Search Unity

Official **READ ME FIRST** Troubleshooting connection/loading project issues with Package Manager

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by samuelb_unity, Apr 16, 2020.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

For those who went through the readme, error still happening, all you need to do is nuke the end of your json, like so.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {
    2.   "dependencies": {
    3. // ... stuff
    4.   },
    5.   "testables": [
    6.     "com.unity.collections",
    7.     "com.unity.entities",
    8.     "com.unity.jobs"
    9.   ],
    10.   "registry": "https://staging-packages.unity.com"
    11. }
    bye bye tail
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {
    2.   "dependencies": {
    3. // ... stuff
    4.   }
    5. }

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  2. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, I'm sorry to see you are having this issue. What version of Unity are you using? Did you launch Unity Package Manger from the terminal as suggested in the section Blocked Ports & Timeout Suggestions? What do you get in your browser if you open http://localhost:10010/health (or changing 10010 by the port you used to launch Unity Package Manger). Are you able launch Unity to connected to the Unity Package Manger instance as per the the instructions in Blocked Ports & Timeout Suggestions?

3. ingridsl

ingridsl

I'm unable to use the Package Manager since saturday. I did everything I found in the internet trying to fix it.
    I deleted and recreated the firewall rules, deativated the antivirus, logged out and logged in (from Unity Editor and from Unity Hub), restart the computer and Unity but I still get the error.

[Package Manager Window] Error while getting product update details: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to call Unity ID to get auth code.
    UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done (UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient/State,int)

I don't know what to do anymore. Everything works fine in 2020.1, but not in 2020.3

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  4. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey ingridsl, I'm sorry to see you are having issues with Unity, but the problem that you posted is not the one discussed in this particular thread: the goal of this thread is to help users to troubleshoot and find a solution when they are not able to open their Unity project due to connectivity problems between Unity and the Unity Package Manager application. For what I can see in your error it is some kind of issue you are having while trying to open "My Assets" in the Package Manager with your project opened.

I've seen these other two posts in the forum that might help you: https://forum.unity.com/threads/solved-error-i-cant-download-assets.890551/#post-5853583 and https://forum.unity.com/threads/my-...nity-id-to-get-auth-code.905666/#post-6207693

In case you don't find a solution for your problem, I strongly recommend you to submit a bug about this issue, that way we can have more information about the problem, your OS, Unity specific version, etc. The page detailing the bug reporting process can be found here: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

Good luck.

5. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @laurentlavigne: the staging registry has been decommissioned for some time. To which readme are you referring here? I could follow up with the corresponding team to update the documentation where this old registry is still referred to. Thanks in advanced for the info.

6. Superbobrik

Superbobrik

I am trying to fix this for weeks.. Actually tried everything, 2020.1 work great, .2 and .3 will show this error. I don't know what to do now

7. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

I'd suggest file a bug report so we can take a look at the log files to see what is going on if you've tried everything in the pinned thread.

https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

8. lofwyre

lofwyre

Hey Unity, when are you going to support continue for downloads in the package manager? When I'm downloading anything bigger than 10MB I have to go outside to fart in case it causes the package manager to fail.

StrangeWays777 likes this.
  9. Zoranner

Zoranner

Code (CSharp):
    1. Cannot perform upm operation: self signed certificate in certificate chain [NotFound]
    2. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()
    I built an unity packages server and configure the SSL with a self signed certificate, unity needs an option to ignore that. Like npm strict-ssl false or cafile=C:\Users\someone\ssl\local-ca.crt. If there is no already an option. Is seems like Unity does not access the certificates of the OS (Windows 10). Or the package manager it self. maybe it's a separated system?

10. bitinn

bitinn

Trying to download or upgrade Burst package had been really painful for us, it's a 300+MB package and Package manager just stall forever.

It's worse if you are launching a project without the correct Burst version in cache.

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  11. SilverStorm

SilverStorm

This is very interesting. I've never experienced this before. I was looking forward to the shadow improvements for URP going from version 2021.1 to 2021.3 and surprisingly I can't even get into the engine because of that package manager issue.

The only clue I have is when I install it the firewall first install notice has the public network greyed out. I followed some instructions but no matter what is done on the firewall the error will not go away. This is a critical bug it has nothing to do with user side or firewalls because as you can see most people in this thread cannot solve it.

I think this Unity version I'm on may be the last one because it's become dangerous to upgrade now.
    Also on a unrelated but related note I've also got 6 bloody Unityhub.exe instances now @ 300mb of Ram????
    I used to love this engine back in the early days it was so light, things were so simple it used to do everything including packages with just 1 instance....I've spent thousands of dollars on mostly asset store things and plugins while Unity has added so little in things most people will use and what feels like 10 x more bloat and resource usage :(. 1 step forward 2 steps back....I need help lads.

12. ScorphiusMultiplayer

ScorphiusMultiplayer

Hi @unityteam/ @UnityMaru / @supitaUnity ,
    I am neither able to launch or upgrade to 2021.3.0 or 2021.3.1 Unity nor to the 2020.3.33. I get the upm launch error.
    I had no such issues till unity 2020.3.31. I am using unity 2020.3.31

I have tried disabling firewall and / or set up the inbound rules and reinstalled but the issue persists.

The diagnostic report is as follows
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unity Package Manager Diagnostics (v0.2.0)
    ============
    Ran 6 checks
    ============
    3 succeeded
    1 failed
    2 returned a warning
    ============
    ✅ UPM registry reachable (PASS)
    Make an HTTP request to the UPM package registry
    >> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    >> X-Powered-By: Express
    >> Provider: Genesis
    >> Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 02:51:02 GMT
    >> Connection: close

⚠️ Ping UPM registry (WARNING)
    Measure the latency of the UPM package registry API
    >> 3 pings made in 5.451 seconds
    >> Average latency: 303.93 ms
    >> Minimum latency: 287.61 ms
    >> Maximum latency: 320.81 ms
    >> Standard deviation: 16.61

⚠️ Ping UPM download (WARNING)
    Measure the latency of the UPM package download endpoint
    >> 3 pings made in 6.479 seconds
    >> Average latency: 37.55 ms
    >> Minimum latency: 36.08 ms
    >> Maximum latency: 40.10 ms
    >> Standard deviation: 2.22

✅ UPM registry download speed (PASS)
    Test the Internet connection using the UPM package registry
    >> Measured speed to the UPM registry: 18.28 Megabits per second

✅ HTTP proxy environment variables (PASS)
    Detect whether proxy-related environment variables are set (HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, ALL_PROXY, NO_PROXY, UNITY_PROXYSERVER, UNITY_NOPROXY)
    >> No proxy support has been configured through environment variables.

❌ UPM health check (FAIL)
    Start the UPM process and call its health endpoint
    >> Server exited unexpectedly. Exit code: 3221225785

----
    I am also not able to launch the unitypackagemanager form the command prompt to perform the health check " UnityPackageManager -p 10010" . Attaching the error screen shot and the log files

Have attached the log files.

Attached Files:

BurhanGunay and StrangeWays777 like this.
  13. StrangeWays777

StrangeWays777

Same issues as the person above

Unity Package Manager Diagnostics (v0.2.0)
    ============
    Ran 6 checks
    ============
    4 succeeded
    1 failed
    1 returned a warning
    ============
    ✅ UPM registry reachable (PASS)
    Make an HTTP request to the UPM package registry
    >> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    >> X-Powered-By: Express
    >> Provider: Genesis
    >> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 14:39:27 GMT
    >> Connection: close

✅ Ping UPM registry (PASS)
    Measure the latency of the UPM package registry API
    >> 7 pings made in 5.4 seconds
    >> Average latency: 124.95 ms
    >> Minimum latency: 121.18 ms
    >> Maximum latency: 131.89 ms
    >> Standard deviation: 3.60

⚠️ Ping UPM download (WARNING)
    Measure the latency of the UPM package download endpoint
    >> 4 pings made in 5.27 seconds
    >> Average latency: 81.52 ms
    >> Minimum latency: 32.27 ms
    >> Maximum latency: 114.44 ms
    >> Standard deviation: 35.02

✅ UPM registry download speed (PASS)
    Test the Internet connection using the UPM package registry
    >> Measured speed to the UPM registry: 6.72 Megabits per second

✅ HTTP proxy environment variables (PASS)
    Detect whether proxy-related environment variables are set (HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, ALL_PROXY, NO_PROXY, UNITY_PROXYSERVER, UNITY_NOPROXY)
    >> Proxy support has been configured through the following environment variables:
    >> UNITY_NOPROXY = localhost,127.0.0.1

❌ UPM health check (FAIL)
    Start the UPM process and call its health endpoint
    >> Server exited unexpectedly. Exit code: 3221225785

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've tried everything, In the firewall I've added rules and allowed all network types on both the editor and the hub, I've disabled my firewall, I've tried adding NODE_SKIP_PLATFORM_CHECK = 1 and UNITY_NOPROXY = 127.0.0.1 to both the Environment settings System Variables & User Variables just to be sure, I tried entering http://localhost:10010/health to the browser and it says unable to connect, I made sure 127.0.0.1 localhost is in the manifest.json file, I tried opening the package manager manually and got the exact same error as the person above, all this to no avail, no answers online anywhere, seriously need help I need the new version for an asset package I am using

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  14. taidong291

taidong291

if you ask question like problem then people search easy war error.
    But thanks because a question. This is running hahah

15. taidong291

taidong291

Thank u very very much. I this did runnig LOL

16. ahmmmmmwhy

ahmmmmmwhy

I have Windows 7 and I cannot run latest version of Unity (2021.2.*, 2021.3.*) because of this bug.

Symptoms:

Error message:
    Failed to start the Unity Pacakge Manager local server process. Make sure the process is not blocked by Windows Defender or other anti-virus configuration.

I went to the specified path and launched UnityPackageManager.exe manually. It fails to start with the error,
    Entry point to procedure EventSetInformation is not found in DLL ADVAPI32.dll.
    (Точка входа в процедуру EventSetInformation не найдена в библиотеке DLL ADVAPI32.dll)

Resolution:
    I rolled back to v2021.1.22f, which seems to be compatible with Windows 7.
    You can download it from Unity download archive:
    https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

Attached Files:

17. ScorphiusMultiplayer

ScorphiusMultiplayer

Hello guys,

Request your ETA on the Windows 7 fix.
    It's been almost 6 months now.
    Many of us are not able to upgrade from unity 2020.3.xx to 2020.3.34 or 2022.1.0f

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  18. radianhelixmedia

radianhelixmedia

Also Windows 7.

I try launching Unity 2021.3* and it always crashes at startup. Diagnostic system says its the package manager health check.

I try to launch package manager and get this error:

"The procedure entry point Event SetInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library Advapi32.dll."

Other versions of Unity prior to 2021.2 work fine. 2019, 2020, all good to go. Not 2021.3.

19. ScorphiusMultiplayer

ScorphiusMultiplayer

Workaround that I used. [Warning** do it at your own risk]
    Deleted the package manager folder from 2021.x (2+ gb)
    Default path [C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2021.3.2f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager]

and copied the package manage from 2020.x

Default path -- [C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.31f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager]

But I am going to wait for an official fix. I wont risk my main project to this workaround

ProGameDevUser likes this.
  20. ScorphiusMultiplayer

ScorphiusMultiplayer

I updated windows 7 to KB4474419, and now I am able to use 2021.3.3.

21. synthc

synthc

Here are two things that fixed this issue for me:
    1. Open your project using Unity Hub (opening the Editor directly causes package manager to not connect at all, at least for me).
    2. Make sure Windows is reporting an internet connection. Windows 10 has a bug where it says you have no internet connection when you do. There are various ways to fix this (often resetting the network adapter or router is enough), but it seems that Unity relies on Windows reporting an internet connection before it will even try to connect with Package Manager.

22. Bamboo01-

Bamboo01-

This worked perfectly for me, thanks m8

23. MFS_Calvillo

MFS_Calvillo

Hello, my IT guy and I have been constantly running into issues installing some packages through the package manager; we keep getting the socket is closed error. Some packages, which I assume are automatically installed with Unity, don’t have issues with installing/upgrading through the package manager. We’re currently trying to use Unity 2022.2.1.6f1 which is where most of this issues arise, but it also pops up in earlier versions as well.
    We’ve followed all the instructions in the first post of this thread as well as the following sites, but keep running into issues with the socket being closed.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/network-configuration.590470/
    https://docs.unity3d.com/2022.2/Documentation/Manual/upm-config-network.html

The socket closed error comes up for the below packages while others (e.g., HDRP, FBX exporter, AR Foundation, etc.) were able to install without any issues.
    XR Plugin Management 4.2.0
    Visual Studio Editor 2.0.15
    Netcode for GameObjects 1.0.0

So it seems like the required “whitelist” domains provided in the network configuration documentation does not include all domains that need to be whitelisted. Furthermore, when trying to install the XR Plugin Management 4.2.0 my IT guy saw that Unity was trying to access different domains but was blocked (socket closed error) each time I tried to install it through the package manager. Below are some of the blocked domains:
    a23-54-68-57.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
    a23-56-12-61.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
    a96-7-212-56.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
    a23-208-8-58.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com

Attached are the reports produced by the package manager diagnostic tool. Any help someone can provide as well as an updated list of all domains that need to be whitelisted would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

24. Vetlo

Vetlo

install KB3080149 solved problem, win7 x64

25. ProGameDevUser

ProGameDevUser

THANK!!! This is the only working solution that really helped!

26. bjolet

bjolet

Unity 2022.1.23f1 here. I started using 2022 so that I could change the download directory to a separate disk, but I also had trouble in 2020 and 2021 as well.

I have a LOT of assets that I purchased on the store, so when I open the Package Manager and switch it to "Packages: My Assets", it takes a little while to pull the list. This is understandable. But then each time I click into the search box to find a specific asset, I get this progress bar and a message that it's "Waiting for Unity's code to finish executing".

Sometimes I wait for the progress bar to finish only to have it pop up again when I click to search. This is extremely frustrating as something that should take 30 seconds could take many minutes. Then for each asset that time compounds.

I bought my assets on the store because it was convenient, but this being the only way I download them is not convenient.

upload_2022-11-21_20-39-23.png

27. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello @bjolet, I'm sorry you are having this problem.

Unfortunately I don't think your issue is related to what is being discussed in this particular forum post. I strongly recommend you to submit a bug about your issue, that way we can have more information about the problem, your OS, Unity specific version, etc. The page detailing the bug reporting process can be found here: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

28. PetitFlo

PetitFlo

After a week of trying to solve this problem, i found a solution.
    I'm on Windows 7 SP1 with Unity 2021.3.18f1, so it may not work for other OS/Unity version.

I just had to install the KB3080149 update.

I also did allow everything in my Defender/firewall, but previously to the update installation so it might have worked even without changing thoose settings.

olegfix and supita_unity like this.
  29. Shaelle

Shaelle

I recently got issues with connections in package manager, too. I am using Kaspersky Internet Security, version 21.3.10.391(j), and for me worked following solution:

1) Go into antivirus settings, General, and disable "self-protection" (down below; English name can be a bit different).

2) Exit the program.

3) Delete all content of the folder "C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report".

4) Restart the antivirus.

5) Enable self-protection.

PatientPhantom likes this.
  30. unity_gilda

unity_gilda

Please,
    I need to receive help in diagnosing this issue
    My Unity projects don't open

(Windows 11, and Unity 2019.3.9f1)
    (notebook Lenovo Legion 5)

Test the Internet connection using Speedtest.net, result: "FAIL", detail: Connection error
    No proxy support has been configured through environment variables

The diagnostic report and the accompanying log are attached

Thanks!

Attached Files:

31. DerDicke

DerDicke

Solution: Don't use win 11. Windows is bananaware for at least 3 years after first release. Sorry, couldn't resist.

32. illumkiwi

illumkiwi

I noticed that 1 of 3 of my Unity editors didn't have the discussed error and it made me think.
    That specific editor is installed on secondary HD instead of primary.
    So I :
    • uninstalled the problematic editors and Hub
    • deleted leftover Unity folders in "Users/User/Appdata/Local" and "Users/User/Appdata/Roaming"
    • reinstalled the problematic editors in the secondary HD and Hub in primary HD
    Fixed for me.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
    supita_unity likes this.