Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. TheChairMaster64

TheChairMaster64

@TonyLi So im using Unity UI to make my own menu and I added Load and Save buttons using the on click event. So I put the the save system script as apart of the menu canvas into the on click even of the buttons and it will save and load perfectly fine the first time but once the scene switches the gameobject with the save system gets dragged out of the canvas and breaks the connections to the buttons using it. I think its because it doesn't get destroyed.

I tried going into the save script and turning off the the dont destroy part but that makes it just reloads the current scene without what the character had in weapons and ammo.

I would be grateful if you could help me to get it to work with the normal UI Canvas buttons like how it would work with rfps own menu.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @TheChairMaster64 - The Save System must be Don't Destroy On Load so it can handle scene transitions. Put the Save System prefab GameObject into your scene. Or, if you prefer one with a loading screen, download and import the Save System Prefabs package.

Add the SaveSystemMethods script to your Load and Save buttons. Configure the Load button's OnClick() event to call SaveSystemMethods.LoadFromSlot. Configure the Save button to call SaveSystemMethods.SaveToSlot.

3. OZAV

OZAV

... good idea, and using Don'tDestroyOnLoad depends of what's already in the scene, are there more than 1 script in the scene that is calling Don'tDestroyOnLoad () ? Always check that first, and what their exact mutual interactions might be. Also, there is some recent "fashion" of thinking "per script" and "per asset" quality of development. This is good only 50%, as a strategy. Unity games and simulations are produced per-scene. Think per-scene, most importantly and what's in the scene at any given moment - the scenes that we all, the Unity dev's make: are what players are going to get to play - at the end. Your assets / prefabs / scripts ... is simply - only the way to get there - to tell the story (per each scene): properly. The scenes, therefore - remain the final and most important: product. Missing that orientation out of your focus, for anything else happening is always the main fatal mistake ... Don't know at any given moment what's exactly in your scene ? You have just subscribed your self for a 101+ extra red exceptions and game object "anomalies" that 'don't make any sense'. Hear, hear ... and - happy new year, everyone :).

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  4. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get a weaponbehaviour object to shoot from another script?

I'm trying to build an auto shoot option that shoots (and holds down the trigger) while an NPC is intersecting a raycast.

So far I've tried adding a function RemoteTrigger() to WeaponBehaviour (not the best implementation but I'm figuring out the quick and dirty solution for now), it just calls the Fire() function. It fires once but that's it. I've also tried setting firePress in the Player's InputControl component but that doesn't seem to do anything.

I know this is a deprecated asset (looking for the new version I've been hearing about) but it always been my favorite and I recently decided to try using it again.

My script:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class AutoShoot : MonoBehaviour
    2. {
    3.     public WeaponBehavior weaponBehaviour;
    4.     public InputControl playerInputControl;
    5.     public float range = 10.0f;
    6.     public LayerMask layerMask;
    8.     [SerializeField]
    9.     private bool isHit = false;
    11.     private RaycastHit hit;
    13.     void Awake() {
    14.         if (weaponBehaviour == null)
    15.             weaponBehaviour = GetComponent<WeaponBehavior>();
    17.     }
    20.     // See Order of Execution for Event Functions for information on FixedUpdate() and Update() related to physics queries
    21.     void FixedUpdate()
    22.     {
    23.         Vector3 fwd = transform.TransformDirection(Vector3.forward);
    25.         if (Physics.Raycast(transform.position, fwd, out hit, range, layerMask)) {
    26.             isHit = true;
    28.             Debug.DrawRay(transform.position, fwd * range, Color.green);
    29.             Debug.Log("There is " + hit.collider.name+ " in front of the object!");
    31.             //weaponBehaviour.RemoteTrigger();
    32.             playerInputControl.firePress = true;          
    33.         } else {
    34.             isHit = false;
    35.             playerInputControl.firePress = false;
    36.         }
    37.     }
    39. }

5. OZAV

OZAV

This asset can not be deprecated, since it's community here is active and that can not be deprecated and - as the new RFPS members come in - we have no intention to deprecate it, in the next 100 years. NOW: Has your WeaponBehavior script still has that 'extra' function' for firing left inside, that you added earlier, that now perhaps is interfering with this your new AutoShoot script ? That would be a good idea to check first ... Also: is there a bool in the WeaponBehavior that should choose / and / confirm active firing state, at any moment, such as "firing = true" that you may have forgot to add to new auto-fire script as well ? We are of the feeling that playerInputControl.firePress = true; just as that alone - is not enough to keep the auto firing active. This is important because the WeaponBehavior script auto firing function is switchable on and off, as the condition, and it has 3 switchable modes: single, burst, auto, so it may need additional information from you: in which firing mode is it, to activate / deactivate auto firing mode that we suppose you want to use in this case, rather than the mode that causes the single shot (and that correctly, thus far, as well as we can see) - since you are getting single shot properly ... so it's not at least a your-new-script script issue but just that firing mode information as it seems (and is it active) might be still missing in your new script, when you are accessing the WeaponBehavior script with it. Further: as the idea 2 - your chosen weapon for this task may be also -in the Inspector (in it's weaponBehaviour script) ticked to single mode in this situation, and that - as-all-natural - makes it - to shoot in the single mode. No rocket science there. Mind the modes :).

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  6. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

Thank you for this, the auto fire is working now, I was testing it on the M1911 and forgot it wasn't auto by default. It's not giving me the ideal behaviour I was hoping for but I know I'm on the right track.

As for the script I added to WeaponBehavior.cs, it's just in there because Fire() (as it is out of the box) is a private function. I assume that's the correct function to make a weapon shoot.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void RemoteTrigger() {
    2.         Fire();
    3.     }

OZAV likes this.
  7. OZAV

OZAV

Good to hear. Also: why public void for the RemoteTrigger () ? is that script too accessed by some other script or acting only on his own ? If RemoteTrigger () scr is acting only on his own - and has no any of it's functions called from other scripts it may be better to declare it as either:
    ptotected private void RemoteTrigger ()
    private void RemoteTrigger ()
    void RemoteTrigger ()
    (whatever makes it more a / or a / private class)
    So: anything from that above - as not public void, (in order to upset the system less as possible, and that way (performance-wise) will be much better, since Fire (); function in RFPS is very rich, code wise and couples with a lot of other such code rich functions as well. So you can declare and test it that more private way only - in the case if RemoteTrigger () scr was only meant to call the WeaponBehavior scr functions and for nothing else. Simply - to state it as a public function in this case - without some dire need (wide codespread need) for it - will only upset the performance more (as in every such case) but - will do the same. We all need to always keep in mind that #C - (unlikely Java and other non-direct interactive languages) the C# can at any given time, due to it's 'live' codemachine nature that we all love - it can see all the scripts in the project at any given time, and will suffer a lot performance wise, where ever a function / a class is declared public, while it can be declared private. The road to performance is long, so that will be one constant thought to be careful about, as we all develop around.
    // ===========================================
    // === As an example - private function - raycast - for comparing distances ...
    private class RayHitComparer : IComparer {
    public int Compare(object x, object y) {
    return ((RaycastHit) x).distance.CompareTo(((RaycastHit) y).distance);
    }
    }
    // ===========================================
    :). RDA-PlanetConsolidation_Pic-08.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  8. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi All,

I received a message from a user here asking if "Hearts of Cold" was still under development.

As I have not posted here for quite some time regarding the project heres an Update :

Yes still under daily development - every day. What stage is it at?....

I last published the game quite a long time ago when I had intended to consider releasing a Demo - I had decided I was not happy to do so....and have been busy updating to improve the Game all round as I did not want to release something that was in my opinion - not good enough. Since then I am on my Third round of Major updating all the levels in the "First Episode - "The Leaving". Currently on Level 7 of that third time round.....

Its not for the want of effort as said, as I work on the Game every day. Due to the complexity of content I want to include its just all very time consuming and not available to me out of the box - I have to make things work which RFPS does not offer as standard. For example just one level took me two months to update on last update and that level will be updated again when I get round to it again shortly. Largely the work is is adding game dynamics e.g. AI NPC's , More AI Vehicles and game play scenarios as well as adding as many detail objects as possible....

When I have completed the current round of level updates, I know there wil be another round to follow.....After that or perhaps before, I need to Update the Menu system and "in game messages system" e.g. Player interface with updated features and graphics, game/level audio and so on.....

Then I will be done - except to add final stuff like update the levels visual environments wherever possible and any non essential stuff - but which would add value such as better special effects and alike....

Essentially I have a working game now but some levels still dont have enough content to keep the game player interested and or occupied for long enough :)

Whats next Up? Well apart from updating remaing levels in this round, I have it in mind to add another - dynamic Vehicle - a Halo 1 type Enemy combat vehicle with mounted machine gun with driver and mounted AI to use the weapon..... now thats a challenge in RFPS :) No idea if its possible but I may give it a go when I can.

Anyway heres a few screen shots from some levels you may recognise but hopfully these have not been posted here before. A video is planned as and when I publish next perhaps so I can grab one :)

DarkCityApproach.jpg

industrial1.jpg

industrial2.jpg

Grab 20210314115559 w1280h547 x1193y107z1129r77.jpg

Regards

Peter

:)

chelnok, OZAV and closetgeekshow like this.
  9. OZAV

OZAV

Thanks again, to all, for having us all updated on their projects, it always proves how much it can be accomplished with the RFPS addition to a project. This with Pete's project is at least on the level - and visually even better-than Wasteland, for a comparison. As for our update on the - our own (RFPS based) RDA game and game serial and it's sequels (which will be the only way from now on, that we will be publishing it, due to that: our RDA game and framework has become too massive to ever publish it as a single game): we are happy to announce that we work on 92 new RDA sequels, that are coming to be published separately each, as a mini-game sequel, and primarily we will be (as we do already) making each new RDA sequel available via the Itch.IO, Valve and similar partner providers that support windows platform publishing. The RDA - as we have it - is available only for the windows platform and we are not going to change that. So, in the future, we are going to concentrate more on publishing all coming playable RDA sequels in production, ideally - over the next 40 following years. It is good to see that experienced and new members of the RFPS movement here are not rushing, but do indeed allow their projects to mature to such great quality, such as in the Pete's case - a high quality project and quite a few others, while is true that it can be no any completely "finished" game ever. Currently, we are sharing for today a - snap - from the pipeline, on current integration for more RDA world vehicles, and the RFPS player, since we are going to have well tested (virtually) everything that can fly, drive or dive, for the RDA sequels line, and that is - based on the feedback of some international fans, that we should have it, irregardless how much extra time it will require. This may additionally slow down our mentioned 'pipeline 92' goal but - the input of fans and players remains the main aspect, to always keep in mind as well. Happy developing everyone - here at the - RFPS academy, and: please - always share, ask for help, and - stay active. Unlikely the other asset forums - where they may be developing separately, and thinking only 'their own individual' plans way - we all here - always keep developing and sharing: the true Unity way - although we all have very different projects indeed - but - together :). RDA-All-Vehicle-Integrations-01.jpg

10. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi all,

OK I added My Halo1 Style Enemy Combat Vehicle. Took me 3 Days to get it working to my satisfaction.

The Vehicle carries two characters : driver and character using mounted machine gun.

The Vehicle can move around the level as desired and fire whilst moving or stop to fire at any object target (by single or multiple Tags as required) so can attack/shoot at more than one target if desired...before moving on...e.g. shoot at player, allies, barrels and so on if need be.

Of course the Player can kill the Combat Vehicle and here is the result.....

CobatVehicleDead.jpg

Regards

Peter

11. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Guys? how I can invoke a SpawnPlayer method from other script after die? using the restart or die void?
    I tried:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Destroy(GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("Player"));
    On the sequence:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. MPlayerCall.GetComponent<PlayerCall>().Invoke("SpawnPlayer", 3f);

12. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi All,

Just a quick update with a screenshot showing the latest vehicle in game level :

This is an Enemy boat that patrols the waterways and is more or less complete apart from perhaps adding another Enemy to shoot at the Player. Currently it has two characters one that drives and one that shoots at the Player....

Not that easy to set up unless you know how but I am getting used to creating Enemy vehicles of various kinds now :) It does not use RFPS scripts at all but a variety of other stuff to get it all to work....

Sorry I tried my best to grab a screen shot showing the Enemy "Fireing" Muzzle Flash and Player blood when hit but failed to capture the moment :) Take it from me it all works as should though. Its not easy to catch those things as the boat moves quite quickly and its also due to the boat speed its quite hard to hit the Enemy when the player shoots at him so killing the Enemy takes quite a few shot hits which is what I wanted while the boat moves around the level and the Player encounters it numerous times.

When killed the Enemy of course dies and has a Rgadoll Death replacement. As yet I have not set up the Boat and Enemies to be able to be killed as a whole. i.e. Enemies die and boat explodes though I may decide to add the boat exploding later....

Anyway thats it for now - its almost 4am and time to add the screen shot and shut down for today :)

FloodedGrounds.jpg

Regards

Peter

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  13. rgn-games

rgn-games

Hi Everyone, RFPS is still under development, can we get currently working RFPS for unity 2019+. We can pay for it. Maybe developer can help me. We need it to develop our game.

OZAV likes this.
  14. Polyland

Polyland

Fortunately they are going to release again this asset. It is really the best of its kind. Gonna buy it directly!

OZAV likes this.
  15. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

It runs fine for me on version 2020.3.15f2, is it throwing errors for you on 2019?

OZAV likes this.
  16. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi All,

HEARTS OF COLD - REDEMPION - UPDATE

Just a quick one to say I am still at it :)

I came across a video I made last year showing some more "Game Action" which has been asked for. Needless to say things have been updated quite a bit since then but heres the video anyway. below. Currently on 3rd round of updates at level 17. Just got hold of some more characters that I have prepared now ready to drop in :) and a few more to go in too, yet to prepare. Running out of content I can find to go in without repeating too much :)

Here's the video Link from YouTube...

Regards

Peter

OZAV, Franciscotx56 and Baldinoboy like this.
  17. petercoleman

petercoleman

I normally have any post processing and more turned off when developing so as to maximum performance while building levels - still working on updating level 17 at the moment so heres a screen shot of it with post processing turned on :)

Grab 20220401190010 w1360h768 x-771y5z444r153.jpg

Regards

Peter

18. DAMANStudios

DAMANStudios

Hello everyone,

I have a little problem, I would like to be able to rotate the camera freely from another script (only during a specific event and then leave the free controls to the player) but I can’t do it. As this GIF shows, when I try to rotate the camera, it goes back to its original position and that's not what I want to do.
    Cam_preview.gif

Would anyone be able to help me with that ?
    Thank you in advance !!

19. ANFADEV

ANFADEV

Hi All,

Any news on the upcoming version, or the discord server?

OZAV likes this.
  20. OZAV

OZAV

Hello, first you can check through all the scripts attached on player's Main Camera and their sub-objects (up-down), one of them must be doing returning the main camera to that default position, which is probably done in order to assure that - if main camera would from any ingame reasons get disoriented - to always return it to the default view. So the camera scripts will be first idea to look at, to start digging around that particular issue. We would recommend you learning first what's going on exactly in SmoothMouseLook script - which is on the FPS Camera player's sub-object ... :).

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
    DAMANStudios likes this.
  21. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi All,

HEARTS OF COLD - REDEMPTION

Level 18 Screenshot :

Grab 20220424173845 w1360h768 x-270y228z-85r297.jpg

Moving on to Level 19 Update shortly - shortly being a relative term here of course. These Updaes are big ones so take some time,

Regards

Peter

OZAV likes this.
  22. OZAV

OZAV

... RFPS is making so much possible, and is to-day the most extensive and helpful add-on, to any of the FPS / TPS projects, though you can have another version of player object in the project (and assets) at the same time, with just a bit of additional code fix, and than even integrating a bit of both, which certainly broadens the perspective. It is very good to hear that a new improved version is coming up, when ever the dev's find enough time to bring another quality version of RFPS, as we used to know it, and improved. While the projects based on the last 1.44 version are still going to have the long projection in the future, since the code and concept is based on the timeless approach, and the most of community is just going to benefit from it, which was obviously the main idea. Rest assured, with Azuline and RFPS - you will find yourself going a lot further than ever expected, for any project that will have it included, as for our assessment - some years of using it later, and while is still on, as we all know it: timeless. Any updates on the new version: welcome, saying that with the due patience :). RDA-TheHouse_00.jpg

petercoleman and Franciscotx56 like this.
  23. petercoleman

petercoleman

Level 20

Grab 20220505235654 w1360h768 x1220y198z785r218.jpg

:)
    Peter

OZAV and Franciscotx56 like this.
  24. OZAV

OZAV

... good work, guys, we have so much good development here, around either 1.44 and hopefully with the coming RFPS version ... while Toni has made a great solution for save / load and dialogues as well. It would be good to hear from Azuline, here for the thread, on the new version features, that previous RPS has not had, and similar, which would be very interesting to know ahead, as a more complete (one-sheet page) list, perhaps. Also, again, for our vote - stay at the pre-2017 and not further Unity versions, everyone, for the quickest development process and your good health, since anyhting pass 2017 (and current) is not Unity as we know it, and need it, any more, so hopefully they will retun the (intact, unchanged) 2017 features and functionality and keep Unity that way - what it used to be: the best and the most productive engine, out there. Also - removal of the Asset Store Window in Unity from v. 2018 onward - is the pure insult (and sign on absolute non-care) to all honest community who have been supporting it from version 1, as we have and so many other good members here, to note, as well. And also to note, after our recent tests - the 'new-better' way of accessing the assets has not any better safety at all, as the excuse they used for that (another) community sabotage, as well. Singing off for today, OZAV International, so with this: we have not our name in it, for any such unhelpful and rogue changes to the engine, way of work, and everything else. 28-05-2022 :). RDA-WWI Defense & Stuka Aircrafts.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  25. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi OZAV,

Looks like you are all alone here talking to yourself here so thought i would keep you company and post a screen shot to cheer you up :) This forum thread is just about dead now....

Anyway I have been very busy. Heres a screen shot of the game over screen for my first episode of Hearts of Cold as its stands now so I must be getting somewhere :)

GameOver-0.png

Franciscotx56 and OZAV like this.
  26. OZAV

OZAV

Hmmm, what would make them to think that ... On the RDA development battlefield over here is quite busy as usual ... Thanks for sharing again, Pete. On the RFPS thread - we are never all alone, or alone. It was about the time for some community news update, as we all await for the more news from the Azuline - appreciated :). RDA-Tanks & Planes Works.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    Franciscotx56 likes this.
  27. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

Played two pretty good Steam games this weekend that were made with RFPS, worth checking out for inspiration for your own projects.

My Time Alive - a short story based zombie apocalypse game, took about an hour from start to finish.
    Humanity - an open world story based sci-fi fps, with many quests and environments. I'm a few hours into this one but haven't finished it yet.

OZAV, Deckard_89, TonyLi and 2 others like this.
  28. OZAV

OZAV

RDA_LakeDesert-Junkers-InDesertCamo.jpg ... we had no idea that out there on the Steam are the dev's who released many games out there on the RFPS basis. Very good idea, and to check over there often and get some gameplay, it only proves again the impact that our comunity keeps making out there in the sense of quality, rather than quantity, as seen many elsewhere. We can have only one of the two: quality, or the quantity. And each time if only the quantity (or asset-flip-works) is a focus: it just becomes another game that is played 4.5 months and than left on the shelves not to be noticed again. Remember the asset-flippers attack on Unity community a few years ago, everyone ? They had not last long, have they. Simply because ist's fake and what they do is a fake. Otherwise: it's the RFPS and alike, that we always return to kinda games - forever. Simply, in their productions goes a lot (and only) a money focus, while in ours - a lot of love for our creations and only that :).

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  29. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

@OZAV

I'm generally pretty forgiving of most "asset flips", unless they're just republishing demo scenes - they're often young or inexperienced developers, and I know from my own experience that making a project ready for public consumption requires effort even if you're just reusing assets for the gameplay and art.

It looks like from your screenshot that you're using the HUD bars from the Asset Store, do you happen to remember how you got that working? I think last time I loaded it up with 1.45 of RFPS I got some errors.

Now that's I'm thinking of the HUD bars, the developer of that also has a RFPS game on Steam called Flight 732 - I played it for a while but I don't remember if I finished it.

Some other published RFPS games I'm aware of, some of these are on Itch instead of steam. Bold ones I remember being pretty good.
    Crooked Silence
    Blades Adrift
    Dazed from Below
    Factions
    Zombie Island
    Path of Death Island

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    OZAV likes this.
  30. OZAV

OZAV

... good update on RFPS made games, by closetgeekshow, with the links for everyone, here, much apreciated. We are using the hud bar for RFPS, so the dev can give you a quick rundown here ad provide you the asset copy, as well. In our case: there was a tab "hook the rfps hud bar" or so, by which it installed itself on a click, and it went well in our project case. It's also well written and you can use it even partially, and make a lot of other customized hud display data art with it, as well. Now we also reduced what it does by default in our project and now use it only partially. Since we don't much hud-and-interface or anything else getting in the way of enjoying the pure gameplay only, but it's just our way, of course, and our RDA in all of it's playable sequels serial is like that. For publishing anything playable - we mainly hang at the Itch IO, since the Valve ("Steam") is currently still having too complex publishing interface that needs restructuring and someone experienced to make a simple and effective use of it so the publishers don't need to have equal time loss fighting with it, as they have on just developing. For some our current remarks here, looks like ... "Factions" have been obsoleted by the dev's and too much of the default RFPS art was used, same as is used too much in Zombie Island, as well. Dazed From Below goes a bit further than usual asset-flip and is promising, for our vote they need to install game hints for almost all levels around, so it would not have that constant puzzle feeling to do anything. Blades Adrift ... offers a fun gameplay, while there is a deeper editing need and player is currently under powered, and has similar power balance issues. Crooked Silence and Crooked Silence: Tales From The Dark DLC - is a keeper, well done on so many aspects, minus that: gamepad support wasn't in the focus from the start, but they are willing to bring it forward, after the some community feedback. And the pricetag is too low for the quality that already has, as well. Moving on ... the Flight 732 - shallow art issues again and can do a lot better without thirst mechanic overused to that unrealistic level. Simmingly there are some controls issues currently as well. Have a good developing weekend, everyone ( 09-07-2022 ) :). RDA-NewZombies-EggHeads.jpg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
  31. petercoleman

petercoleman

HEARTS OF COLD - REDEMPTION

Round 4 Update
    : screen shot of level 12 below. Just 14 more levels to go in Episode 1.

Grab 20220712195418 w1360h768 x1068y107z1028r255.jpg

Peter

32. OZAV

OZAV

... it's a developers priviledge, but is sad, that we can not offer to players so many hours of good development gameplay we all enjoy in Unity, and so much of that fun is left unexpressed for public, which in that proves itself worthy of our time. But, we can at least offer the best bits of fun in the chosen scenes for publishing, which would be the important point. As for the best developer's fun, you often go back to stock characters and set them a bit against player and a bit against themselves, since it offers 3 factions, though in a scene, would be good to see an utility written be someone, that stock characters can change factions while they run into trigger boxes over the map. So that be another good idea of a next community-share script, for inclusion uses of RFPS stock characters, that are a lot fun if used properly. As it popps for a thought, after some project restructuring done, where is decided - they wil lstill have some limited uses in their impoved form. Posting quickly here at: 30-07-2022, only a basic fog post processing is used a bit, for the main camera / weapon camera, (but not using the default general setting fog), making the performance a lot more flawless. The UI's are also heavy reduced, for the particular fun scene, giving even more free open gameplay only. Good development, everyone, the RDA development team, at OZAV, sport & humanity org, 30-07-2022 :). RDA-BigSceneZombies-30-07-2022.jpg

33. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi OZAV,

"t's a developers priviledge, but is sad, that we can not offer to players so many hours of good development gameplay we all enjoy in Unity, and so much of that fun is left unexpressed for public, which in that proves itself worthy of our time."

Too true..this game making just takes too long when one is working alone on a large project :)

At the moment I am stuck on my Round 4 Updates on level 13 as its just such a large complicated level its a big time consuming job. My levels seem to get more complex as I go as I add more content and game dynamics, but of course the end result is worth it eventually :)

Unity itself is not much help at the moment as the version I have at this moment is a paini n the backside to develop with it seems....too many version issues that dont get fixed or new ones creep in.

Still looking to reach the goal of as you refer to of Publishing a game when I am able so others can have some fun with it. If my computer and i can find the strength to keep going against the odds then that will happen one day

I must get on...

Regards

Peter

OZAV and Franciscotx56 like this.
  34. Franciscotx56

Franciscotx56

hello, does anyone know how to make an NPC attack higher when the player is on top of something in the scenario, such as a table, without having to increase the shoot range?

Attached Files:

35. OZAV

OZAV

Hello, start by opening the AI.cs script in your code editor, and input the search (CTRL+F or whatever starts your search box) for: targetEyeHeight variable, and you wil lsee it few times over the AI.cs, and what exactly it does. You willl see many lines related to that variable and how exactly is used, such as line:
    "targetEyeHeight = FPSWalker.capsule.height * 0.25f;" and similar lines, so it will be a one good idea to start adjusting targeting conditions and positions a bit, or extend right there on their functionality. Mainly, targeting as obvious, it's based on players collision capsule height, which at some conditions (such as crouching, swimming, diving etc) changes its sizes to less to make NPC targeting more realistic to main camera, etc, but you definitely need to look there in the AI.cs first for that parameter, to get the proper idea where exactly do you need to make your code cuts from there. Also, tracking such places for that variable you can also completely change targeting not to be based on player Capsule, but perhaps to FPS Player obj. transform position itself, or to be based on main camera transform instead of player transform, or any other idea, just for a tip. So all that, as we hope it sheds a bit of light on the mistery of the varuios (spagethi-line style) RFPS code, which is written, by it's 'ping-pong-left-right' calls code RFPS functions. Since it some places, it's a public knowledge that - they are indeed made (a lot) that way, which makes the code to run faster indeed, but such ping-pong-left-right coding style is not exactly a conquest of paradise for the indie producers that have to code all by themselves, as we all know. And while it remains: within the wonders of the RFPS and similar systems - you've got to know what do you deal with first, in order to know how exactly to deal with it, as the most recommended advice, when dealing with such extension systems :).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  36. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Guys, a quick question, is there any problem in keeping the third person body as a child of FPSPlayer?

37. hariomjangra777

hariomjangra777

Yeah I tried doing the same in my game but it didn't go well

Do you have any idea how can I create a weapon attachment and customisation system.

ProBrStalker likes this.
  38. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi All,

Almost one month since my last Hearts of Cold Update 4 and still on Level 13 update :) Unfortunately I have not been too well for a while and it has slowed down my progress. Screen shot level 13 below. Not sure what I added these to the level except that I have a lot of water in the level so heres something to go in it :)

Grab 20220826135534 w1360h768 x890y15z612r290.jpg

Also added a new Seafront Harbour in the level with - well lots of Harbour type content.

I still have more to do in this level 13 yet.

Regards

Peter

OZAV likes this.
  39. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

it depends on how you intend to add the system, whether by inventory, menu, loadout...

OZAV likes this.
  40. OZAV

OZAV

... Hello, the RFPS academy, how are we going. We are not abandoning our projects, we only make them more great. Just so we update everyone that another storyline and a few good maps has self emerged into RDA storyline, which part we now refer to only as RDA - Outerspace. We will be working to - soon as possible to add at least 2 playable episodes via Itch IO as we always do. Meantime - from it's progress, a quick dev log, for 07 sep 2022, shared. Good dev, everyone, we can share the skybox as you see it, if there are any interested, for their similar-theme scenes as well :).
    "You don't want these with the open-and-use system, but those with the pro-military (Haunebu) colors, and insignia of the Order Of The Black Sun, and their internal computer information inside. They are the best guarded, and every attempt will be already expected. In the open space they charge them at the improvised bases, in the pools filled with that electromagnetic gel, that is mixed with water. Your hazmat suit will protect you from some bullets, creature bites, and acid liquidity, but one has to be most careful that the ammo never runs out - which - if it happens - can mean only one outcome. Taxon keeps scouting around as usual, and as always - he tries to bring more information about all the Entity's conducted black book works around the system, that seem to have no end. Was the 'history' story told to the world correct, and how much one can discover about their works once he learns how to track them and how to use their own systems, in the order to bring the as-possible more information back to Earth. Another purpose - concealed, isolated location, another horrific and forbidden experiments open field. Keeping the truth initiative, another piece of secrecy puzzle is open, another mark is left on the wall, that Entity hates the most, and for once again, as usual - it reads: "Taxon was here" :). RDA-Outerspace_Haunebu'sBas.jpg

41. OZAV

OZAV

... as much as we know - third person body can freely wander around, and you can do whatever you want with it, scripting wise, since is only a FPS Player's - cosmetic object ... so it's possible, while only a slight use of performance, under some map conditions, but good idea, to allow the player to have 3-rd person camera. For an instance when it comes to swim and dive in the water, where the shadow that starts automatic on the water bed bottom once the player dives in really shines, at it's best. So, for the such and similar situations perhaps, for an idea - the auto-switch to the inbuilt 3-rd person camera for some maps of that aim could be great, and we are already working on it, as an optional (auto-switch) feature ... (the magic ... of the booleans never stops). The main advice would be to create another copy of the FPS Main player, having only such abilities (allowThirdPersonCamera ticked to on), and activating / deactivating itself on a certain map (water and other desired) triggers around. And: testing all of it first, in a safe - separate map for it, of course - would be definitely on everynone's to-do list. Perhaps, without any code-immediate -> to just try re-ordering player's sub-objects in the scene hierarchy first, and than to play a bit with all elements, and make the notes on the way, what works (or works closely) for your intended purpose first, and what console warnings you need to overcome from there. Follow the console - it never mistakes, and - it will lead you there :).

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  42. hariomjangra777

hariomjangra777

A inventory system like pubg

43. hariomjangra777

hariomjangra777

Any idea about release date of RFPS2 cause am planning to switching the inventory system of my current project

44. hariomjangra777

hariomjangra777

Some screenshots of my current work

Attached Files:

OZAV likes this.
  45. OZAV

OZAV

some have asked, so... was there an asset ... 'inventory system for RFPS' or so ... who made that, perhaps someone should share a Store, or other link, to the asset ...

46. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

I so badly want to play this game of yours!

47. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

S-inventory was an integrated solution but hasn't been supported for years

48. hariomjangra777

hariomjangra777

Please anyone give a solution fon how to make the inventory system for this asset

Or is there any asset available like a inventory that can be integrated with it

49. GameDevGary

GameDevGary

Hey Azuline Studios, wondering if we will have to purchase the new asset or if there will be an upgrade if we have RFPS. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    OZAV likes this.
  50. OZAV

OZAV

Hello, RFPS members, how are we, for the 25-09-2022. Just a quick asset recommendation, these are still the best -> It was not much existing, back than, when FORST studio started the revolution (with the ATS shaders pack, back than) how terrain, foliage and other shaders and assets are rendered and made for zero impact on preformance, to this day. -> If you need a zero performance impact but beautiful reactive foliage and trees, of very small asset file size as well, than you need this, in the project, it's a simply must have, regardless. -> High quality, and they are still the best, and are highly adjustible, just as we know it around, from FORST. The direct link - Ver. 4 is right here: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/advanced-foliage-shader-v-4-3253#description [*there is also the ver. 5, which is even more optimized, so one will definitely be the best, for any project setup]: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/advanced-foliage-shaders-v-5-68907#content AdvancedFoliageShader4-By-FORST.jpg

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022