Search Unity

Read If You Have FATAL_ERROR [61]

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by MrEsquire, Jun 20, 2016.

1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hey, I got this error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. path is /opt/usr/apps/tmp/com.company.GameG-1.2.0-arm.tpk
    2. __return_cb req_id[30040002] pkg_type[invalid] pkgid[Invalid package] key[start] val[install]
    3. __return_cb req_id[30040002] pkg_type[invalid] pkgid[Invalid package] key[end] val[fail]
    4. processing result : FATAL_ERROR [61] failed
    5. spend time for pkgcmd is [2908]ms
    6. closed
    Then nothing happens on the phone, so it did not install?
    Any ideas?

2. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

What version of unity and is the phones firmware up to date?

You may be able to find out more in the device log by not filtering it. There are a lot of messages to dig through during installation but you may be able to find more information about why it's failing.

MrEsquire likes this.
  3. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Im using the latest Unity 5.3.5patch4 and Z3 (SM-Z300H) firmware latest: TIZEN 2.4.0.3
    I have also downloaded latest Tizen SDK and all the needed files as this is my first attempt at porting a game to Tizen platform.. Thanks

How does one see the device log?

4. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

This page describes retrieving the device log. http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/tizen-faq.html

5. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Dear Masterfalcon, let me share my experience with you so far as first time trying to do a port.
    Firstly I have managed to get the issue resolved, no logs where needed, 90percent of issues do not need logs but again its the poor documentation..It is really cheeky of Unity to ask me to file a bug report because you cannot update your own documentation. So why do you not file it yourself, this not your job to keep Tizen platform supported..Maybe you should consider this for Unity 5.4 coming out soon.

For people out there with similar issues, one needs to do certain steps before trying to attempt to push and test anything on Tizen phones. Within the Tizen IDE, one needs to make sure they click on the "Register Certificate" button first, before any Unity work, then one needs to check the "Connection Explorer" and see if there device is visible, then right click on this and select "Permit to Install Applications" this will then enable everything to be setup properly before pushing from Unity, enter "Signing Profile Name" as per IDE setup, and there we have it, your ready to go..

Inok likes this.
  6. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

As for the certificate documentation, Samsung has already created some great docs so we decided to defer to them rather than to duplicate them within our own documentation. The instructions for getting to them are in Step 2. http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/tizen-setup.html

You say that the documentation is poor. Could you give specific examples of where it is lacking?

The reason that we ask users to file bugs is so they can be notified when they are fixed and also because they may have a lot more information regarding the issue than we do.

7. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Samsung has indeed created great docs (agreed) but they have done this without taking into consideration Unity.
    Anyway not wish to argue with you, just expected the Unity setup guide be more detailed and contain all that is needed and not just 2/4 of the information. As you can see from previous posts people had issue with CLI and deployment. Exact same issues I had when starting off, and no where its mentioned about opening IDE and other stuff, least a line or two, really all you got add is my post above but in a few nicer lines.

If you work on this platform, the steps in my previous post you should be familiar with.
    Im shocked you taking this approach- like you do not understand how to setup Tizen and directing me to official pages. Anyway expected this reply from Unity as anyone who tries to critise anything from them gets slapped with file bug report and no acknowledgement something can be improved and added to list. You dont have to make any changes to the official Unity docs, its all good.. just one user ranting...

This last posting im making on this issue, hope the thread helps others..