Search Unity

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I don't know what it means either. I'm certainly not dishing out any bans. People are perfectly within their rights to complain (if it is constructive, polite and they don't keep on doing so). Make the points, move on etc.

Depreciated assets are a normal part of life on the asset store though. And from any business. I'm sure people invested in mixamo at one point.

However I strongly recommend any depreciated assets be moved to pure open source: the author should not worry about people being pissed off if they bought it: I bought textmesh pro and now it's part of Unity. Heck, I recommended it be part of Unity. And I paid for it.

Sometimes we pay to make something better for all of us, not just ourselves.

But I'm rambling: If an asset is depreciated, I strongly recommend github + open source like Ceto did. Why? because even though people who DID pay for it... will get community support rather than nothing at all :)

Winner, right?

edit: made a proper post about it: https://forum.unity.com/threads/make-your-assets-open-source-when-you-depreciate-them.649828/

llJIMBOBll, Flurgle, jons190 and 3 others like this.
  2. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Agree. There are so many decent assets with huge followings that could take the reins and continue its development.

JBR-games likes this.
  3. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Heck Hippocoder mate, why you bring out the B* word??? :)

My asset collection is about 30% deprecated assets at this point I think, I can still get them all to download though which is what I love about the Unity account area. I dont have to worry about having a local copy saved on my PC.

I agree about moving to open source, if the dev has no intention of bringing the asset back and updating it. However not sure many would want to do that because I bet deep down many devs think that one day they will return to their assets.

Quite a few devs told me how they were deprecated by error automatically by Unity, for example having JS code when they dont have any. So no idea how many assets were deprecated and the devs are AFK without know it.

JBR-games likes this.
  4. jons190

jons190

Hey there. I sue the sword and shield in my games. it should be setup automatically. Do you ahve more info on your problem?

So sword and shield and katana are already available as weapon choices. There are some tutorials on how to replace weapons sets floating around the forum. The real kicker on swapping out weapons, is that you have to jump into blender or 3d studio of softimage and make sure the animations are all correct then reimport into Unity as .fbx

On the early versions of RFPS is you could just swap out the weapon model, but now I think you have to rig up whole new animations and anchor points. I actually have to swap out some weapons/swords, but have not gotten around to it yet. maybe I'll start and see if I can't figure it out.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  5. jons190

jons190

2018.16f1

6. Weblox

Weblox

Does RFPS still work in 2018.3.6 ?

7. franky_li

franky_li

Yes, I have it running in 2018.3.8

TonyLi and Weblox like this.
  8. Weblox

Weblox

Awesome! Thanks a bunch... :p

9. TheChairMaster64

TheChairMaster64

@Weblox and @TonyLi Hey thanks a lot the boss now has its health bar. The boss fight starts at 2:00 this is also a small update to my game.

OZAV, F0GZ, jons190 and 3 others like this.
  10. jons190

jons190

Somewhere there is a "cast shadow on eapon" checkbox.... Kinda forget where at the moment, but I know I've seen it buried deep int he hiarchy.

11. jons190

jons190

hey just saw this, will dig down into it this weekend.
    Working on intergrating the save system at the moment.

12. jons190

jons190

Drat! So all this week I have been setting up the save system and have this scene transition working in the editor perfectly, but alas, it does not work in VR. (Oculus SDK/android) I suspect it has something to do with the world space render setting on the canvas.
    I have quickly tried to set it on overlay and camera overly to no avail, but I suspect it should be set to camera overlay, with the weapons camera, but I'll have to play with the setting of the canvas on the FPS_main prefab. (setting things at the proper distance always is a troublesome process with rfps prefab)

Anyway, just wanted to sound out and see if this all sounds about right to you or if I am missing something simple. Cheers mate!

13. TonyLi

TonyLi

You could try setting the scene fader canvas to Screen Space - Camera with a Plane Distance of 1.

jons190 likes this.
  14. OZAV

OZAV

... we are the fans only of the using RFPS as it was originally, and modifying inside of your project only, to your desired needs, and is the actually the original idea of the rfps dev's as well. Sharing the code itself (that you have not made yourself, to fit for the rfps uses) outside the asset would be already sounding like a problem, and we don't recommend it, for our vote here, on that one :). RDA-Zombie-InTheArrows.JPG

15. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Weblox likes this.
  16. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

The video should still be fine.

Weblox likes this.
  17. OZAV

OZAV

18. F0GZ

F0GZ

milox777, TonyLi, Gua and 2 others like this.
  19. OZAV

OZAV

Good work, nice to see the link already for the Steam. I would say, if it counts:
    ... apply a bit of compressor and a bit of mid freq reduction to the all weapon sounds,
    ... this demo requires some ai, to get a feel of the game or demo
    ... avoid showing blooded hands to the players, for too long like that, it's annoying
    ... enable use of game pads (code is already inside the RFPS, just adjust it to AAA games layout, such as Farcry, or Halo, such as "A" for jump, "X" for use, "Y" for cycle weapons, "B" crouch, left trigger for aim, right trigger for shoot, right bumper grenades, left stick in for sprint, right stick in for melee, etc, etc ... for game pads.
    ... don't give such a low price, people will not appreciate it properly, raise to at least $5, it has that quality i would say, as much as we can see
    ... we have purchased, to support, anything RFPS based is just way too cool to miss
    ... what's the game title, would be nice to know, since you seem to have a few titles for that game ? "everyone dies" like your video title says, and "3.04" as on the steam listing, it says 3.04 there ?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  20. F0GZ

F0GZ

"Everyone Dies" is a different game, my second if to be exact.
    That price low, because some people did not like the game and did not buy the game without discounts.
    So my new game will cost around 5$. I will work with sounds. For a new game will conduct beta testing.

(03.04 is a date of terrorist attack In Saint-Petersburg - 4.3.2017 to be precise (03.04 cause of Russian date))

OZAV likes this.
  21. GWStudio

GWStudio

how to stop restart scene after die i have tried to delete the function from fpsplayer script but the scene still restarting after die any ideas ??

22. TonyLi

TonyLi

Comment out the last line of FPSPlayer's Die method:
    Code (csharp):
    1. //levelLoadFadeRef.FadeAndLoadLevel(Color.black, 1.2f, false);

23. GWStudio

GWStudio

Thank u its worked .. another question please I want to stop auto reloading so I have commenting out line 1187 //StartCoroutine("Reload"); in weapon behavior script its worked but the empty clip sound doesn't work any more what I missing any idea to make empty clip sound work ??!!

24. Gua

Gua

25. TonyLi

TonyLi

Try commenting out this condition on line 1266:
    Code (csharp):
    1. //&& ammo <= 0

26. GWStudio

GWStudio

its not working the empty clip audio still not playing :(

27. TonyLi

TonyLi

Try tracing through with the debugger. I haven't traced it, but it looks like that should work.

GWStudio likes this.
  28. GWStudio

GWStudio

sorry but i didn't understand what is tracing through with the debugger i have no coding knowledge :oops:

29. TonyLi

TonyLi

Perfect opportunity to expand your skills! Unity has a good tutorial: Debugging Unity games in Visual Studio.

GWStudio, jons190, OZAV and 2 others like this.
  30. F0GZ

F0GZ

All animations are mine. I bought only rfpsp and some models.

Gua and OZAV like this.
  31. OZAV

OZAV

... a small update on the IK for the RFPS stock characters, (using our RDA framework for every research and publishing, as usual), we can help you with their IK if you have any issues, so you can get your RFPS stock characters to aim properly up or down, if the player is higher, or lower. After the IK for them is done - it makes them much better AI, and - on the quality level with anything else you can get from elsewhere for such purposes. Here, we have good results by now, even if (in this case) FPS Player is under the floor, at one level lower - but they can still sense and point to aim towards player properly, so it's all good there. TeamViewer is advised as the best method, for our direct access to project, with our NDA agreement first, it's the quickest-best way, avoiding hours of downloading / uploading projects or their parts otherwise, you are welcome, for all RFPS community, if we can help that way, about that issue. Members also, please, keep and protect our quality here, collaborate and learn to help each other, it's the only way ahead. RDA-Deck-C.JPG

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  32. GWStudio

GWStudio

I saw the video and i did what he said.. but i don't know what i should do next :(

33. TonyLi

TonyLi

Commenting out that line (//&& ammo <= 0) works fine for me. If I comment out that line and also comment out StartCoroutine("Reload"), then it plays the out of ammo sound.

34. GWStudio

GWStudio

okay i figure it out i have to add couple of lines
    //Start automatic reload if player is out of ammo and firing time has elapsed to allow finishing of firing animation and sound
    if (bulletsLeft <= 0
    && Time.time - shootStartTime > fireRate
    && (canShoot || FPSWalkerComponent.sprintReload)
    && doReload){
    if( ammo > 0
    && InputComponent.firePress
    && !IronsightsComponent.reloading
    && !PlayerWeaponsComponent.switching
    && !FPSWalkerComponent.hideWeapon
    && ((startTime + readyTimeAmt) < Time.time)){
    //StartCoroutine("Reload");
    otherfx.volume = 1.0f;
    otherfx.clip = noammoSnd;
    otherfx.PlayOneShot(otherfx.clip, 1.0f / otherfx.volume);
    thank u for helping me :D
    i have one more issue about timed event script in quest machine the problem is that the time and frame doesn't work i mean the action doesn't fire when the time out??!!

35. GWStudio

GWStudio

in what line
    //Play noammo sound and manage other states where player can't fire weapon
    if (InputComponent.fireHold){
    if(cantFireState
    && canShoot
    && (bulletsLeft <= 0 && doReload)
    //&& ammo <= 0
    && !meleeIfNoAmmo
    && AnimatorComponent.GetCurrentAnimatorStateInfo(0).normalizedTime > 0.65f){
    otherfx.volume = 1.0f;
    otherfx.clip = noammoSnd;
    otherfx.PlayOneShot(otherfx.clip, 1.0f / otherfx.volume);
    shooting = false;
    cantFireState = false;

36. GWStudio

GWStudio

sorry my mistake activate on start should be checked ...

37. GameMunchers

GameMunchers

Can someone please help me with this Ultimate Inventory, so basically I set it up and everything with the tutorial on how to integrate it with RFPS It worked but there was no part 2. So basically all I am trying to do is make it so when you consume something in the inventory it applies to the players stats like food, health and etc. When reading the Ultimate Survival manual it says this right here: (failed to upload so I manually uploaded picture below)

So what I am thinking is I am supposed to add the same component that RFPS has to consume food and ect. So I tried to copy and paste it but I got a whole bunch of errors and what not. Can anyone help me out?!
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

38. Deki3d-Virus

Deki3d-Virus

How to make simple cover for AI when see player first take cover and shoot???

39. GWStudio

GWStudio

Hi everyone i am trying to integrate RFPS with s inventory but i have an error in s-inventory equipments script line 187
    TempObj = Instantiate(DefaultItem,MyTransform.position,MyTransform.rotation) as GameObject;
    with console show this error CS0039: Cannot convert type 'UnityEngine.Transform' to 'UnityEngine.GameObject' via a reference conversion, boxing conversion, unboxing conversion, wrapping conversion, or null type conversion

40. TonyLi

TonyLi

Did you change the S-Inventory code? In the original S-Inventory code, TempObj and DefaultItem are both GameObjects. You could try this: (1) back up your project, (2) import Equipment.cs from the original S-Inventory package.

41. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

FYI - I updated my copy of RFPSP to Unity 2019.1. I only had a couple of errors related to the update.

• TextMesh Pro - Per the unity forum post, you have to change your Script Runtime version to .NET 4.x Equivalent. Errors went away
    • ImageEffectsBase – warnings: supportsImageEffects always returns true, so I commented out lines 20 to 24
    • PostEffectsBase – warnings: Same as above, so I commented out lines 97 to 101
    Since I have the Edy's car in my scene, I had to fix the mesh collider for the Top of the blue truck since for some reason it lost the reference. Easy enough, just click the Bottom, find the mesh for the bottom and assign the mesh for the Top to the Top collider.

Takahama likes this.
  42. Mohamad-Elgabbas

Mohamad-Elgabbas

hi everyone i have performance issue with RFPS after few call to restart scene throw " SceneManager.LoadScene(SceneManager.GetActiveScene().name);" the game performance drop at the scene start i got 3 FPS to 15 fps max normally getting 120 or more FPS try to look at the profiler and found more than 1000 node of "FixedUpdate.PhysicsFixedUpdate" the game at first time load have only one node of "FixedUpdate.PhysicsFixedUpdate" until i keep restart and get the 1000 nodes. it happen randomly some time after 3 restart some times after 10 but never at the first load.
    i updateed unity from version 2018.3.6 to 2018.3.13 and the problem still exist.

Attached Files:

43. GWStudio

GWStudio

I did't change any code i import it in new project reimport Equipment.cs but still have the error
    using unity 2018.3
    S-Inventory 1.25

44. OZAV

OZAV

Oky, we hear you ... ... ... so for our advice - maybe to try a few of the useful tests:
    Are U sure that you don't have 2 players in the scene ? Are U sure that you don't have 2 players extra parts in the scene ? Try play that scene with Profiler turned off (does frames performance still suffers ?) Try with a backup (older) version of your FPS Main (player) in the same scene. Try separate with a both (older) (and current) version of your FPS Main (player) in the NEW clean scene. And .. in general - don't play a scene in the Unity editor with Profiler on, unless you need to debug something. Do you still get the same results after all of this tested ? RDA-MutagenParticles-Orange.JPG

45. Mohamad-Elgabbas

Mohamad-Elgabbas

A0101A thanks for your reply
    i will tell what i'm sure about:
    1-i'm sure i have only 1 player
    2-i used profiler because the drop in the fps on real device (i use RFPS on mobile game) so when i try to figure the reason i used the profiler

what annoying me it's totally random so some time it could play fine after 10 restart or less the drop in frames happened i thought it could happen to other people who use RFPS . i just wish to know what script make this happen (i'm not good to extract details from profiler). i edit maybe all the scripts of the Rfps (so it could be something i did) but i don't believe i edit something that could generate that random loop. i will try to tested on clean scene with default RFPS

46. OZAV

OZAV

... I see ... there are 2 (two) options to this: 1 Script that came default with RFPS, for the Ladder is well known for doing astronomic spikes like that, but - the reason for it is still unknown to me.
    2 If you (ever) wrote any update (or void) function inside another one - you get infinite loops, ALSO you can get the, same if you for an instance write 2 IEnumerators inside a void (or update) function or one IEnumerator inside another or similar messes like that. So in C# - I don't think your coding is wrong, i don't believe that ...but - be very careful in C# less important what do you declare, but more importantly: where you declare the things and functions and this is is (most common) mistake that everyone does, including header sections and what not. So I would check these few things next. I have earlier released BetterRFPSLadder script and asset for download here, so you can read back on this forum, download it and ditch temporary out of use default Ladder script and try that way, as well, to see what happens next, so 3 new options here for you to try now. Update us here - how did it go with that, so we can all learn more about this case, hope it helps.
    RDA-Mutagen-Particles-TheHouse-2.JPG

JamesArndt likes this.
  47. Mohamad-Elgabbas

Mohamad-Elgabbas

thanks for help i think the problem is fixed now. i was spawning the enemies randomly throw 100 spawn point few of them were above the ground when i close them to the ground and tested few times the drop in the fps did't happen while testing "still not sure". hope it will be okay now

OZAV likes this.
  48. OZAV

OZAV

... ummm ... that case, maybe it's better (for your scene as the such) to get one of the spawners from the store with the inbuilt Pooling, rather than just any spawner without it. It can prevent any astronomic spikes in the code and the fps drops, so I would also make one test like that. Remember - always keep a track what is last object added to the scene when the bad things started happening, it's rather a scene skill and a very good preventive debug strategy, and always use alternative scenes as well, for separate tests of individual objects when problems happen, also: always have around at least 3 safe copy prefabs of FPS Main Player prefab, that you never touch, and use (by resaving in the scene as a player) as you player - any time you might need with the project. Such safe copies of PFS Main player I would suggest should be made during the times when everything runs well with the player object :). RDA-Saucers-Gate.JPG

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Mohamad-Elgabbas likes this.
  49. Kargaltsev

Kargaltsev

Guys could you tell me please, I need to leave only hands individual and only a certain weapons, suppose a pistol and a knife, as this can be done?

Google Переводчик

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  50. Takahama

Takahama

Hello
    I'm trying to figure out how to make weapon model darker under shadow with 2 camera setup
    as i can see, code of it is on WeaponBehavior.cs between line 1059 and 1083
    but there is no values to tweak around :(

My request is: Someone with experience can tell steps to make it adjustable in inspector?
    Thanks!