you will hopefully be good to go.....

Not a lot else I can say...if you get error messages you cant fix or don't understand then ask someone for help or search at Google for help.... but don't panic....You may need some patience and game making is mostly about that :)

Stick at it and you will get there. I'd like to say it gets easier but it does not - the more you learn the more you want to push the boundaries :)

I am no expert but I think that's some general reasonable advice for anyone reading perhaps.

Peter

Kurt-Dekker and geniusgeri2005 like this.
  36. petercoleman

petercoleman

HEARTS OF COLD - REDEMPTION. QUICK UPDATE.

Yes its still ongoing. I have not died yet.....

OK I am currently at this stage :

I have prepared and just Uploaded a Demo version of the Game to Steam and submitted that for Steam Review....

Now I hope that I will get a response from Steam this coming week as to whether that is OK or NOT if they will require me to make changes to the Demo Review Submission and re- Upload and submit for a further review....which may be quite likely :) Who Knows...

I have set a Date for the Demo Release some time in November unless that will have to change due to their responses and how many times I may need to make any changes they may require...

I will of course always try and keep you updated and informed...

Now the screen shot this time will not be from a scene in this Game but one of a prototype scene I have started for testing some content for Episode 2, which is entirely a different matter and animal.

.......the screenshot simply is to test out some entities I have and particularly a Building I made a long time ago and only just again discovered hidden on my external backup drive which had been lost to me for years without finding it :)

The building can be seen in the distance right of screen shot and is a large kind of Octagonal shape which is effectively an Arena type structure with a corridor of rooms around its circumference. This could fit into a Roman type game but it is of course a SciFi Arena in this case which will end up in a Planet Mars Scene or elsewhere perhaps. It contains one new Enemy I have not used before and the Large Rocks seen are also new to HOC. I have more of them....

The FPS weapon shown is one of a number of new weapons also and may be updated later. Right now I have to concentrate mainly on the current game....and this is a bit of fun and relaxation as it is not inside Unity engine and less stress than the main game.

MarsArena.jpg

That's all for now folks..

Regards

Peter

JamesArndt likes this.
  37. geniusgeri2005

geniusgeri2005

Hi! thank you for the help! i not yet tried most of the things,i tried to search google ofc for the problems i had but nothing came up rly,just old posts,etc with nothing abt this.
    im very VERY new to unity so i barely know anything,and im sorry for that,i maybe sound a nerd or anything and it would be better to just learn stuff from the beggining,but i really wanna atleast try this asset,if i give you my discord or some social media account could u assist me to what to do? it would be better if i could send you screenshots of the problems,console stuff i have prob with!
    (also it does the same no movement stuff in the sandbox level as well)

and again ty for the fast reply!

38. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi geniusgeri2005,

It might be a good idea if you were to just try out the Default unity Example scenes "First Person Camera" and "Third Person Camera" which if you don't have installed you should find at the Unity asset store. They are basic Movement default scenes so should work. If you cant get those to work then clearly you will have problems with any other most likely.

Peter

39. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

Can I have a link download of rfps and tell me what Unity version does rfps work?

40. petercoleman

petercoleman

No one can give you a link to RFPS. It has long been depreciated by Unity.

41. petercoleman

petercoleman

HEARTS OF COLD - REDEMPTION. DEMO RELEASED ON STEAM

Hello Everyone,

Just to let you know that a Hearts Of Cold - Redemption Demo is now live on Steam....
    Comprising of the first 4 Levels which will give you a good idea of what the game is all about and what to expect in the full game when it is released....except that of course will overall be somewhat more diverse and challenging as the game progresses.

The Demo can be downloaded for Free if you have a Steam account.
    Link to the Game Page : https://store.steampowered.com/app/2592320/HEARTS_OF_COLD__REDEMPTION/

Feedback or comments welcome.

Kind regards

Peter

TonyLi likes this.
  42. rawewin7

rawewin7

I bought this package. And where do I need to write a variable to connect it to the NPC script?

43. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

Noooooo :( oh well time to make my own fps game

44. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

So does that mean I have to find another fps on unity asset store and quit asking for rfps or do research for rfps?

45. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

Guys how do I fix input button left is not setup in unity from rfps

46. petercoleman

petercoleman

Menu : Project settings/Input

Peter

47. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

48. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

I checked everything from Input and I see nothing wrong