Search Unity

Realistic dynamic interior lighting

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by koberko, Jul 8, 2015.

1. koberko

koberko

Hi, this is one small test scene I did for testing Unity realtime GI, reflections and shaders. I'm quite happy with result for now.

This scene was build using standard Unity shaders and standard, built in lighting system.

Light is done by single directional light that acts as sun, and two point lights for night stand lamps.

Indirect lighting is done with precomputed realtime GI solution, which enables me to change lighting in runtime with corresponding change to indirect lighting.

Reflections are done by single reflection probe with real time update, and 256px resolution.

GI calculation is done only on walls, floor and ceiling, and rest of objects are dynamic object lit by light probes. That way GI calculation is faster and less demanding, while I can still have movable objects in scene.

Contact shadows and ambient shadows are done with image effect SSAO.

And rest image affects are color correction using curves, tone mapping, vignetting and chromatic aberration.

Objects for scene (furniture) was part of one free models set I had downloaded from web, but they were to detailed (bed alone had over 1 million polygons), so I had to optimize them and redo UV mapping. Rest of scene was build from scratch (walls, windows, doors, curtains)

HD image gallery: http://imgur.com/gallery/oG0ZG

2. jorolom

jorolom

cool, but i think if add some AO and bloom will be more realistic;)

3. koberko

koberko

They are already present, but I don't like to have them to highly pronounced (even this values are a bit to high). I use SSAO with high radius only to "fake" soft ambient shadows, otherwise it can look strange if it's to low. You can see it better if you look at full HD images on that last link.

And just one more extra video; my older test done in Unity 4:

4. jorolom

jorolom