Search Unity

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Azuline-Studios, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

Just DONT go with ufps or ufps 2 his code is absolute crap and a nightmare to work with. Once they got bought by opsive it went down hill extremely fast since all he wanted was to release a new product with nil competition. Ufps2 is also far far more expensive than it's worth. Example while he was working on ufps 2, ufps 1 hadhad multi system breaking bugs had been discovered rather than fix and push a path he just expected you to sift thru the forum for the user provided fix. He wouldnt even Sticky the post...if that's his behavior when he hasn't even released the sequel then I can't even imagine it after.

A0101A likes this.
  2. opsive

opsive

(UFPS developer here)

I'm disappointed that RFPS was deprecated as it was our closest competitor and competition is always a good thing. Anyway I don't want to keep posting in the RPFS thread about UFPS so if you have any questions feel free to use the Ultimate Character Controller thread.

I'm actually really surprised to hear that - for version 2 we went to great lengths specifically to make it extensible. You have the ability system which allows you to add new functionality without touching any of the scripts within UFPS. Beyond abilities you also have Item Abilities, View Types, and Effects that you can also easily extend. Every method is commented, no runtime garbage allocation, abstract base classes and interfaces so you can implement your own logic, etc.

The goal of version 2 was to combine the best parts from UFPS and our existing asset, the Third Person Controller, into one asset. We spent 2 years developing this solution so it wasn't a "hurry up and release version 2" type of situation. During that time both UFPS and TPC continued to receive updates.

I don't remember your specific case but UFPS received a few updates with bug fixes while we were developing version 2. Version 1 even received an update in December after UFPS 2 was released which added support for Unity 2018.3.

If you're referring to the PUN addon pack then yes, for that I did point people to the threads because I didn't have enough of an understanding of that addon in order to fix things properly. I also offered refunds to people who couldn't get the PUN addon working specifically because of any bugs that I couldn't fix.

Anyway if you read the reviews for any of our assets you'll see that our products are well supported and overall I've received really good feedback about version 2. If you have any more questions about UFPS 2 feel free to post within the UCC thread.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  3. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

I've only used Opsive's Third Person Controller so far, and I've found it easy to use. Once I get the First Person piece, I can let you know what I think (feel free to PM me @Paul-Swanson ).

TheMessyCoder and opsive like this.
  4. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

Sometimes assets get depreciated and then magically reappear in a few weeks. I am hoping this is the case.

A0101A likes this.
  5. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I have another question: since RFPSP has been deprecated, does this mean anybody will be able to access the asset for free, similarly to Shader Forge? It'd be a shame to see it go to waste, and it'd be great to see frequent users of the asset contribute code and bug fixes on a dedicated Github page.

6. TonyLi

TonyLi

No, it's still Azuline Studios' property unless they decide to make it open source. But that isn't likely since their post says that they might put it back on the store one day.

A0101A likes this.
  7. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I see. That's a fair point.

8. A0101A

A0101A

RFPS-LIVES-JAN-2019-RDA-Tank-Scene.JPG And, until the Azuline re-lists RFPS again (some day) back on the store, we, as the members here of the RFPS movement should keep the forum here, and work on our issues, and help each others here with assistance and our own code / assets releases for everyone, normally as we do here. (The asset is probably on the parking for the creating much better new version), but never mind - the RFPS movement lives, the true RFPS heroes (and members) will stay, and keep working here, till the new releases of the asset, which by the way, to say it - will be awesome [ as always ]. There is still (so much) to do, with our existing versions, and production needs here, so don't get disturbed much by the what's probably another asset (service) pause, currently. BTW: all deprecated assets (as only the RFPS version 1.44 here) can be still downloaded in your "Downloads" section, each time you login on the Store, as well, so no damage here by this version 1.44 being depreacted, to anyone's (continued) RFPS productions. View attachment 369673

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  9. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

I don't think you can modify his code and share it.
    He didn't release this as open source did he? He just stopped selling it.

He still owns the rights and copying the code to distribute is still piracy even if it's free.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  10. A0101A

A0101A

And, in what movie do you live ? No one suggested 'modifying his code' and 'share it', if you read this thread (at all) you will know that we share only our own original works here that fit with this asset, and for free, and so many of us. No one said 'he still doesn't own the rights'. No one here suggests to 'distribute his code'. I haven't seen you much on this forum before, what's your real intention here. Stop misinterpreting what we do or say here, and stop harming our appreciation for this asset. To earn your place here first and than comment would be a honest thing to do instead, when you know what's actually going on here. This asset and dev need not to be defended here, not against the dedicated contributing members here on this thread, so please stop spreading negative insinuations like that, and your own misinterpretations of who says what, and read properly what is being said, done (and contributed) to this asset by the members here, and become a part of the movement, if you have anything real and quality to share with the RFPS users, for that part you are welcome here, but not for playing police against the most dedicated RFPS members here. So now you properly know at least where you are, when it comes to this asset thread, and who does what around here, and what we do: not, around here, as well.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  11. Weblox

Weblox

Calm fellahs - @TheMessyCoder is a good guy :p

Mark_01, TheMessyCoder and TonyLi like this.
  12. TonyLi

TonyLi

@TheMessyCoder has said good things about RFPSP for years. He runs a popular Twitch channel where he interviews Asset Store publishers. I think he was just saying that, while it's great for the RFPSP community to contribute their own code, just remember not to share the actual RFPSP code while you're at it.

13. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

My post wasnt meant to be aggressive saying "you are a horribly hacker!"

I posted as a question asking if he is now distributing this code as opensource, if not then he still owns it and you cannot distribute it.

Sorry man I have no idea who you are but obviously have touched a nerve. It does look like you didn't read the comments before my post so your reply is pretty strange and hostile.

My comment was based posts which specifically mentioned that the code can still be modified and shared on the forum.

That was what I was addressing as this happens a lot where people set up git repos and share asset code. Many times by people who say that they didn't realise that they couldn't do that even if the asset was deprecated on the store.

This quote here:
    If that comment was regarding own code and none of the original code then I apologise, that was not how I interpreted it. I thought this was a case of someone thinking again that deprecated means open source.

Also after that post a similar question by EEE which Tony answered (sorry didnt see that till after):
    I agree I havent been too active on this forum this past year because I did not see the point to be honest. It has been a year and half since the last time the developer replied to me with support, since then the support I received was from the community and not the dev. So I gave up trying. I had dev fatigue for assets which were not being actively supported by the developer himself.

Hopefully everyone has earned their place just being members of the unity community and users of this product.
    But I like to think I did offer something back to the rFPSp community by creating tutorials and videos for this asset.
    Unfortunately I also spent over 2 months working on a dedicated series of tutorials for this asset and created hours of footage which will never see the light of day as I could not support another asset where the dev was not active. After my last video I uploaded for this asset I could not bring myself to upload another.
    The community members on this forum are far better people than I.

Sorry I cannot agree with this at all. I have nothing against the dev personally and if he had issues which prevented him from supporting his asset and communicating with people then I feel bad for him. But it had been long enough that he could have communicated this and stated that the asset will not be supported officially and is only being supported by the community. "Buyer beware".
    In November I asked again if this asset was still being supported by the Dev, he didnt reply and now its deprecated.

Why am I here? I am on this thread as a disappointed user and annoyed that all the potential that I had dreamed about a refactored cleaned up version 2 will not come to be. rFPSprefab was my favourite FPS kit on the store. In my opinion its 3rd person was better than standalone 3rd person kits (wont mention any names on here). I was even running a series for reviewing FPS kits which if this asset was being supported and developed it deserved to win (even with its flaws and restrictions). But sorry I cannot support an asset which does not support itself.

Building a community as a developer should not mean you get free customer support. If you want that then release the code as open source or copyleft not copyright.

I hope I have always been appreciative and respectful to the community on this thread.

Exactly. As always TonyLi is far more articulate to explain what I was trying to say. Also gives a perfect example of why you should never post a message while on the toilet or on a train.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  14. Mark_01

Mark_01

I just found out about this being deprecated because of reading about a new asset called Unlock System and the dev
    has it on his page that he is going to be integrating with this asset, so I click and got the " DEPRECATED " message,
    so I PM the guy and suggested maybe he might be better spent looking at other assets, like Game Kit Controller that just had an update and the guy is super active with his asset.

I had read through this whole forum before buying Realistic FPS Prefab on January 27, 2018. I had noticed then that the dev of this asset had not been on to answer anyone in a very long time.

However, @TonyLi had been and still is very helpful in this mini RFPS community. After playing around with it I figured the particle system would have to be replaced soon-ish, so I figured I would wait for an update since this asset had been around for a long time.

However, I seem to be very good at picking assets that get deprecated, :(.

I have all of Opsive assets and a few others.

But hearing this has been deprecated is depressing in any case and I do think it should have been pulled last summer atlest since it seems the developer had not been answering anyone in the last year really.

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  15. A0101A

A0101A

Yes, all opinions appreciated, a fan of the (many) Messy coder works as well, and good to hear all the opinions here, also - the main point should be: let's always remember that this forum is about the [best] that RFPS has to offer, as everyone's favored asset and a movement, and not so much about the dev's lack of time or their other life issues etc, as we all have, so are unable to post more often here, etc, the dev itself are also just a regular members here, and we can say that proudly, as well, we should keep watching the thread against any negativity trying to sneak in, that's the only point here, the productivity and cooperation we have here is unmatched at any other Unity threads, it goes over far-more than just RFPS as well, and we need to keep it that way: healthy and safe from any abuse, for everyone's best benefits. Thanks, to everyone for responding objectively, and with no prejudices towards anyone, it's - Unity, and basically - the main idea about it :).

16. witcher101

witcher101

RFPS to me was way better than UFPS. Its sad that developer didnt kept it updated. it could have been way better than it was if only Azuline studio had focused on to keep it updated and add more features

17. C_Occlusion

C_Occlusion

C_Occlusion said:
    Just my opinion...The code can still be modified by users and shared on forum, but is a large undertaking...
    If that comment was regarding own code and none of the original code then I apologise, that was not how I interpreted it. I thought this was a case of someone thinking again that deprecated means open source.

@
    TheMessyCoder
    I did mean Own Code...I meant no disrespect...I just meant work arounds as far as keeping the product usable...Sorry if this upset anyone...Again I apologize and I will watch how I word things on this forum...CO

18. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

You have nothing to apologise for.

There are lots of people who mistake deprecated for open source or public domain. I did get excited for a moment when I saw your comment and thought if it possibly had been opened up to public domain, but unfortunately thats not the case.

19. A0101A

A0101A

... no worries, MC, we get what you meant, we are all trying to do the same here, to enjoy and protect the RFPS as we know it, and share our own creations that work with it, some for paid reward on the store, some with free community releases as I do here when I have something of my own studio assets that fit for community uses, and I invest many hrs to always be a good (free of charge) community release each time here. Very happy to see there are no asset flippers on this thread, and community, it's good to keep watching, which is one of the best features of RFPS movement here: quality of the asset and it's members, (be it the newbies, or veterans) ... BTW, what are your latest coming videos, on what assets, we are great fans so what's coming next, for 2019 from the MC video factory, can we have a few links any soon ?

20. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

I know this is a big No-No, but what is the latest version of rfps, and unity, that you have updated to during the middle of a project? Just out of curiosity? And did it break anything?

21. TonyLi

TonyLi

I'm prepping the latest version of the Save System for RFPSP, and I just tested it with the latest RFPSP in Unity 2018.2.20. No issues. However, if you upgrade, make a backup first!

Oderus_Urungus likes this.
  22. petercoleman

petercoleman

Personally for me Updating RFPS has always been a major undertaking in and of itself as it does not Update itself as such (No Update Button) and that results in me personally having a major effort it fixing the issue it causes to my project.

I am stuck on an older version which includes Third Person View which I needed but after that RFPS never received an update with anything major as an update anyway as far as I am aware. I am using Unity 2018 versions and may stick with that as 2019 versions are a major update to Unity and may cause issues to earlier Version projects...

I have tested 2019 on a separate computer with a very old version of a project I had made with RFPS. It had a few issues with depreciated code error messages and so on so I had t fix some scripts and remove some older scripts (which I was not reliant on anyway) from the project folder so as to get the project level to run as it seems Unity (2019 ) will no longer run a game in test run if there are any error messages whatsoever - even if its a warning message rather than a critical one. It seems it will tolerate No console error messages at all of any kind and one has to clear them all before it will run a test level in editor.....

At least that's what happened to me. I cleared them all and it ran my project test level.

However I am dubious about using it with my full project as its complicated with a lot of added integrated assets and I cant afford to have a situation where one of those is not tolerated by Unity :)

23. A0101A

A0101A

... over here, upgraded few times already, a few RFPS based projects, we always stick to the latest official version of it, and like Peter noted here, with some (minimal) extra work you will be always alright at the end, which again proves the quality but more importantly: the inbuilt flexibility of the asset, since it's flexibility is notable - a lot better than with the many of other 'similar-purposes' assets out there. As we all know some other similar assets are not (at all) this modular integration friendly. Simply - when it comes to your integration of various different assets into the one same project - only than it shows the (real) quality of that particular asset. It's always a good idea to promote that modularity, when making the assets, to all the dev's who publish on the Asset Store, in the way - it's only thing that actually makes the sales for you or not, and - if it helps your asset users or not, over their (various) different Unity projects. This is what most of the asset dev's on the Store are overlooking, to this very day, as well, so it's affecting the community with a large financial and loss-of-time effects as well, as we all go along with our projects, etc ...

Gua likes this.
  24. TonyLi

TonyLi

The latest version of the Save System for RFPSP is now available on the Asset Store. It addresses an issue with iOS builds using .NET4 on some Unity versions.

25. jons190

jons190

Found the issue. I use meshbaker pro to package up various meshes and then texture atlases. If I re-bake three or four atlases they seem to stay in Ram until i reload the project, then Unity does some sort of compression or something and then the game runs fine.... the quirks of it all!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  26. jons190

jons190

Wow, just heard the news about the depreciation. Damb, just when I get good with this assest. still ..it works for me and will for the next year or so I think...
    Anyway. I have a general dev question on sound effects.
    I have a standard movable crate in my levels (based on the realistic Crate) but the crate has no sound. i would like to add a sound effect that only fires when the crate is moved (and I have a crypt with a slideable top that I would like to add sound too as well)

I currently use a modded version of the health pickup script to fire a one time only, sound in my levels, but need something that will only play sound when the player interacts with the object for these other objects.

HOWEVER.
    I need the logic OUTSIDE of the update or fixed update loop in the C# script. ( to much overhead for the mobile devices I dev for, to keep up on... checking one per frame for something) I'm not much of a C# programmer, so I'm not even sure something like this is possible. The only examples i can find on the webz all use update loop on the logic....

Thoughts?

27. TonyLi

TonyLi

Are you moving crates and crypt tops using the DragRigidbody script on FPSPlayer? If so, you could create a new script named DragEvents.cs, something like this:
    Code (csharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEngine.Events;
    3. public class DragEvents : MonoBehaviour {
    4.     public public UnityEvent onBeginDrag = new UnityEvent();
    5.     public UnityEvent onEndDrag = new UnityEvent();
    6.     public UnityEvent onDrop = new UnityEvent();
    7. }
    In DragRigidbody.cs, at the beginning of the DragObject method:
    Code (csharp):
    1. var dragEvents = springJoint.connectedBody.GetComponent<DragEvents>();
    2. if (dragEvents) dragEvents.onBeginDrag.Invoke();
    At the end of the DragObject method:
    Code (csharp):
    1. if (dragEvents) dragEvents.onEndDrag.Invoke();
    At the beginning of the DropObject method:
    Code (csharp):
    1. var dragEvents = springJoint.connectedBody.GetComponent<DragEvents>();
    2. if (dragEvents) dragEvents.onDrop.Invoke();
    Add the script to the draggable object. Add an audio source set to loop. In OnBeginDrag, play the audio source. In OnEndDrag, top the audio source. In OnDrop, maybe play a one shot audio clip.

Note: I haven't actually tested this out. It's just an idea.

Weblox likes this.
  28. jons190

jons190

Good gawd man... I don't think i will ever to be able to think and kick out code like this just off the cuff. You, sir, are a coding force to be reckoned with. Also.... Are you going to keep updating your RFPS plugings? I think I should be buying all the plugings I can to keep my RFPS deving going for the next year or so....

29. TonyLi

TonyLi

I'll keep the Save System for RFPS and the Dialogue System up to date with whatever versions of Unity that RFPS remains compatible with. (Both of them just got updates this week, BTW.)

I'm also keeping the Save System for Opsive's UFPS v1 up to date, with plans to release a Save System for Opsive's Ultimate Character Controllers as soon as time allows, for those who are considering switching.

Mark_01 likes this.
  30. jons190

jons190

Sweet. I was looking at the mobile UFPS 2.0... sounds like they have a VR upgrade coming and it has built in networking for four I think. Not sure if those packages have all the cool AI stuff like RFPS had though..... Rock on!

31. jons190

jons190

Tutorials needed.

With news of the deprciation....
    I think i am going to amass any of the tutorials for RPFS and archive them on my site for good measure. I think a lot of us may be working with this asset for a while yet and knowledge could get lost.....

. Does anyone have any good YouTube links or write ups for rfps?

I am specifically interested in a weapons/gun swap out tutorial. but any and all are welcome.

32. JIME363

JIME363

I am currently working on a project but i am facing a problem .... you can see the weapon camera is not working correctly.... yesterday everything is working fine.. and now complete blue..

Thanks 1.PNG 2.PNG

33. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Top picture your "Camera" is disabled. Bottom picture your "Camera" is enabled. NOt sure why you'd want to do this, but that's what I see different.

34. JIME363

JIME363

When camera is on there is only blue screen i think there are multiple bugs in LWRP

35. JIME363

JIME363

lwrp.PNG Those who are facing the same problem ... now the Lwrp doesn't support multiple cameras ..you need to revert your project to under 4.2 version

36. F0GZ

F0GZ

Check out my new game's mechanics, i mean customization system. Btw, all anims are mine.

37. Mario167100

Mario167100

I just finished some of my NPCs and they work fine.
    Although, I wanted to know if there was anyway I could have the NPCS fire their weapons while running or walking. I feel that it would make my combat a lot more immersive.

38. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

Weird issue with weapons mesh disappearing as I get close to one wall of a building prefab. It is only one wall of the building. All other walls have the exact same collider with the same settings, and the weapons mesh do not disappear.

I did an occlusion bake, and I moved the near clip plane slightly farther away, but I don't see this affecting only one wall.

Any ideas?

39. Mister-D

Mister-D

u can use shader graph for different field of view in new renderpipelines, no need for multiple cameras(note that u need to scale your weapon model to something like 0.3 on all axes to avoid clipping thru walls)

Attached Files:

40. johny256

johny256

Project assets store?, Death?

41. F0GZ

F0GZ

I need help! I need to block using grenade while animation is playing. If i do it that way and press grenade button while anim is playing, after anim ends, i cant grab any weapon. Help please!

Code (CSharp):
    1. var grenadeBehavior = playerWeapons.grenadeOrder[grenadeToDisable].GetComponent<WeaponBehavior>();
    3.         grenadeBehavior.haveWeapon = true;
    upload_2019-2-18_21-30-18.png

42. F0GZ

F0GZ

I partially solved this problem, but I’m not sure if this is the best solution.
    Can you take a look, please?
    upload_2019-2-18_21-44-21.png

43. jons190

jons190

yup the asset has been depreciated.

44. Gua

Gua

I've made too many changes and additions to RFPS, so upgrading it means breaking everything and creating a ton of additional work. So for my latest project that is build on Unity 2018.3 I actually using a modified version of RFPS 1.21. It might look crazy for some of you, but I start new project by copying folder of my previous project and trying to upgrade it to the latest version of Unity. And I really don't like to create additional work for myself, when I don't have to. Especially the kind of work, when I need to break something that works and redo a lot of work that has already been done.

45. F0GZ

F0GZ

Ok, newermind about grenades. I fixed it just by adding bool "canSwitch" in the main PlayerWeapons.cs

46. Devision4

Devision4

another asset bite the dust... Unity assetstore is full with dead bodies... I hope rumors are true and facebook aquires unity end of 2019 and optimize the assetstore / assetstorestaff.

47. Weblox

Weblox

omg... Zuckerberg! :confused:

48. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

No. Just no. If Facebook acquires Unity, I will move to Unreal and never look back.

C_Occlusion likes this.
  49. TonyLi

TonyLi

It's just mangled misinformation, or trolling. Back in 2015, Facebook considered trying to buy Unity to pair with their acquisition of Oculus. But they also let go of the idea back in 2015, too. There's now a rumor that Unity might become a publicly-traded company in 2020, but again it's a rumor until it happens.

None of that has much bearing on Asset Store products. The Asset Store is a marketplace for independent publishers to offer assets for Unity. These assets are neither developed nor supported by Unity, but by the independent publishers themselves. RFPSP had a good, long run, especially for a product that I'm pretty sure was developed and maintained by a single hobbyist programmer.

50. F0GZ

F0GZ

This may not be the best moment, but I would like to shoy you my pills system on RFPSP