Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Azuline-Studios, Apr 5, 2013.

1. magique

magique

I took a look at my last RFPS project with emerald and didn't see any place where I called that function, but when I look at the Emerald_AI code I see that it is doing it on the OnEnable() function as long as you have RecycleAIRef set to true. So, I think as long as you have that flag set then it should reset automatically when spawned and enabled.

Weblox likes this.
  2. Weblox

Weblox

Thanks a lot! I will give it a try. :D

3. petercoleman

petercoleman

I second your question?

Tried few times to do whats needed myself but never really been able to fix it. I just find I have to change cameras all the time - back to FPS when its likely to happen to avoid getting angry about it :) You cant expect your game player to do that though and its quite off putting when playing. It is very annoying. I guess if was easy to do it would have been done by the developer or not as the case may be :)

4. vincent_lade

vincent_lade

If anyone's curious I've put together a beta gameplay trailer for the game I've been creating with RFPS!

5. PaulGK

PaulGK

Wow looks awesome :)

vincent_lade likes this.
  6. GameMunchers

GameMunchers

Hey! I tried it and the enemy still spawns instantly after the other one is killed even if the timer is 10 seconds.

7. NickNovell

NickNovell

Hello. That's why I ask here and not the developer. And of course, no one says that this is easy :)

8. C_Occlusion

C_Occlusion

This is looking great...I really like the house...Awesome job!

9. Armin44

Armin44

I followed the tutorial on how to change character model,and it worked pretty well except that animations when I use bow are totally messed up.
    For example when character is taking arrows the whole body is just messed up.
    In tutorial there is this part which I don't understand how to do and it would be amazing If somebody would help me with it:
    "Adjust the avatar definition of your new model to match the alignment of the original player character model to fix any bent limbs"
    Thanks..

10. magique

magique

Please don't take my criticism too harshly, but I think that a lot of the video you showed should just be cut out. I was going to just stop watching because I was thinking it doesn't look like a game play trailer at all, but rather just an RFPS character slapped into a pre-made environment and walking and looking around. Gorgeous environment, though. I recognize the author's work. That being said, however, at the 1:46 mark it suddenly became a game play trailer and looked and felt like an interesting game. You started showing complex interactions, threats, anticipation, etc. I started thinking I'd be interested in giving this a try. But to take 1:46 to get to something worth watching is way too long. You will lose the majority of your audience long before that.

chelnok likes this.
  11. Aaron212

Aaron212

@Azuline-Studios

Hello, ive just bought the asset and it is absolutely fantastic and easy to use. Just a question, I am making a tactical shooter and would like to know how i would go about having two different reload functions. For example say there is 1 round left then the character will do a tactical reload and if the magazine is empty it will do an emergency reload as opposed to the current one reload animation.

Alongside this how difficult would it be to implement a 1 round in the chamber type system.

Additionally if it isn't too needy, would it be possible to assign an animation to firemode switching.

Cheers.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  12. Aaron212

Aaron212

Additionally can anyone suggest a good HUD UI asset to replace RFPSs basic health displays etc

13. vincent_lade

vincent_lade

Thanks for the input! it's valuable to get constructive criticism as this is the first trailer I've made. I agree 3:30 total is pretty long for sure, I may create a shorter version that's just 1-2 minutes to show of the gameplay rather than the levels if it's more interesting to prospective players.
    -V

14. C_Occlusion

C_Occlusion

I dont know the version of unity you are using but here is some info on configuring your avatar that may put you on the right track...
    https://docs.unity3d.com/560/Documentation/Manual/ConfiguringtheAvatar.html

Hope this helps you out...CO

15. magique

magique

Good idea. I think you'll find on a dev forum like this that most people will watch the longer trailer all the way through because they are also developers and want to see all the details of how you used RFPS, but when put before your prospective players they'll have shorter attention spans and be less forgiving.

16. neutral-mafty

neutral-mafty

I want to change the default soldier's model to original, but it will not be applied. Is it impossible to change model or animation easily?

17. Weblox

Weblox

I am not sure what you mean with "change the default soldier's model to original" , but did you read up the documentation? Page 24 describes how to change the player character model. :eek:

@Azuline-Studios is quite rare on this forum. I rly cant help alot with your questions, but I am sure you will get some answers, just stick around the forums...

I have the same Issue. This might just be a matter of a clever placed collider somewhere ?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  18. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

I have tried to run the demo scenes in Unity 2018.3.0b1 (Beta), but there are lots of errors and the camera refuses to point/switch to the character, whatever I try. The FPS camera just doesn't work, and the scene will only show the skybox from a weird camera perspective somewhere below the terrain, player, and other meshes. To me it's unclear what causes all this, but I really don't want to downgrade my version of Unity, nor do I want to abandon this asset.

I guess these problems are easy to solve for the devs, so if they are reading this, maybe they could quickly check their asset in the new Unity beta...? This asset looks great, so I definitely don't want to move to an alternative FPS asset, but if I can't solve these problems quickly, I may have no choice...

I would appreciate any help, so thanks in advance!

19. petercoleman

petercoleman

At the moment I am thinking of dropping Third Person altogether for the moment as its very off putting for anyone. playing a game you may make and no matter how good the game and other content the TP camera issue makes a game look very poor and unprofessional and so annoying when playing it would become more that a player could stand after a little while and they would give up with annoyance....

Having said that if left with first person I am looking at replacing all of the RFPS Weapons and Arms for something better too to add something more to replace TP loss which does add to game play if done well.....

Anyone replaced FP player arms and weapons completely? I have a lot of other important things I could get on with that need doing to move my game onwards but am a little fed up with looking the default player FP Weapons and Arms which could do with improving substantially and in any case they are not really suitable for my game. Problem is most things player are not easy to replace in RFPS and a complete replacement may be biting off more than I can chew as well as costing me a lot of time and money I cant afford :) I should really leave well alone and get on with more actual level and content dev as I am probably going to regret it but i have the bit between my teeth to change those player aspects so I don't have to keep looking at them any more right in my face!

If anyone has any info they are aware of specifically related to replacing the Player weapons and arms completely I would be grateful for any pointers.

Hope you are all getting on well with your own games

Thanks

Peter

NickNovell likes this.
  20. Weblox

Weblox

Since TP has got new features in some recent upgrades I hope this will improve on future versions. I tried to play round some more with colliders and the camera collision mask , but that didn't improve anything.

What weapon sets are u trying to use? I would recommed using fully rigged and animated weapon sets including animated arms/hands over replacing only the weapon models. The Documentation describes adding new weapons on Page 21, but the linked video seems a bit outdated, as weapons now use a mechanim animator, the rest of the setup still applies.

Also I have been running into weapon Issues with one of my Player Characters myself lately, that I cant seem to resolve. I will need to record some footage and will be posting at some point.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    NickNovell likes this.
  21. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi Weblox,

Thanks for that.

I have actually done this before as I have a SciFi weapon added with arms that I added as a test quite a while back, though I am not sure all weapon assets with animated weapons and arms I could find at the store would also work similarly. I have been looking around at whats available. Those I have an eye on are quite expensive.

I am trying to update my game thus far to improve everything but that's a big everything :)

I have a shedfull of things to Update add and improve and as weapons are in your face its important that they are looking good I guess as well as being appropriate to the game and style. I could manage without them for the moment if need be as I have a long list of assets I have my eye on to add and cant add them all at once due to both the cost and time to integrate all them too. I still have to develop the levels themselves and add more levels which stand at around 25 now. Each one is a monster task.

I need to do everything now at once but that's just impossible :)

I am using RFPS, TSAI and UMA characters and have to integrate them all together with a load of other assets and all have a few minor issues which are a pain - like the RFPS TP Camera...

With regard to that I think I have to live with it until I can get around to looking more deeply for a fix as I need some of its benefits.

I Hope you are doing OK.

Peter

22. NickNovell

NickNovell

Hello to all again :)
    Question: (I know I won't take an answer but I will try) :)
    TP mode. When the player is in prone position he doesn't go with the terrain's angle. Is it possible to do that?
    Thank you in advance.

23. C_Occlusion

C_Occlusion

I would get a list together of all the problems you are having with TP and keep trying to email them to developer and maybe he can get them in next update....updates are not very often...TP just really started to be worked on in last update so maybe he has plans to keep adding and fixing it...hopefully...

Weblox likes this.
  24. petercoleman

petercoleman

Weapons : Anyone got dual weilding weapons into RFPS? I need that or I am going to need a bigger gun :)

Peter

C_Occlusion and Weblox like this.
  25. neutral-mafty

neutral-mafty

26. NickNovell

NickNovell

Hello. Last night I updated Unity to 2018.2.8f1. Two major problems just solved! One was the problem with enemies that disappear on collision with player and two the problem with the camera that went through the player!

Oderus_Urungus and Weblox like this.
  27. GameMunchers

GameMunchers

I used RFPS V 1.23

Cause this the the version my game uses.

28. TonyLi

TonyLi

Are you still having a problem with S-Inventory? If so, can you update to the latest versions of S-Inventory, Dialogue System 1.8.5, and RFPS? (Maybe in a copy of your project, as a test.)

It's been a month since I asked the question. If you're still having a problem, please remind me if the example scene works correctly, and what's not working correctly in your scene(s).

Weblox likes this.
  29. Prof1995

Prof1995

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help? I am trying to add Hit animations for the Ai once they get hit...

I added to ApplyDamage() in CharacterDamage
    around line 179
    Code (CSharp):
    2. AIComponent.AnimatorComponent.SetInteger("AnimState", 4);
    And in Animator Window added a new animation called get_hit.But its dont work.

30. GameMunchers

GameMunchers

If I update my RPFS it will mess my whole game up

31. TonyLi

TonyLi

Okay. The example scene works correctly, right? If so, can you send your project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com? I can take a look and try to identify what's going wrong in your scene.

32. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

So the camera doesn't clip the player mesh in third person now?

33. NickNovell

NickNovell

Exactly! Rarely in some points of my level the camera just "touches" the player's helmet a little but this is not a problem for me right now. Also enemies are not "pushed" by player anymore, they stay is their positions.

34. Weblox

Weblox

Good Point. I also want a Grapple Hook. :confused::eek::cool:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  35. Aaron212

Aaron212

Hey all just returning to see if anyone is able to hrlp me out with a few things. First thing, can anyone reccomend a good saving system for RFPS, a good UI/HUD replacer and for a more advanced question is it possible to make it so the ai pivot at tge hip up and down to aim at you, say whe n you are below them its a bit off putting that they dont look at you.

Additionally I know i have asked this before but got no response, would anyone be able to help me add more animation states for weapons to implement different stages of reloading such as an empty pistol with a locked back slide in comparison to one jn the chamber etc. So pretty much two different reloads one when there is no ammo left and one when there is ammo left in the mag.

Cheers.

36. NickNovell

NickNovell

A climb animation would be nice too

37. Weblox

Weblox

>> Save System <<

TonyLi likes this.
  38. Aaron212

Aaron212

Is it at all possible to reduce z-fighting/models shaking and distorting on large maps with a single camera setup. Single camera allows me to achieve stuff such as a laser pointer that actually works etc so its sorta essential

39. Weblox

Weblox

@Aaron212 - To my knowledge the two Camera setup is always recommended, mainly because of the Issues you mentioned. Appearently there is no workaround. I still can't help with the more more advanced questions u are having, just stick around until the Pro - Users will have a look at the thread again ...:rolleyes:

40. TonyLi

TonyLi

(Thanks @Weblox!) @Aaron212 - If you have any questions about the Save System for RFPS, let me know.

The HUDs (Ammo, Health, Thirst, etc.) are prefabs. You can find them in the RFPSP folder hierarchy. Temporarily add them to your scene, modify their appearance to your liking, and then click Apply to apply the changes to the prefabs. When RFPS starts up, it will load your customized prefabs into the HUD.

If you want to change the appearance of RFPS's main menu, you need to edit MainMenu.cs. You can add a public variable for a GUI Skin:
    Code (csharp):
    1. public GUISkin menuGuiSkin;
    At the beginning of the OnGUI method, assign that public variable to GUI.skin:
    Code (csharp):
    1. GUI.skin = menuGuiSkin;
    Then create a GUI Skin asset in your project and assign it to the MainMenu component's Menu Gui Skin field. Customize the GUI Skin. You can even customize it while the scene is playing, so you can see your changes as you make them.

These are tougher questions that will require a deeper level of scripting. For the AI look up/down, you'll need to edit AI.cs. You could add an additive layer to the animator controller that adds up/down positioning. Then control this layer in AI.cs.

For the reload, I think you need to edit WeaponBehavior.cs. (I'm not near an RFPS install right now.)

Weblox likes this.
  41. neutral-mafty

neutral-mafty

The animation is not played well. I can not do collision judgment well.

Attached Files:

42. F0GZ

F0GZ

Check my game trailer made with RFPSP.

43. A0101A

A0101A

I have a nice IK solution for that, from Patel, you will first need to buy his IK asset, if it's still on the Store, so i can send you my custom solution (2 scripts) based on his asset and guide you from there, but it will be fair to buy his asset first, so let me know here, it works perfectly with RFPS, it's the solution i use for the characters to aim at the player (up-down, left-right) etc, so yes, there is simple solution for that, and i have made it, based on that asset, and some help from Patel. Hope it helps, let me know here, if you want to go that simple avenue to have it.
    BTW - ZipLine RFPS (community edition by Vranic Studios) as said before: is developing well, i am nearly done with coding it / making it - now i'm still subjecting it to as-possible more different tests and conditions) under RFPS situations i can get, but trying to keep it modular-simple as possible to remain that way, with the RFPS noobs in mind and also that you can further (each) custom-complicate / expand it from there, in your each individual projects. It will be posted here before the new year's eve as my (Vranic Studios) community gift to the RFPS users (and fans from day one of the RFPS asset, as we all are - at least - in this studio. No, we did not let you down on our promise made here, few months earlier on this, and basic mechanism for the gamepads vibration will be also coded in, so you can have it by simple addition of XInput.NET dll's into your projects, if you plan / have gamepad's gameplay and vibration (rumble) support - so: no problems, in that case, as well. :).

44. iDeveloper2

iDeveloper2

I facing strange issue when player through grenade then first time work fine but second time only animation playing but grenade not release from the hand. I unable to resolved this issue because I can't found why this issue came.

45. Mario167100

Mario167100

I have a question.
    I'm currently working on an open-world game similar to the Fallout and S.T.A.L.K.E.R series and i want to add random events through out the game.

One of these events is an interactive scene where a group of men catch a person outside of a safe zone; he begs for his
    life, but the men shoot him down . The player can kill the men or the person if they choose. How would i go about implementing this using RFPS?

Example:

0:00 - 0:32

46. TonyLi

TonyLi

That's like an in-game cutscene. First you need a way to trigger the cutscene. You can write a script with an OnTriggerEnter method or use some other triggering system. (For example, the Save System for RFPS and Dialogue System for Unity both have a TriggerEvent component.)

The cutscene participants' AI should be disabled so they don't go running around chasing the player while the cutscene is trying to control them.

When the cutscene starts, use the MoveCameraAndPlayer script to temporarily release RFPS's control of the camera and player, unless you want the player to have full control during the cutscene*.

Then you can use a cutscene sequencer such as Unity Timeline or SLATE to make the action happen.

When the cutscene ends, use MoveCameraAndPlayer to return control to RFPS.

*If you want the player to retain control during the cutscene, you don't need to use MoveCameraAndPlayer. However, you need to implement a way to know when the player has butted in. For example, if the player attacks the bad guys, stop the cutscene, set the victim to run away, and set the bad guys to attack the player.

47. C_Occlusion

C_Occlusion

Are you using a older version of RFPSP...I am using V1.45 and cannot get it to reproduce this error....You may try to reinstall RFPSP to see if this fixes it....If you have been messing with the code always make a backup before changing it...CO

48. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

OK great I just tried your demo and read your documentation that you will be including vehicles. Will that also have flying vehicles and drones? And will you be putting in a way so players could control their A.I by keyboard if they wish like Unreal Tournament?

49. petercoleman

petercoleman

Help?

I am trying to get a weapon to shoot a projectile. i.e. Rocket Launcher and "Rocket"

All works fine except that the "Rocket" projectile refuses to impart damage to an object hit, even the player or say an explosive barrel or explosive box. The Rocket Launcher will work fine if I use a standard weapon tracing method and when shooting the objects e.g. explosive barrel explode correctly and die :)

My problem of course is when I assign to the Rocket Weapon the "Rocket" projectile added to the Object Pooling Manager as then it refuses to impart damage to an object hit. The Rocket itself works fine, is fired and hits an object with force - moves it physically and a visual explosion occurs, but no damage is imparted.

I am stuck at the moment with either not using the Rocket from the Object Pooling Manager and not having a Rocket projectile fired from the weapon (visually appearing in game) but the hit object being destroyed as it should be which looks naff or having a Rocket appear visually in Game but the hit object not being destroyed... neither is acceptable :)

I am sure this may have been discussed previously AND PERHAPS SOLVED but would not know where to find it at the forum.

I am probably missing something that I am stupidly missing and been at it for over a day trying to get it to work and all options have failed. Tried different projectiles, and arrow and grenade but none are a solution I can get to work and impart damage if I want to use my Rocket projectile. I really don't understand why it wont impart damage as it I seem to have things set up that it should. Perhaps its an internal obstacle in RFPS code I don't know?

Anyway any help would be much appreciated as always.

Thank you kindly.

EDIT UPDATE : I believe I have done this now by making a copy of the Grenade Pool Manager item and editing that extensively so I now have a physical Rocket projectile (object) that shoots from the weapon hits a target, explodes and damages it. Hopefully it will remain OK after saving all rebooting and so on. Enough of that for one 24 hour day at this :)

Peter

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    C_Occlusion likes this.
  50. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Hello, does anyone know how to make a custom UI Pause Menu? I already made it, script and UI, but i can't get it work because of the fact that RFPS put to 0 the value of TimeScale when you are trying to pause the game.

Can someone help me? Thanks!