Search Unity

Real world distance between device camera and detected plane

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Averge, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Averge

Averge

Hello!

Is there any way to get the real world distance between camera and found plane in Vuforia with Ground Plane?

The issue is that we need to scale our model to be precisely as real world object it represents. It was trivial for ImageTargets but now we want to implement this feature for GroundPlane.

I've tested a GroundPlane feature on iPad and S7 and there is a big difference between objects sizes placed on plane surface.

Thanks.

2. vad710

vad710

Vuforia

If you're using a device that is not ARKit enabled, GroundPlane (GP) will make some assumptions about the scale through the use of the "height" hint under the "Advanced" section of the PlaneFinderBehaviour. You want to set this at an estimated height of where the device will be once GP is activated. For instance, if you expect a sitting experience, you want to set it closer to a meter.

We're looking to improve this going forward, but for right now it's needed in order to support older devices.

3. ayeshamaqsood30

ayeshamaqsood30

Hello,
    my ground plane detection app is detecting the ground with tracking but after some time the app closes.I have tested this app on samsung s7 but the phone gets heated.Kindly please help me out if anyone knows the solution.