Search Unity

Realistic effects pack [Asset Store]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kripto289, Apr 1, 2014.

1. kripto289

kripto289

Hello, when you getting the error? Can I have test scene? Write to me on mail kripto289@gmail.com

2. multimediamark

multimediamark

Hey there,

I'm interessted in buying the Realistic Explosions Pack. I couldn't find a definite answer if I can change the smoke color from black to gray?

3. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    By default no. But you can change shaders output color:
    instead of "return color" you need change "return color + 0.5" (or other grayscale color)

multimediamark likes this.
  4. LootlabGames

LootlabGames

Somewhere along the line the "Goo Drops" of the slime effect stopped working in your demo scene.
    It used to work last time I checked, like 6 months or so ago.
    They go through the floor now for some reason(I haven't changed anything expect the unity version).
    Any ideas on how to get it to work again?

5. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    What a unity version?
    Try change collider layer of effect particles.

6. LootlabGames

LootlabGames

It was doing it for the last version 5.5.3 and also the new version 5.6.
    If I create a brand new project, download and import "Realistic Effects pack 3 1.2.0.0".
    Open scene "Unity5_EffectDemo3" and press play, then use the buttons you have to get to "SlimeEffect".

I don't change any settings and it looks like you have the collider set to collide with "Everything".
    The blots do appear, but under the plane.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fkmlyjhzyowc8m/Slime1.JPG?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5uqo0z749g89jj/Slime2.JPG?dl=0

P.S. There are also strange white flashes for the "Slime Ball" and "SlimeEffect" also, but I care mostly about the Collison blots.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  7. LootlabGames

LootlabGames

8. dhuang

dhuang

Hi, The distortion shader doesnt' work when used in VR with singlepass. I am using unity 5.6.

this is what I see: double image whenever the distortion shader is used on a material. distortion.JPG

Do you already have a fix for this? How can we fox this? thanks!

9. nadjastaedt

nadjastaedt

@kripto289 Your website is down, and my anti-malware program tells me it's not secure to visit it.
    When I open it in a sandbox, the domain is not reachable.
    Can you have a look? Thanx!

10. sgower

sgower

Kripto, great effects. I've been trying your Effects pack 3 in my project, but I just discovered that your effects don't seem to support single-pass stereo rendering for VR. Is this correct? They're not working for me correctly in Unity 5.6.1p3 with SteamVR. Is there any chance you'll be able to provide an updated version that supports this? I'm afraid I won't be able to use these effects if you don't.

11. kripto289

kripto289

Hello, give your mail, I'll send the patch.

12. sgower

sgower

Whoa, fastest support response ever! So just curious, if you have a patch, wouldn't you push this via an update? Then people could just update and you wouldn't need to be bothers with support questions like mine :). Do you have a patch for all your effects pack? I think you wrote a fire effects packs that I bought also (i'd need to check). Sent you a PM with my email address.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  13. kripto289

kripto289

Patch attached

Attached Files:

14. sgower

sgower

Hi thanks, unfortunately the effects still don't look correct. For example, when I tried the Aura:Fireshield effect, I see a different view in each eye, so it's really disorienting. The left eye seem flames, ad the right eye seem flames surrounded by a dark black area that shouldn't be there at all. Have any thoughts on what I can check, or how to fix?

15. kripto289

kripto289

Write me on skype "scar289". Also, you tried remove included "bloom" posteffects (and other posteffects which you have on main camera?) Not all version of unity bloom works with single pass rendering.

16. Nrost

Nrost

Thank you for patch.

17. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Am I just crazy? I just spent 8 hours trying to figure out how any of these work, I still have no idea how to apply any of the effects to anything. I've deconstructed the demos and can't replicate anything. Is there really no manual or even a video tutorial?

18. 265lutab

265lutab

In the FadeInOutLight script if isVisible is set quickly on and off before it has time to finish fading the light in or out it will stay at the partially faded value. I fixed it by adding a few lines to the FadeIn and FadeOut functions.

Code (CSharp):
    1. private void FadeIn()
    2.   {
    3.         fadeOutComplited = false; //EDITED BY LUCAS
    4.         if (FadeOutDelay == 0) //EDITED BY LUCAS
    5.             canStartFadeOut = true; //EDITED BY LUCAS
    6.     currentIntensity = oldIntensity + Time.deltaTime / FadeInSpeed * startIntensity;
    7.     if (currentIntensity >= startIntensity)
    8.     {
    9.       fadeInComplited = true;
    10.       if (!isOut) allComplited = true;
    11.       currentIntensity = startIntensity;
    12.       Invoke("SetupFadeOutDelay", FadeOutDelay);
    13.     }
    14.     goLight.intensity = currentIntensity;
    15.     oldIntensity = currentIntensity;
    16.   }
    18.   private void FadeOut()
    19.   {
    20.         fadeInComplited = false; //EDITED BY LUCAS
    21.     currentIntensity = oldIntensity - Time.deltaTime / FadeOutSpeed * startIntensity;
    22.     if (currentIntensity <= 0)
    23.     {
    24.       currentIntensity = 0;
    25.       fadeOutComplited = true;
    26.       allComplited = true;
    27.     }
    28.     goLight.intensity = currentIntensity;
    29.     oldIntensity = currentIntensity;
    30.   }

19. DrInternet

DrInternet

Hello,

I have a problem with using realistic effects pack 4 in VR project. Readme states that "VR distortions and bloom supported. All effects tested on Oculus Rift CV1 with single and dual mode rendering and work perfect.". However after checking "virtual reality supported" in playersettings tab, rfx4 distortion and bloom script produces some glitches in game window, but changes absolutely nothing in HMD image.
    I'm using Unity 5.6.4f1.

20. magique

magique

In Realistic Effects Pack 4, the Effect15_Optimized prefab contains the Challenger character model in both versions. So there's no optimized prefab without the character.

21. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    Rfx4_distortion and bloom used for mobiles. You should use standard unity posteffects for pc. I wrote it in the readme.
    Also, pls update on latest version.

22. kripto289

kripto289

I'll fix it later.
    You can just remove the character from prefab :)

23. The_Arrival

The_Arrival

Hello Kripto,

i just found all three of the first Effects Packs being deprecated in Unity 2017.3.1f1. Is this a mistake or did you deprecated them without mentioning anything in the forums?

24. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    The first pack is deprecated because I have created the new magic pack1.
    Other packages included js scripts and assetstore remove it. Soon it will be fixed.

25. hopeful

hopeful

Remember to update the first post in this thread. :)

26. Emile97

Emile97

On "Energy explosion Mobile" I tried to enable the "collision" on the particle settings but yeah... now the effect is not beautiful anymore (the distortion looks weird ). i want that the child "particleDistortion" send a collision message so that the enemy gets affected but i don't know why it is not working like i want it to .

27. duartedd

duartedd

Hello I am trying to use this pack in a turn based rpg its pretty much 2d but ive built it in 3d. Are there any tutorials which you or anyone knows of that i can use this pack to lets say - the left side creature fires a fireball at the right side creature

so i have the source and destination transform positions and i know how to move the position of an object from one to another...but i dont know how to do it with this pack or the prefabs within the pack.

thanks!

28. duartedd

duartedd

nm all good - set the rotation and created a few box colliders - bobs your uncle or aunt

29. Hope @kripto289 doesn't mind.

A free Realistic Effects Pack 4 voucher: it's taken.
    If you used it, please reply so I can remove it. Also please consider to buy other packs from him, he deserve it!

Disclaimer: I have all effects packs from @kripto289 already for a long time, I've got this extra in a bundle.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2018
    Sattebu likes this.
  30. Sattebu

Sattebu

Got it, thanks!
    It seems to be of quality, I'm pretty sure I will buy another packs from him.

Lurking-Ninja likes this.
  31. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Would be great if you could integrate your packs into Emerald AI to use the full effects !

32. matteatsmochi

matteatsmochi

Are there issues with the packs? My prefabs seem to be missing components after importing them.

Im still going thru everything, I have Magic Effects Pack 1 and Realistic Effects Pack 4. Just checking if I need to do assembly after opening or I did not import correctly.

33. Emile97

Emile97

Bro would you update your pack to support the lightweight pipeline of unity?? Or update to assure good compatibility with unity 2018 cause I can't build for any platform (the only error comes from your asset (something to do with the shades) , even though it works perfectly in the editor) for 2, 3 and 4 ?
    Thanks

34. dark_tonic

dark_tonic

same request here, please. we have a number of broken shaders.

35. dark_tonic

dark_tonic

Also, could you please update the OP to show realistic pack 1 is no longer available? The link just goes to a page saying it's no longer available. We were using a couple of effects from it. The pack1 shaders are broken now with the 2018 update and subsequently useless. What happened to them?

36. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    Emerald AI supported pack1 and pack4.
    Just create folder with name "Editor" in the asset folder and add this files.

Attached Files:

Weblox likes this.
  37. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    Unfortunately, unity does not support grabpass and multi pass shaders. I spent a lot of time to find a way to render distortion / water and other effects with transparent geometry and fix other problems. (multipass shaders, decals, etc.)
    Therefore, in a couple of weeks I will add support for lwrp and hdrp rendering for all effects.

38. Since they are and were considerably more work, I (and I believe the majority of the user-base) wouldn't mind if the SRP support were paid upgrade. You're making great assets, you deserve every support.

39. Emile97

Emile97

True true and trueeee I won't mind paying for the upgrade if all effects are upgraded ( ps: update is for v2, v3 and v4 right ?? )

40. pixpypix

pixpypix

IMG_20181115_172855.jpg I was getting this error. How to solve it?

41. Emile97

Emile97

Sir, any update , estimation on release date for 2018.3 ?

Flurgle likes this.
  42. Weblox

Weblox

Hi @kripto289 - I am happily using most of your effects packs with Emerald and Invector.

After upgrading the Mesh Effects Package to Version 1.4 in Unity 2017.4.7f1 LTS I am getting this errors when applying them to any mesh :

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[UnityEngine.ParticleSystem,PSMeshRendererUpdater+ParticleStartInfo].get_Item (UnityEngine.ParticleSystem key) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:150)

PSMeshRendererUpdater.UpdatePSMesh (UnityEngine.GameObject go) (at Assets/Invector-Project/Effects/KriptoFX/MeshEffect/Scripts/PSMeshRendererUpdater.cs:329)
    PSMeshRendererUpdater.UpdateMeshEffect () (at Assets/Invector-Project/Effects/KriptoFX/MeshEffect/Scripts/PSMeshRendererUpdater.cs:262)
    MeshRendererEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Invector-Project/Effects/KriptoFX/MeshEffect/Scripts/Editor/MeshRendererEditor.cs:15)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1253)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Do you have a fix plz?

43. shredingskin

shredingskin

Hello, the distortion shader isn't working for HDRP
    I see there is a RFX4_UberDistortion.UpgradeSRP file, but not sure what it does (tried changing it to .unitypackage but still no luck).
    What is it supposed to do ?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  44. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    It's distortion shader for HDRP rendering, if you use legacy rendering or lwrp, you can remove this file, or just ignore it.

shredingskin likes this.
  45. shredingskin

shredingskin

Ok, just a heads up, it doesn't appear as a shader (because it ends up with .UpgradeSRP).
    If I change the ending to .shader it still doesn't work.
    What can I do to make it work ?
    I'm testing it in unity 2019.1b4 with HDRP 5.3.1

46. kripto289

kripto289

I have script which automaticaly update shaders for HDRP/LWRP.
    I have copy of shader for HDRP (in this file) and my script after import should get code from this file and replace for distortion shader.
    It's like a backup file.
    You do not need to rename anything. After import it's should be done automatically.

shredingskin likes this.
  47. shredingskin

shredingskin

It doesn't all the particles that use the distortion shader just show black.
    I also tried it with Unity 2018.3 and HDRP 4.9.0

48. kripto289

kripto289

Write me to email "kripto289@gmail.com"

shredingskin likes this.
  49. shredingskin

shredingskin

I reimported it and it seems to be working.
    I think I did the problem by thinking it was an unitypackage to update the shader.
    EDIT: No, still black particles, I'll send you an email.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  50. Censureret

Censureret

Hey i am trying to use the package with the HDRP. However i cant seem to get it to work
    upload_2019-5-2_15-13-25.png

As you can see from the image above it is really missing. Can someone please help me?