Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. AzulineStudios

AzulineStudios

You'll need to modify a few scripts to add this to RFPS. Starting with bypassing player control and NPC AI logic for the duration of the takedown, moving the characters into animation-alignment, then playing the synced takedown anims. There is support for melee backstab attacks in RFPS, which you could use as a starting point.

The new asset is more streamlined than RFPS and the workflow in the editor is improved. By inventory system, I mean ammo amount, weapon possession, and player health systems. The initial version will be focused on the FPS aspect, with more features added later.

Not sure yet about the publisher name. Price point should be similar to RFPS. Still working out details and the ETA.

I will keep you guys updated and thanks again for your continued interest :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    OZAV and Bioman75 like this.
  2. unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

I ask, why is the project not updated in current use? sorry

3. AzulineStudios

AzulineStudios

The original account was deleted, but I'm talking with Unity about recovering it. Thanks for your patience.

OZAV likes this.
  4. unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

it is very sad, because I need to change the behavior of the enemies but I can not how.

5. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

So are you trying to get your old forum account back or publisher account back to update the current RFPS?

6. WaqasGameDev

WaqasGameDev

Wait Wait Wait... You don't know how much I and my team had been trying to contact you! With money in the hand to confirm your RFPS. Can you please tell me the better and fastest way to contact you because my developers have shortlisted your RFPS kit to develop shooting games and we could not find it on unity. How can I buy RFPS?

7. AzulineStudios

AzulineStudios

If you want to modify the RFPS AI, I can give you some advice if that'd help.

After a few conversations with Unity, I've learned it's not technically possible :( I'd prefer to update RFPS, but the new asset is completely redone, so maybe it makes sense to keep RFPS in it's current state in case people have projects based on it.

Hi, email is the best way to reach me. Unfortunately I can't distribute RFPS right now. I responded to your email, thanks.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    WaqasGameDev and OZAV like this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey Azuline! I was thinking about making an animated weapons pack to sell on the asset store, and was wondering if you would give me permission to pre integrate it with RFPS?

AzulineStudios and OZAV like this.
  9. OZAV

OZAV

It would be great if the old Azuline account can be recovered by Azuline team and Unity. Perhaps some long-forgotten backup still exists somewhere at the Unity side ... At least - the community and asset have survived, and - as in every true quality - it's marching on. Yes, you can integrate any flying-driving thing with RFPS. And ... nope, we have simpler looking graphics for the editor screenshots - because we code and work the projects at the lower quality settings, as s-electable in Unity, for the fastest production process, which we recommend to everyone else developing Unity-anything, as well. You can always do graphics pump-up and what-not related prior the deployment stages. The wise man once said that - only simple is: simple :). RDA-CarDerby-AllVehicles.JPG

AzulineStudios likes this.
  10. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi OZAV,

"we have simpler looking graphics for the editor screenshots - because we code and work the projects at the lower quality settings, as s-electable in Unity, for the fastest production process,"

Something to be said for that for sure. People say I should turn on Post Processing and so on so my game/levels look better, which may well be true. Other than Directional Sunlight most of my levels don't have any other lights with shadows turned on or baked lighting. Heck my game and levels have so much content that despite Unity being quite clever in some ways, I am not sure I could ever successfully bake the lighting, and render out the game graphics with them set to high standards and or publish the full Game without Unity and or my system crashing :)

Probably not so perhaps I am wasting my time - before I get there I have to complete the "Basics".

e.g. here's a new screen shot. I have added more to my game thread in the Unity WIP Forum so don't want to duplicate them here and take up Unity's precious storage space.

Grab 20210225130710 w1280h547 x546y86z543r289.jpg

Due to public demand :) I will be changing my Shooter Game Title as follows :

Homo2_Logo.JPG

Regards

Peter

AzulineStudios and OZAV like this.
  11. OZAV

OZAV

... it looks surreal already ... good quality Pete, and the new name is very good, for our vote. After such quality point perhaps not that much processing is needed. While speaking good editor practices ... for that auto-bake in editor, for lighting - we always tick it off, since it kills the editor workflow and not making anything notably better. Same as for Profiler, when profiling is not used - the best is to keep it turned off, both consumes a lot of system resources, in general. Its important to work quick enough as well, which RFPS as an asset helps to a great degree, at the same time. Shared, for what it helps :).

12. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi OZAV,

Thanks for that.

Yes I always have those things turned off too :)

As to the content and quality of my particular project. There is as to be expected many things I am not happy about and would like to see being updated constantly or replaced with better quality content. e.g. Most of it :)

However one has to draw the line somewhere. I am not Sierra or Bungie so have to live with what I can do with limited resources unfortunately. Time especially at the moment as I cant find enough of it. I need 48 hours in a day!

Spending so much time fighting with Unity 2020.1.17 fixing issues in the game it is wearing me out. I just cant concentrate on the game making progress I should be making and that's annoying. Of course the fact that many of my assets are depreciated or not updated at all frequently does not help...

Even things like Unity Pro Builder are a pain in the butt. For years I have used it and updating it and it still keeps forgetting what material should be applied to an object and applying the default material so I am constantly having to redo stuff. Things like that are a real pain. If I was to spend a week publishing a game I could find many such materials missing when then playing it and have to try again!

Hey its all good fun and that's the point of the game (Not the making which is sometimes no fun at all). A game should be entertaining and fun to play and that's the main thing and that's what we should concentrate on in the first instance.

:) :)

Still at it and making progress but its painful at the moment.

OZAV and AzulineStudios like this.
  13. AzulineStudios

AzulineStudios

Sure, that sounds great, look forward to seeing your work :) Feel free to email if you have questions.

Deleted User likes this.
  14. petercoleman

petercoleman

Here's a long shot question probably already know the answer too - which is no easy way :)

I have set up a change SkyBox addition to My Day Night Environment System so I can change from a day to night time skybox within a single level. I change the lighting on the fly as well of course using a timed light fader. It all works OK except that the change of Skybox has no transition from one to another so looks a bit harsh in the swop. Of course I could make two versions of exactly the same Skybox (textures/material) just with a somewhat different colour depth and that together with fog would help iron out the main issue with not having a skybox transition....

I know such a thing is not easy to do in Unity and have seen some stuff about that on the web possibly using a shader which seems to be difficult and overkill as I want a simple solution that wont eat up fps. I cant afford that just for what I want to do.

Anyway I thought I would ask if anyone knows a simple way to transition from one skybox (material) to another or similar...

Its no big deal and I will work with what I have and improve it until I find something else better.

One a high as I seem to have fixed my pro with Unity not finding Visual Studio and things seem to be working more smoothly now - hopefully :)

Regards to all

Peter

OZAV likes this.
  15. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Hi guys, today I finished the "Base Helicopter Controller" system
    to be able to work together with Realistic Fps Prefab,
    (I already got everything ready and set up)
    the system is simple, but I needed to make some changes to the original helicopter code ...

Base Helicopter Controller:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/physics/base-helicopter-controller-40107
    (As I said I modified it, in which case the original asset store will not work)

Youtube tutorial:

Sorry for my English, i'm Brazilian

OZAV likes this.
  16. C_Occlusion

C_Occlusion

To Azuline....I will buy your new product immediately....RFPS is my favorite prefab...be sure to let us know when it is ready.?..can't wait....good to see that you are still active...keep up the good work

17. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi All,

Relation a previous post of mine a little earlier here's a screen shot of what I am working on as additions at the moment..

I have finished my smooth transition of Day and Night Sky Boxes. Screen shot shows the Night Sky Box transitioned from a brighter Day Time Sky Box. This works by also managing the transition of Ambient Light in the scene to change it to whatever color and brightness is required. Fog can be fully adjusted at the same time if necessary. This is all done in house using a script I actually already had in my collection and not realized until today after looking around unsuccessfully for a simple external solution without spending a fortune. This works perfectly. Is not expensive on performance and is a simple breeze to get it up and running :) I am a happy chappie tonight :)

Of course I also already had an alternative day night Light system for managing transition of "Sunlight and Moonlight directional lights" in my own Environment system but in this screenshot instance they are not need at all so a saving on performance there. That can be used when extended control of scene lighting effects are needed for more effect...

Screen shot also shows new addition of a HUD I am working on and level Objective text display. These are individual key press "Toggle" items so are off by default. I am thinking of adding Thermal Night Vision to the HUD but at the moment cant find a solution I can put together myself - another difficult one that :)

HUDshot.jpg

Regards

Peter

18. BrockTheCreator

BrockTheCreator

The UFPS controller is very self-contained. It takes at least a medium level understanding of unity.

19. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Hello guys,
    how can I convert Player Character.cs into a script where it can move from keys?
    Example:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.A))
    2.         {
    3.         }
    4.         if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.D))
    5.         {
    6.         }
    7.         if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.W))
    8.         {
    9.         }
    10.         if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.S))
    11.         {
    12.         }

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    OZAV likes this.
  20. petercoleman

petercoleman

Night Vision

NightVision.jpg

Peter

21. unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

One thing that is needed is to modify the AI script so that enemies hide when they are hit. Instead they remain stationary. Where can I find the part of the code to modify?

22. unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

curious, even protected dies.

curioso.JPG

23. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi ProBrStalker,

Not sure what you mean there? The RFPS Player can move with WASD or the Arrow keys by default out of the box.

Peter

24. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi HXHaJCGlX3uAzg,

Looks to me that the Enemy there has a direct line of sight to the Player and can see the Player....

Of course in when in attack/hearing range an Enemy will move towards the Player to a position where he can see the Player, then shoot if within shoot range....if he has a line of sight to the Player. Try a test where an Enemy is hidden from the Player view behind a large Wall (create cube) (make sure it is set as Static) and the Enemy is set to "Stand" turn down the Enemy Hearing range. If the Enemy cannot see or hear the Player he should not attack or shoot. If he does then try adding a Nav Mesh Obstacle component to the Wall and try baking the scene.

If waiting behind a wall as described above an Enemy should not attack until the Player moves to a position where the Enemy can see or hear him.

An Enemy can sometimes shoot (and see) through objects (walls etc) at the Player due to a variety of reasons...

25. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi HXHaJCGlX3uAzg,

Look at your Enemy characters properties settings and find his listed AI script. Open it in Notepad ++ or other editor of choice and do a search references for "hit, Hit, or "if Hit" or similar until you can find something that looks like where he reacts to being hit in code. That's all I can suggest personally as I am no expert in editing NPC AI scripts. Make sure you make a backup copy of the Script you are editing first and keep it safe somewhere in case things go wrong....

RFPS does not have advanced enemy behaviors but with care and attention to setting them up in game play scenarios and perhaps working with additional animations in new animators and so on some good game play stuff can be achieved...

If you want advanced AI behaviours then you would indeed need to update the RFPS code perhaps extensively throughout numerous scripts....which is not for the faint hearted I should think....

Alternatively you would perhaps need some other AI behaviours asset you could integrate with RFPS and get to p[lay nicely with it.....

Again not an easy task I would think as there are obstacles like depreciated assets to consider....

But I am no expert sorry :)

Perhaps AzulineStudios is the best person to help with all of these things or perhaps if you are lucky if he publishes a new RFPS version that may be better or not so as the case may be.

Regards

Peter

26. petercoleman

petercoleman

That's enough of me - I am out of here for a while and wont bother you further for a while...

I need to take a break from this and the Eye candy stuff I have been working on recently and get my head down and back to the boring solid game project making stuff like building more content, adding more levels perhaps, more detail, more walls, more grass, more terrain textures, more sounds, more dynamic game play, more AI, more talking characters and much more..updating all as I go where it takes my fancy :)

Catcha later, perhaps much later when I have something more of value to add or show...

Regards to all

Peter

27. AzulineStudios

AzulineStudios

Thanks C_Occlusion, appreciate it. I'll post some updates here when it gets closer to being finished. Most of the systems are ready, just working on animations now.

Hi, the player is probably being hit behind cover because the eye height of the NPC allows them to look over the top of the barrel and "see" the collider of the player, which might be slightly taller than the player model when crouching. You could try decreasing the NPC's Eye Height variable of its AI.cs component.

In the ApplyDamage() method of CharacterDamage.cs, you could add a check to see if the NPC is damaged, then read that information in AI.cs, where you can bypass the NPC's attack behavior and make them move to an area with cover.

Nice work! Maybe you could get bright objects to glow over the thermal nightvision background by increasing bright object's material emission value or swapping their material with a thermal effect when nightvision is active. If the materials are bright enough, the bloom post processing effect can make them stand out too.

Interesting question, it seems like fading between skyboxes would require a custom shader. This page seems to have a good discussion. A simpler solution could be using two "sky spheres" (hemispheres) or actual large sky cube meshes that envelope the whole level and are mapped to the sky box textures. The material could be a default transparent unlit shader, then fade the transparency of the day skybox and night skybox shaders as needed. You could deactivate the current skybox object that is not visible, until it is time to fade it again. You'll need to access the material instance of the skyboxes to fade the transparency, but maybe simpler than using a custom shader.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  28. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@AzulineStudios Don't forget about us who use this for RPG games (sword and shield folks) :)

StevenPicard and AzulineStudios like this.
  29. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Hello Peter, thanks for responding to the topics, but what I meant was that I would like to be able to move the third person's body using the keys: Because as I am working with the bolt, I am trying to create a remote controller, and well I just had the idea of using the PlayerCharacter script as one, as it is extremely useful to be able to configure the player in addition, so it is possible to have so much first person and Third person in the game ...

30. paulojsam

paulojsam

if a person bought the previous rfps will be able to upgrade for free the new one? or what price do you have in mind?

31. alonehuntert

alonehuntert

I think I finished the UI for my game and created a temporary map, although I didn't struggle a bit.

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      735.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      708 KB
      Views:
  32. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi AzulineStudios,

Night Vision : Yes there are a lot of things that can make it better. I added it as a matter of getting the principle/feature/function it place . Currently as with the HUD additions I added recently. They have now been disabled as the night vision in particular is somewhat expensive in performance hit and if I update it later it will be when I work on perfecting these things later nearer the end of development. I made it up myself and I am sure a better solution could be found. The night vision requires an additional Camera and together with the HUD items I added they are all attached to the Player Camera Main as Children Items all having toggle trigger scripts to turn them on or off as separate items as required. :)

SKYBOX Transition between two Sky Boxes : That I already have working perfectly and with no performance hit I can see. I use a Script I had in my collection from an asset install that can swop an existing 6 sided Sky Box material for another completely different one - in addition it controls the time delay and length of fade/swop and also can at the same time change the fog and ambient light of the level to whatever is required so its a complete change of environment/mood as required. A pro feature and excellent.

Peter

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  33. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi ProBrStalker,

Sorry I know nothing of BOLT so cant help you there. Still not sure what you are asking for but depending upon the version of RFPS you are using if you have one of the latest versions then both First Person and Third Person are included if thats what you mean? If so then you can find settings to turn on or off either view in the Player properties panel settings.

Hope that helps.

Peter

34. Deleted User

Deleted User

Do you mean you want to remotely control the character, just not play as it? If so, removing all the cameras should work fine. If you want info on changing the input though, I'm afraid I can't really help you with that.

35. unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

I wanted to show that bullets pass obstacles. For the NPC I will make some changes in the code. Thanks.

36. AzulineStudios

AzulineStudios

Hi @SickaGamer, basic melee weapons will be in the first version. Sword and shield would be in an update, if not the initial version.

Hi @ProBrStalker, one thing you can try is switching the player to third person mode, then disabling the CameraControl.cs component attached to the main camera. This will allow the player to move with the arrow keys while the camera stays in the place it was when CameraControl.cs was disabled. You'd need to add some code to rotate the player with control input when in this free-camera style mode though. If you made the camera turn to keep the player in view, it would basically be like a classic Resident Evil/survival horror third person mode. Hope that helps.

Hi @paulojsam, I've been trying to make that happen, but there are technical issues with getting access to the original AzulineStudios account :( The new asset would be about the same price as RFPS. still working out the details. Thanks for your patience.

Nice @alinuryt, you're off to a good start :)

37. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

It would be awesome if in a future update once your new FPS is launched if you could add some two handed weapons and casting motions :)

Mark_01 likes this.
  38. alonehuntert

alonehuntert

@AzulineStudios Is there an inventory system that I can add to my rfpsp project?

39. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

If you are lucky enough to have S-Inventory, it works quite well with Tony Li's integration.

40. Deleted User

Deleted User

Here's some progress on a game I'm working on using rfpsp:

Also, to azuline studios, I think it would be pretty cool to make a discord server for updates and help on assets and stuff, just a suggestion though :)

WaqasGameDev likes this.
  41. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

Is this a completely rewritten asset or just an update of the last version? Someone else also suggested a discord channel and while I don't find them overly intuitive, it would certainly be a place where like minded people can get together and you can keep everyone informed of progress.

WaqasGameDev likes this.
  42. ProBrStalker

ProBrStalker

Hello azuline, thanks for being back, but I am creating a second third person body, which is located inside FPSPlayer, and that when it is connected the scene becomes invisible to me, and visible to the other player, so I am in search for something related, I also duplicated the PlayerCharacter.cs script, and edited and renamed it to ProxyBodyAnimatorScript, and attached it to the child of the FPSPlayer, in this case the Proxy (Remote Player), thus keeping the 3rd person as the first.

43. AzulineStudios

AzulineStudios

That's a good idea. Single and double handed melee weapons are planned, but casting animations would be an interesting addition too.

Nice game and thanks for the suggestion! Will probably make a Discord server once the new asset is closer to release.

Hi @bsimser, I would prefer to update RFPS, but I don't have access to the account and the new asset is completely rewritten. The design of the new asset is different enough that it makes sense for it to be released separately. I'll probably be starting up a Discord server and I will have some progress to share soon.

Hi @ProBrStalker, sure. Yes that is one of the features that's needed for a multi-user session of RFPS. Certain effects need to be invisible to the controlling player, but visible to the other players. Sounds like you're making progress. Let me know if you have any more questions.

44. unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

Does anyone have a solution for doing this?

solution.jpg

45. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm not really an expert at ai and stuff, but try placing the navmesh obstacle component on the wall. If you already have, make sure the navmesh obstacle collider is correctly scaled to the size of the wall. Hope this helps :)

46. Bioman75

Bioman75

Draw a raycast from the ai to the player and when it can connect it targets the player.

47. paulojsam

paulojsam

when will the new rfps version be released?

48. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg,

There may be a few simple things you can do here you can try.

1. Make sure you "Bake" the navmesh for the level so NPC's can navigate around the level e.g. Terrain and any obstacles.

2. Check the AI "Hearing Range" so any an AI can hear the Player moveing.

3. Turn on the AI setting "Hunt Player" so the AI will always search for the Player wherever he is :)
    (You could instead use the "Follow" Player setting instead in which case the AI will seek the Player but not necessarily without stopping if there are other "Player friendly characters (FACTION 1) in the scene as the AI enemy is then more likely to stop to shoot at them first if they are nearer than the Player. Of course this presumes that the AI enemy is a "Ranged Character" which it looks like he is not. Looks like he is a Zombie without a ranged weapon to shoot so you should check that his attack range is far enough distant so he will move to the Player and his "Shoot range is set to close proximity" e.g. 2.5 or perhaps less is attacking with fists. Also check out the "Is Melee" setting in The AI attack properties.

4. Of course make sure the Faction of the AI is set to Enemy of course - Faction 2

5. Check the AI is not below the level of the Terrain - e.g. lift him up a little bit and if you have the Navemesh baked then he will fall to the Terrain when the level runs.

One or more of those combined things should do it.

Its not that difficult so a process of elimination will do it :)

If those things do not work then it is a more serious issue. Check the console for any errors and fix them.

Lastly check out and play the RFPS Demo scene and run it if the AI enemies work correctly there then you know its not a problem with "Them" and is an issue within your level/AI.

Regards

Peter

49. unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

that was the problem. there was not navmesh obstacle.
    :)

50. Deleted User

Deleted User

Glad to help. :)