Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

some test with inventory system

alonehuntert and AzulineStudios like this.
  2. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Good afternoon everyone, here is a tutorial on how to add animated weapons to RFPS:
    (First and Third person)

Polyland and AzulineStudios like this.
  3. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

thanks mate really appreciate

ProBrStalker likes this.
  4. wanitek1

wanitek1

Hello Guys, I'm facing some issues while upgrading my game from Unity 2018 to 2020 LTS which is built using Realistic FPS Prefab. with a lot obsolete code and stuff. can you guys please guide me I must upgrade it to Unity 2020.

5. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Azuline delete his account again?

6. Franciscotx56

Franciscotx56

7. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Guys, how to solve?
    upload_2021-9-21_18-3-16.png
    My Player and, weapons have this error...

8. AzulineStudios

AzulineStudios

Thanks JC_LEON, the first version of the new FPS kit will be FPS-focused and will include an improved codebase and workflow. The animation of the first person weapon models will be smoother and more AAA-feeling than RFPS. The default assets will be higher definition PBR style, with more features to be added in later updates.

You could implement an IK rig, so the position of the hand will stay "glued" to a position on the gun when the player model animates. A simpler way, would be to include a third SMG animator state in addition to pistol and rifle holding states for the third person character. Sorry I don't have a more complete guide on how to do this, but it could be done with some modification of the third person character's Animator Controller.

Sure, the process is a bit different for the new FPS asset, but it the tutorials will be easy to follow.

Hi wanitek1, if you post some of the errors, that would be a good starting point for troubleshooting the issues.

Hi ProBrStalker, this error looks to be related to the PlayAudioAtPos.cs script. This is the static method that is used to play sound effects at a position in 3D space. Either the weapon and player scripts aren't locating this script, or its pooled audio source objects, or there is some other issue. If you're modifying how the prefab works, you could also replace the PlayAudioAtPos.PlayClipAt calls with AudioSource.PlayClipAtPoint calls. This was a workaround in earlier version of RFPS that isn't necessary anymore in newer versions of Unity. Hope that gives you some ideas.

As far as progress on the new asset. It's going well, but I have some IRL stuff that is taking my attention right now. I will have more updates about the new FPS asset soon. Thanks for your patience.

ProBrStalker likes this.
  9. magique

magique

I am currently developing an advanced AI system called SoulLink, which will integrate out of the box with RFPS. Development is in early alpha state and testing is set to begin by the end of the year at the latest. To follow along with development, please join my discord channel:

discord.gg/ncW9UmU

Attached Files:

leandrovtd and TonyLi like this.
  10. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Hello, the error was relating to the unity version....

11. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Good afternoon everyone, I'm creating an asset for the Realistic FPS prefab, which will have more weapons included, both in first and third person,
    I intend to pay for it, due to the features and textures included...

Attached Files:

12. magique

magique

I think you mean that you intend to sell it.

ProBrStalker likes this.
  13. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Yes hahaha, Sorry for english...
    It won't be a very high value, around 15 to 25 U$...

14. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

It will include 3 Heavy Assault Weapons, 3 Assault Weapons, 3 Ranged Weapons, 3 Pistols,Obviously, I will include more with new updates in the package...

Bioman75, Franciscotx56 and magique like this.
  15. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Guys, I have a small error in my player's PlayerCharacter...Well, in a new scene, it works correctly, now in an older scene, it gets totally out of sync... it spins around 360, like a hand spinner... And I honestly don't understand why he's showing this... Anyway, does anyone have any solution? or have been through it?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  16. FractalCore

FractalCore

I only just found out about this upcoming new RFPS. That's great, instant buy for me :)

Do you have any plans on implementing a save system? For such a complete system as the last RFPS, it really needed it's own save/load system. It's something I really like about Horror FPS Kit on the asset store.

I got the separate Pixel Crushers one (made for RFPS) on the asset store but my limited knowledge made it hard to use beyond a basic autosave. So including your own or some way to make it work with Easy Save etc. would be great.

AzulineStudios likes this.
  17. TonyLi

TonyLi

@FractalCore - If you have a minute, what limited your ability to use the Pixel Crushers save system? Does it lack something that you wanted? If you don't mind providing a bit of feedback, it would help to improve the asset. Thanks!

Also, the Pixel Crushers save system does work with Easy Save.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  18. FractalCore

FractalCore

I'm sure it's fine. I'm not a programmer so if it can't be controlled by Playmaker, either with specific actions or controlling public variables then it's hard to use. And it was years ago so I can't really remember what the problems were.

19. TonyLi

TonyLi

Okay, thanks. It must have been a while ago. The save system has PlayMaker actions now and can be set up entirely in the inspector without scripting using components such as ScenePortal and SaveSystemMethods.

20. FractalCore

FractalCore

Well damn, so it does. I gradually stopped using RFPS after it was deprecated. But I just imported it into a fresh 2020.3 project and was impressed to see it all still works, no errors. And was reminded how many features it has, so I'm now going to get back into it.

I'll definitely try out the save system again now. Thanks.

21. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi ProBrStalker,

I get some issues occasionally with the rfps Player and including some spinning (camera) in some levels I may be working in. This I have found can be possibly be caused by a number of things potentially in my case,....

Mouse and or surface under mouse is dirty or unstable. If using a mouse with cable and possibly wireless mouse too then check they are all working as should be. Mouse cables can be a pain if they get caught on something - a good shake or moving of the cable can sometimes make a big difference. If mouse or perhaps key board has batteries make sure they are not low on power.....If using a laptop to develop "Always" make sure that the lap top uses the Mains power cable and the mains power is turned on and do not rely on a laptop battery alone...that will reduce performance significantly.

If something in the level or computer system causes performance issues (low fps, code/console errors).

Unity gets "Tired" "Confused" or similar.

Check Task Manager and confirm system performance and memory is OK. I do this every time before starting unity and most days I have to boot up twice every morning. i.e. start up twice after a wait before them before starting unity to ensure all system files and resources are loaded fully then wait before checking Task Manager again. I can boost and save some memory and performance in this way. e.g. boot up computer and mem usage could be as much as 34 % - thats too much so I reboot and often find its then down to perhaps 25% - go figure but there you have it :)

If you have anything like a Windows update or any other like Video driver waiting to be installed forget using Unity or anything else for that matter until you install them first as they will impact significantly on their system files in the background and affect other programs running.

As I cant think of anything else then....

Lastly perhaps "Firstly" the best option if its appropriate for you is in the level where the Player is offending is to first try removing your copy of the Player prefab from the level and then replace with a fresh copy of the Player prefab from the RFPS folder and see if that fixes the issue if it would be safe for you to do that of course in your case. That can sometimes work.

Good luck :)

Peter

22. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Thanks for answering Peter,
    I don't think it could be something related to a peripheral or anything like that...but maybe it could be something performance...because as my work tool, laptop (Notebook) has a broken screen, I'm using a machine older so as not to delay the development of my game...in this case a 15-year-old machine, yes that's right a DDR2!, which oddly enough, still manages to break a branch.

23. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Well, good afternoon, guys!, I'll be leaving the link to a video of which I'm building a multiplayer network for RFPS, using DarkRift 2, yes, that's right, network support with the purpose of a dedicated server for rfps ...anyway:

I still have a lot of work ahead of me, but it's already a good way to go!

leandrovtd likes this.
  24. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Another thing that I would also like to propose, would be some support for the "Discord" software, so that in this way, I could facilitate the help of members who still work with RFPS....
    But it's up to you to make this decision...

leandrovtd likes this.
  25. leandrovtd

leandrovtd

Agree

26. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Weapons Test:

Franciscotx56 likes this.
  27. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

The PlayerCharacter Error...

28. AzulineStudios

AzulineStudios

Hi @ProBrStalker, that's a good idea. I currently have my head down finishing up some final features on the new FPS asset, but a Discord server would be another way to provide updates and support. I'll post here when it's ready.

It looks like the CameraControl.cs script has lost track of the player's forward facing angle or direction, or the model itself has been rotated somehow. You mentioned you notice this in the old scenes, but not the new ones, so as a starting point, maybe try reverting the player prefab overrides to the same settings as the prefab in the working, new scenes?

As far as the new asset, I'm finishing up a new surface type system that supports surface type detection by game object tag, terrain texture, and material, which is something that was missing from RFPS. It makes level editing more convenient because there can be multiple surfaces on the same mesh. I should have some more news soon, thanks for your patience everyone.

Franciscotx56 and ProBrStalker like this.
  29. TonyLi

TonyLi

Publisher Sale - Includes Save System for RFPSP

I forgot to mention here that the Asset Store is running a Publisher Sale featuring Pixel Crushers assets as well as assets from Digital Ruby and Davit Naskidashvili. All Pixel Crushers assets are 50% off, including the Save System for RFPSP, which you can get for $5.

The sale ends tomorrow.

(Tip - If you add the free gifts to your cart, remember to use coupon code TOOLBOX at checkbox.)

30. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

I ended up discovering that the error was related, to a folder where I kept my player, along with a zipped player folder for bakcup, what I did was move the player to another folder, thus fixing the error.

Well Azuline, a little doubt, how could I make this crosshairs more realistic?
    upload_2021-11-9_18-30-52.png
    I say maybe adapt a camera to it? more or less like this style:

OZAV and Franciscotx56 like this.
  31. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Hi guys, i have a problem with my Inventory... good, I can't use my mouse, on Inventory or on the menu, how i can fix it?

32. Franciscotx56

Franciscotx56

Hi, I'm trying to make a dual weapon with the pistol.any tips to make this work?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  33. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

which inventroy system are youy using?

34. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Old ICWM

35. OZAV

OZAV

... hello, RFPS community, December 2021 is here, can we have a short overview list: what new features will be available in the new RFPS, from the dev please ? Baron-BeechCraft-Cockpit-Pic04.JPG

36. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

no news sadly--

btw has someone a working inventroy solution for rfps ... ??? i can pay for it?'

dont write me about s-inventroy due it's a deprecated asset and i cannot purchase it anymore...

thanks

37. AzulineStudios

AzulineStudios

You can get this effect using a Render Texture with a fisheye/spherical refraction shader to distort the texture around the edges like a real optic. There are some tutorials online that I've seen. The new FPS asset will use a classic style 2D scope texture overlay, but I intend to add this option eventually.

Maybe something with the inventory UI layer's raycast target property not being set, or getting blocked by another invisible UI element with a raycast target?

Version 1.0 of the new asset has the the basic features of RFPS except third person, grenades/mines, off-hand melee attacks, NPC factions, and bow and arrows. These were features that were added after version 1.0 of RFPS and are planned for later versions of the new asset.

Apologies for the lack of updates. I've been busy finishing the NPC AI and adding melee/shield blocking. Then the demo scene and documentation will need to be done. I also haven't created a Discord yet because I'm still deciding on some marketing/branding details. Thanks for your patience.

38. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

no problem.. we will wait... (hope not too much time LOL)... btw it's sat to know that new rfps will not have (at least at launcj) all features old rfps have like greandes ,bow and arrow system... that are mandatory for my game lol... i think i' ll be stuck with old 1.45 for now ... but purchase the new one too to support you and your work..

39. TheChairMaster64

TheChairMaster64

@AzulineStudios I can't wait to see what you do with the updated kit because the current one has helped me a lot. I'm not really big on coding so I understand if you aren't really able to help me or if what I need help with isn't possible.

I did have a few questions or things you may be able to help with. So I have this weapon wheel I'm working on and it has a on click event box thing and it uses same type of event box system for Tigger Events and Timed events that comes with the save system. When I try to bool enable a weapon I want as the current main weapon then disable all other weapons the weapon I enabled rotates to a weird direction. I'm pretty sure its because the current code still thinks I'm using the pervious weapons and its getting confused with the index weapons.

With the event box system I want to be able to update what weapon is the current weapon out of the index of weapons.
    I also have similar problems with like max player health like what if I wanted if on trigger to update max health or speed of the player in a similar way. The event system has been very helpful for me. But I understand if I would have to do these things a different ways.

I would even be fine if you had a way to lock the rotation transform of the weapons them selves to 0,0,0 after Activating a weapons bool and Deactivating bools of all other weapons I could possibly work around that jank.

Weapon Wheel test Example2.PNG

Event System Box; the on click on trigger thing (idk the proper term)
    Example1.PNG

Weird Rotate of weapon that gets stuck. I try to change the rotation transform back to 0,0,0 but then it jumps back to the weird rotation it had after switching with a bool system. Example.PNG

40. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

how can i do to swap player and change controlller to a car?'..

i have my car controller working but i cannot figured which scritps or gameobject i need to disable to switch player to car controller..

i tried t odisable fpsmain but i noticed that when game starts it generate a player clone that continues to be active even when my player is in the car..

41. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

no one can reply??? how can i completelydisable the character controller when player goes into a car and reactivate it when player exit?

42. Franciscotx56

Franciscotx56

i know that when i use ToggleCinemaCamera method of MovePlayerAndCamera script to play cutscenes various components and gameobjects are disabled and after the cutscene they are enabled again and everything works normally. it is these components that will have to be disabled when you go to the car.

43. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

thanks for your hint i diddnt know about MovePlayerAndCamera script... is there any example of usage of it into RFpS.??

i saw the script now but cannot figure how to manage to use it to fit my needs

44. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

PLUS how corrclty can i set the foot ik ..?' any useful asset ..?

45. rgn-games

rgn-games

Hey Guys, Am not able to find RFPS on unity asset store. Can anyone please share its link or its deleted ?

46. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

It's not there

47. TonyLi

TonyLi

It's deprecated, meaning it's no longer for sale although people who purchased a license in the past can still download it. Azuline Studios is working on a new version that should appear on the Asset Store at some point.

AzulineStudios and SickaGamer like this.
  48. rgn-games

rgn-games

Got it Thank you. So i cannot purchase it anymore until the New version is up on store.

49. AzulineStudios

AzulineStudios

Hi, glad to hear that TheChairMaster64, the visuals of your game look great. Having events update player variables wasn't really tested, but the scripts could be modified to handle the events properly. There are some methods that the events can call which might have the effect you need, such as the HealPlayer() method, which gives the player hp. To switch weapons, you could look at the SelectWeapon() coroutine of PlayerWeapons.cs (which is usually triggered by player input) and trigger it with an event. Hope this gives you some ideas.

There's some IK related assets on the Asset Store like Final IK, and it is possible with the default Unity features too. I have not worked with IK in Unity very much yet, so apologies I don't have a more complete answer.

As for the new asset, I've had some personal things happen which have needed my attention. The work is going well, I just don't have a fixed release date yet. Very sorry :( I will post updates here when I can.

50. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Hi guys, I need a little help...well, how could I control or send commands to a child gameobject(transform) of FPSPlayer?
    For example, I have an animator included in it, (in the child) that I want to move from the commands I send using a main script, but as this object is deactivated, it ends up not receiving the commands, only when activated, Anyway, is there any way to get around this? And yes, it's multiplayer related...

And Sorry for English...

Code here:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     public override void SimulateOwner()
    2.     {
    3.         #region "IsRemote"
    4.         if (Forward = Input.GetKey(KeyCode.W))
    5.         {
    6.             Resources.FindObjectsOfTypeAll(typeof(Animator));
    7.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("WalkFwdLoop", true);
    8.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("Idle", false);
    9.         }
    10.         else if (Backward = Input.GetKey(KeyCode.S))
    11.         {
    12.             Resources.FindObjectsOfTypeAll(typeof(Animator));
    13.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("WalkBwdLoop", true);
    14.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("Idle", false);
    15.         }
    16.         else if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.A))
    17.         {
    18.             Resources.FindObjectsOfTypeAll(typeof(Animator));
    19.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("WalkFwdLoop", true);
    20.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("idle", false);
    21.         }
    22.         else if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.D))
    23.         {
    24.             Resources.FindObjectsOfTypeAll(typeof(Animator));
    25.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("WalkFwdLoop", true);
    26.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("Idle", false);
    27.         }
    28.         else if (Sprint = Input.GetKey(KeyCode.LeftShift))
    29.         {
    30.             Resources.FindObjectsOfTypeAll(typeof(Animator));
    31.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("SprintFwdLoop", true);
    32.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("Idle", false);
    33.         }
    35.         else if (Jump = Input.GetKey(KeyCode.Space))
    36.         {
    37.             Resources.FindObjectsOfTypeAll(typeof(Animator));
    38.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("Jump", true);
    39.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("Idle", false);
    40.         }
    42.             else
    43.         {
    44.             Resources.FindObjectsOfTypeAll(typeof(Animator));
    45.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("WalkFwdLoop", false);
    46.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("WalkBwdLoop", false);
    47.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("SprintFwdLoop", false);
    48.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("Jump", false);
    49.             fpsPlayer.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>().SetBool("Idle", true);
    50.         }
    51.         #endregion "IsRemote"
    52.     }

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022