Search Unity

REALIS3D - A brand new Architectural Visualisation/Presentation Tool

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by realvisual, Feb 10, 2012.

1. realvisual

realvisual

Hey Community at Large…

So here is REALIS3D – a product designed for architects, engineers, designers and people involved in the construction industry. This is the sneak peek and information regarding this technology is not available anywhere else.

We really want to hear your feedback and as soon as its ready, you will be able to download the ALPHA version from the www.realis3d.com website.

REALIS3D is different, it imports any fbx or obj file at runtime. This is a product and once purchased by a user, does not require us to be involved and does not require them to have any development experience. It will work on windows or mac and will publish executable, web player, flash and a native R3D file that can be opened by other REALIS3D users.

IMPORTING FBXs outside of Unity

The system will work with revit, 3ds max, archi-cad, sketchup and Bentley… Anything that can export an fbx.

Also, and we feel this is really important, it can separate meshes so an object that has 3 materials assigned in revit will be the same in REALSI3D – this is as far as we know unique outside of Autodesk Showcase.​

It’s a design and presentation tool first. The moment a model is imported, you can walk, fly or orbit around it. From there you can make videos, take pictures, change the scene, put in points of interest and configure the environment.

Designing is easy, as you can see below…

So, what is it, how does it work and why is it clever?? We see lots of services for the AEC industry and having spoken to lots or architects, it's not going to work for them - it has to be a product. This is because, when changes are made in their CAD or BIM projects, this has to be manually re-done. The advantage here, thanks to the fbx importer is that every time a change is made, you can open REALIS3D and load the updated model. In fact, it will save all your changes (lights, textures and scene info) and just update the CAD or BIM changes.

We are a small business with big ambitions and this is important to us, so please let us know your feedback good or bad, we will listen.

ALPHA version will soon be available on our website. www.realis3d.com.

Thanks for looking!

Youtube.com/realis3d
    Twitter.com/therealis3d

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
    sowatnow likes this.
  2. nicunity

nicunity

Hi there. Are there any plans to release the Fbx importer? I think it could easily be $200 on the asset store.

3. kenshin

kenshin

I will buy it!

4. runner

runner

This thread looks like SPAM i love to be proven wrong and in no way can i endorse this competitors solution or what it represents.

Its not a tool for US Unity Game developers moreover not a discussion of Game Development or a product developed from Unity. and Not a Tutorial in using product tool in learning.

5. nicunity

nicunity

Runner, it was written in unity...

6. kenshin

kenshin

This is not spam... is a great example of a non-game application made with unity3D

7. Nick3d

Nick3d

This is pretty sweet!
    Can't wait ti try the Alpha, looking at the video it seems a very useful tool...

Congrats :)

8. realvisual

realvisual

Hey everyone, thanks for all the feedback...

runner, definitely not spamming - we are trying to get feedback from the unity community and particularly AEC developers because at present there is a huge gap in the market that unity alone can not fill and REALSI3D is built from the ground up, entirely in unity....

RV

9. runner

runner

Then please accept my apologies, Sorry.
    Never the less i'am very impressed with the awesomeness of REALIS3D Turnkey Visualization/ Presentation Tool. And most likely envy not having the prowess to pull off even a tenth what you guys did.

10. kondrup

kondrup

Will the Fbx importer be available for purchase some time in the future?

11. norby

norby

very nice , looks a bit like lumion3d
    great work. i am impressed

Norby

12. elbows

elbows

Interesting stuff. I note that the alpha is actually available on your website now, but you have to sign up and the page that has the download button isn't immediately obvious (look under community when signed in).

It ran a bit too sluggish on my laptop which kinda spoilt the experience so I'm going to try it on a more powerful desktop.

13. Nick3d

Nick3d

Pain in the ass is always the same: mesh optimization, that is reeeeeeeally time consuming for architectural visualization

14. realvisual

realvisual

Hey everyone, thanks for the comments - just to answer some questions...

Yes the FBX importer will be available at some point, we will keep you posted.

Lumion is a great tech but we are trying to do something a little bit different and focused 100% on archviz.

Thanks for the website feedback,we have updated the site so its on all pages and you no longer have to sign up!

Laptops and REALIS3D are not great friends at the moment... we are working really hard on that!!

Mesh optimization... where to start!?!! So, our aim is to have this running on the workstations that can make the CAD output with publishing tools that will run on lower spec machines. So for this reason, there is no need to optimize the mesh. REALIS3D is being designed as a product and bypass the need for technicians to spend ages optimizing as if they have the power to run the 3D file, they have the power to run REALSI3D.

New links for the alpha are on the website...

Thanks everyone!
    RV

15. IanB

IanB

Interesting and right up my street!! Just the reason I've recently started learning unity,, looking forward to seeing where this goes and I'll register just as soon as my work allows me 30 mins spare time,,,,,, good luck

16. realvisual

realvisual

Thanks Ian, thats really cool! Let us know how you get on!
    RV

17. momoslamdunk

momoslamdunk

very good product, I'll buy it!

18. virror

virror

Very cool!
    Buying an apartment soon and i wish that company had this kind of tool because there is a lot of customizations we can do with the interior, like cabinet doors, sinks, handles, refrigerators, ceramic tiles and so on. Would be so cool to be able to "walk" around while trying out all different kinds of combinations : )

19. realvisual

realvisual

Thanks again for the positive feedback - talking about apartments, we are working with people who make new builds. We are really interested in how we can convert already built buildings into 3D that works in Unity.

Things like kinect may work or laser scanning but not as well as CAD.

20. realvisual

realvisual

Hi Everyone, just to let you all know that the new alpha version has been uploaded to the website http//www.realis3d.com where you can access it for free by creating a free account.

http://youtu.be/YC9zDAtpwSk

Thanks
    RV Team

21. bali33

bali33

It's amazing !
    Is it possible to have a FBX importer alpha too ? ;-)

22. jpatinop

jpatinop

something for mobiles?

23. GrannySmith

GrannySmith

Is there any update to this project? At least for me the homepage of realis3d.com is not available and i can't find any other informationer somehwere else.

24. realvisual

realvisual

Alpha release is back online and can be downloaded from the website... www.realis3d.com

25. Jean-Michel585

Jean-Michel585

Hi,
    I do not find this company and this application
    The domain name does not exist
    What is the new name of Realist3d?
    thank you in advance