Search Unity

Realistic effects pack [Asset Store]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kripto289, Apr 1, 2014.

1. kriket

kriket

amazing guy, amazing support, amazing asset

2. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Is anyone having a problem with the effects crashing Unity Editor in 5.1.0f2? No idea what is causing this but as soon as I instantiate the effects if I stop the game in editor, it just crashes.

3. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    "Insantiate" causes the crash? Try to disable scripts/particles/linerenderer effects of prefab and check that causes the crash?

4. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Hey Kripto, I think it was just some bug in f2, I upgraded to the final release f3 and it's not happening anymore. Must have just been a bug with unity! -- Thanks for the help

hopeful likes this.
  5. pahe

pahe

Hey.
    I guess you have already updated the package, but I'm still experiencing this grey fog when using the Distortion/Mobile/ParticleCutOut shader. Do I have to change something in my package to make it work? I'm using the 2.4.0.0 package.

Edit: the normal distortion/particlecutout shader works fine though, but has a drastic impact on performance on mobile.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  6. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    In the demo it worked? You have "distortionMobile" script in your scene? You should add this script to any gameobject.

7. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

just wanted to say ver 3 is the best effects i have seen on unity, job will done.

8. pahe

pahe

@kripto289

Yes, I have, but I think I found the problem. I using Application.LoadAdditive to load new scenes and every scene has its own camera for drawing the scene. So, I have a start scene with a distortion effect, then load a second scene, also with a distortion effect and when the second scene is loaded, I destroy the first one.

While this caused a null ref for the instantiated render texture, I fixed that by checking for null and setting "inialized" to false and let the new effect initialize again. Sadly the new effect seems to use the old render texture (which is now removed) and gives... a flipped result (that gave me the impression that shows a fog). I guess you didn't take that use case into account? :)

Update: added a screenshot. You can see, the lower part of the texture is mirrored on the upper part (where the distortion effect it).

Update2:
    Hm... not sure now. Even in my start scene, the effect is flipped... I even reverted my changes to the script. I'll try to create a dummy scene to narrow down the problem.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  9. kripto289

kripto289

With forward rendering, mobile distortions in editor mode now worked correctly(image is flipped). Maybe you have forward mode of standalone? (it's also used for editor)

10. pahe

pahe

Yes, I have forward rendering activated. So you mean it is correct that it is flipped in the editor and it will appear correctly then on mobile? Well, I'll try :)

11. kripto289

kripto289

You can change to deffered mode in editor. On mobile deffered and forward worked correctly.

12. kittik

kittik

Hey Kripto,

I really like the videos for the assets, because of that, I am looking at buying Realistic Effects Pack 2, to see how easy it is to use, then go and buy the other packs.

I've read some negative reviews about it "not working" on Unity 5. Has that been sorted? Will this work 'out of the box'?

13. kripto289

kripto289

All effects worked in unity 5 (exception is energetic network). These reviews have been before I updated shaders for unity 5.
    Also, using fairly simple. For example, the effects of fire or shields can be placed to the scene/instantiated in runtime.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var effectInstance = Instantiate(effect, pos, new Quaternion()) as GameObject;
    And for projectiles and shots, you must set the target.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. effectInstance.GetComponent<EffectSettings>().Target = Target;

kittik likes this.
  14. seanrod

seanrod

I really like the effects in the Realistic Effects pack1. I'm trying to reduce the overall size of the Shot2 prefab particle effect so it will look they same as the current version, just want to change it so the total size is about 8 inches in diameter. Editing the WindZone only seems to make the effect larger. I have found a way to reduce the size of the particles and distortion, but reducing the overall size is eluding me. I have sent you an email with a screen grab cause I can not seem to get the screen grab to attach to the post.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  15. seanrod

seanrod

Kripto! This is an AWESOME effect pack. Thank you so much for your shader support, too.

Anyone who reads this should know he supports and answers any questions you have. After you buy the effects that is.. :)

16. kripto289

kripto289

Also, this script "ParticleSystemScaler.cs" allow you change the scale of particles. (Also, it will be included in the next update)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. #if UNITY_EDITOR
    5. using UnityEditor;
    6. #endif
    8. [ExecuteInEditMode]
    9. public class ParticleSystemScaler : MonoBehaviour
    10. {
    11.     public float particlesScale = 1.0f;
    13.     float oldScale;
    15.     void Start()
    16.     {
    17.         oldScale = particlesScale;
    18.     }
    20.     void Update ()
    21.     {
    22.         #if UNITY_EDITOR
    23.         if (Mathf.Abs(oldScale - particlesScale) > 0.0001f && particlesScale > 0)
    24.         {
    25.             transform.localScale = new Vector3(particlesScale, particlesScale, particlesScale);
    26.             float scale = particlesScale / oldScale;
    27.             var ps = this.GetComponentsInChildren<ParticleSystem>();
    29.             foreach (ParticleSystem particles in ps)
    30.             {
    31.                 particles.startSize *= scale;
    32.                 particles.startSpeed *= scale;
    33.                 particles.gravityModifier *= scale;
    35.                 SerializedObject serializedObject = new SerializedObject(particles);
    36.                 serializedObject.FindProperty("ClampVelocityModule.magnitude.scalar").floatValue *= scale;
    37.                 serializedObject.FindProperty("ClampVelocityModule.x.scalar").floatValue *= scale;
    38.                 serializedObject.FindProperty("ClampVelocityModule.y.scalar").floatValue *= scale;
    39.                 serializedObject.FindProperty("ClampVelocityModule.z.scalar").floatValue *= scale;
    40.                 serializedObject.FindProperty("VelocityModule.x.scalar").floatValue *= scale;
    41.                 serializedObject.FindProperty("VelocityModule.y.scalar").floatValue *= scale;
    42.                 serializedObject.FindProperty("VelocityModule.z.scalar").floatValue *= scale;
    43.                 serializedObject.FindProperty("ColorBySpeedModule.range").vector2Value *= scale;
    44.                 serializedObject.FindProperty("RotationBySpeedModule.range").vector2Value *= scale;
    45.                 serializedObject.FindProperty("ForceModule.x.scalar").floatValue *= scale;
    46.                 serializedObject.FindProperty("ForceModule.y.scalar").floatValue *= scale;
    47.                 serializedObject.FindProperty("ForceModule.z.scalar").floatValue *= scale;
    48.                 serializedObject.FindProperty("SizeBySpeedModule.range").vector2Value *= scale;
    50.                 serializedObject.ApplyModifiedProperties();
    51.             }
    53.             var trails = this.GetComponentsInChildren<TrailRenderer>();
    54.             foreach (TrailRenderer trail in trails)
    55.             {
    56.                 trail.startWidth *= scale;
    57.                 trail.endWidth *= scale;
    58.             }
    59.             oldScale = particlesScale;
    60.         }
    61.         #endif
    62.     }
    63. }

hopeful likes this.
  17. Comolokko

Comolokko

Great effects and support! He answers your questions really fast and effects are pretty awsome. Thank you kripto

18. David-Lindsay

David-Lindsay

I just wanted to confirm one issue noted above with distortions and forward/deferred rendering and Unity 4.6 (because still waiting on Unity 5 bug fixes essential to our project)

Currently, the particle UVs are flipped, working on a PC, in the editor's PC/standalone runtime with a forward rendering camera. The offset of the particle UVs seems to be just fine. I see clearly that using deferred rendering, or using another posteffect on the main camera, fixes the flipped distortion particle UVs. However, switching camera rendering path, or adding new components to the camera just sot hat it will display a non-flipped distortion image is not ideal for the special effect artists in my team. They may break things by accident (English is not their native language, so the editor is already a challenge).

Above, you replied someone about this issue and I need to confirm:

- The distortion's screen capture effect is flipped on our game's normal camera settings (forward rendering path, no other post-effect components attached)

So...

1. When we build to mobile, will this distortion display correctly (not-flipped)?
    2. If we have other fullscreen post-effects, will they conflict, or cause problem?
    3. If we have multiple particle systems with distortion at once, will they conflict?

Thanks very much!

19. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    First. Effects for pc worked correctly with any renderer. Only mobile distortions in editor mode worked not correctly.
    About posseffects (and msaa) and flips image http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SL-PlatformDifferences.html
    So i can't fix renderTarget it in the shader for editor mode. Grabpass worked fine. (because it's hardware buffer).
    But on android in worked correctly with any rendering. So just use deffered mode for editor and any rendering for mobile. (if your main target platform is mobile)

20. David-Lindsay

David-Lindsay

No, I'm honestly saying it does not render correctly during runtime. We are not using any antialiasing posteffects. We are not using any other post effects. Your demo scene, during runtime, with all other camera post effects disabled, displays the incorrectly flipped distortion effect.

PC Runtime (not editor window), AMD Radeon HD 6800, Unity 4.6.x, forward rendering camera, no other post effects, mobile distortion script and shader, I promise!

But enabling your personal bloom post effect flip the distortion back to the right way.

21. David-Lindsay

David-Lindsay

I should say, just to be extra correct, it's the editor play runtime, not the editor scene view.

22. kripto289

kripto289

You use mobile distortion for pc? It's bad solution. Because default pc shader with grabpass is faster for pc (but for mobile it's very slow).
    So pc shaders not have problems, use it for pc.
    For mobile use mobile shaders with distortion from RenderTarget. This is the only solution for mobile.

23. David-Lindsay

David-Lindsay

We use PCs to develop games. We deploy the games to mobile

24. David-Lindsay

David-Lindsay

Like, I don't think it's even possible to develop the game on a mobile device.

We need to edit the special effects on a PC. Get the special effect ready for the mobile build, right? So we use the target hardware shaders, settings, etc. So, I'm testing the mobile shaders and the mobile scripts from your package on a PC, because this is the working environment for the game developer.

The effect once it gets onto mobile is another matter. I asked it above, already. You haven't answered any of these questions:

1. When we build to mobile, will this distortion display correctly (not-flipped)?
    2. If we have other fullscreen post-effects, will they conflict, or cause problem?
    3. If we have multiple particle systems with distortion at once, will they conflict?

25. kripto289

kripto289

Sorry, I may have misunderstood. My English is not very good
    First, you need set the "deffered rendering" for pc settings. It's also settings for editor window. Also, unity4.6 have bug, when target platform is mobile and pc settings is dx11. (Just note).

1. On android platform it's correctly with any rendering (and pc renderer and mobile renderer).
    2. No. With post-effects on mobile it worked fine. It's only editor bug.
    3. They have shader target texture, so they will just ignore each other. Like a unified grabPass (optimized grabPass).

26. David-Lindsay

David-Lindsay

Okay, thanks, got it :)

27. Nadan

Nadan

Hi! For some reason I get this kind of bug with GreenImpactWaveMobile.

This grey circle grows on the effect at the end. This effect is working with GreenImpactWave but not with GreenImpactWaveMobile. I also tested this with my Android device and it looked the same.

Any help how to fix this? I'm using Unity 5.1.3f1 (64-bit) and Realistic Effects Pack 2 version 1.4.0.0

28. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello kripto,

Do your effects packs work on XBOX ONE? Please let me know.

Regards,
    Carlos

29. PDZ

PDZ

I just bought the Effects Pack 1, and I get an error running the demo scene in Unity 5.1.1 on OSX

30. Rinoa_Heartilly

Rinoa_Heartilly

hey I bought your particle pack along with some other effect packs on the asset store and yours is the best!

Can you help me getting some clues about using the Meteor prefab, I'm no coder and using ORK framework, it has a Spawn Prefab feature to spawn a prefab at the enemy position, I use this to spawn your Fire Tornado effect at the enemy and it's awesome, but when I spawn the Meteor prefab the same way, 1st time the screen was black, I encountered this problem before so i tried to turn off the lights, the black screen bug fixed but nothing appear, there's no rock falling from the sky like I want it, so I think I just can't spawn it out like the other prefabs right, if it has to be done via coding can you tell me (basically) how to do it?

I dragged the prefabs to my level, at I expected the tornado particle works fine when I click on it, when I choose the Meteor prefab there's no rock fall down why?

BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  31. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    Can you do a video?
    I'm use myself script for instantiate meteor. In the demo it worked correctly?

32. Rinoa_Heartilly

Rinoa_Heartilly

the demo work perfectly so it's not a bug, it's just me don't know how to use your prefab, I'm kinda figuring it out now so thank you for the high quality effect packs :)

BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  33. kripto289

kripto289

You need set the bottom position for meteor (terrain or other gameobject with collider).
    Or you can set the "UseMoveVector" setting instead of default target. And set the vector (0, -1, 0)

Rinoa_Heartilly likes this.
  34. Gozdek

Gozdek

Great.

35. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

How customizable are the effects? Is it easy to change the timers for transition, and the radius for aoe effects? These effects look very impressive.

36. kripto289

kripto289

You can change this settings. Meteor effect have "EffectRadius" (AOE) and "TimeDelay" (timers for transition)

PhoenixRising1 likes this.
  37. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Ok great, will purchase all 3 eventualy.

38. Bombatit

Bombatit

just wanna drop a line here: these are the best particle effect packs on the asset store, well worth the money, thank you and please make more!

milox777 and kittik like this.
  39. Burtch

Burtch

In pack 3, when using freeze effects like in Frozen mine, it only freezes my hippogriff's tail. I've looked through the scripts and I'm still trying to figure out how to freeze the entire model, and not just the hair on his tail. Any suggestions? Does it always just apply the Ice instance to the previous element in the skinned mesh renderer and not all of the elements?

Please see the screenshot so you know what I'm referring to.
    Awesome job on the effects. I loooooove your work.

Attached Files:

• Ice.png
      Ice.png
      File size:
      768.5 KB
      Views:
  40. kripto289

kripto289

Hello.
    Alas, for skinned mesh renderer with multiple materials i can't add new ice material to all meshes. I don't know the solution.
    Can you combine materials to one material?

41. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Can't you just add the effect to all other meshes by a simple script?

42. kripto289

kripto289

He have one mesh with multiple sub-meshes and materials. Unity not supported additional materials with submeshes. (Unity add material to last sub-mesh).
    I hope you understand me :)

43. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Oh, so you can't access all the materials by script?

44. kripto289

kripto289

I can get all materials using "renderer.materials/sharedMaterials". But if mesh have 2+ materials (because mesh used submeshes) then i can't add material to all submeshes.
    In the current case, the bird have splited mesh (hair, body and tail). So, new material will be added to last sub-mesh (tail).

45. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Alright, then I did misunderstand you. So he could just change the other materials himself from a script, right?

46. kripto289

kripto289

It does not help.
    He can't add "ice" meterial to all sub-meshes.
    He should change sub-meshes to separated objects (hair, body, tail). Then script will add "ice" material to all objects.

47. Stormbreaker

Stormbreaker

Hey Kripto, using Unity 5.3.1 I get a lot of errors when using the particle prefabs (Pack 2). I've attached a picture of some of the errors.

Attached Files:

48. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    This is bug of unity particles. Just wait next patch.

49. Gmotagi

Gmotagi

I'm suffering from this as well, however v5.3.0f4 which was the version before 5.3.1 it works as expected.

Kripto to you have an issue number for this so it can be voted up ?

50. hopeful

hopeful

I believe it has already been fixed, or at least some of the cases have been and Unity is working on it. I'm waiting for an official new release (Unity 5.3.2), but they say the patch (5.3.1p1) is out and working, so if you need that ... get it.

EDIT: In fact, I see there's another patch published yesterday (p2), so probably more improvements there.