Search Unity

Read Apple TV remote dpad touches AND swipe gestures

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by ColinAmuzo, Nov 3, 2016.

1. ColinAmuzo

ColinAmuzo

Is it possible to read Apple TV remote dpad touches (ie up, down, left, right edge touches) *and* swipe gestures separately?

I'd like to use both input methods at the same time in my game.

The tvOS menus certainly support this (ie you can navigate them with taps *and* swipes).

I know the reportAbsoluteDpadValues field decides which type of input is mapped to the Unity input controller axes; but are both input method values available somewhere else?

Thanks.

Colin

2. ColinAmuzo

ColinAmuzo

By setting reportAbsoluteDpadValues to false (to read swipes) and setting touchesEnabled to true, can I read swipes from Input.GetAxis and interpret the touch data myself as dpad input?

3. ColinAmuzo

ColinAmuzo

Ok I just tried the above approach. Regardless of where on the remote touch pad is pressed, and regardless of the value of reportAbsoluteDpadValues, the initial touch position is always reported as (960, 540). If I slide my finger around, the position changes, but it always starts at (960, 540) regardless of where I press. Is this expected?

4. livingtech

livingtech

This certainly seems like a bug...

5. mrSaig

mrSaig

Its been a while but I got similar issues with 2018.1
    I can detect swipes easily but no dpad values at all
    if I set Remote.reportAbsoluteDpadValues to True it does exactly nothing still swipes an no dpads values in the getaxis horizontal or vertical

any new on this issue? Any help?

6. ldewet-ct

ldewet-ct

I'm getting the same issue on apple TV siri remote. Has anybody found a solution to this?

7. ltomov

ltomov

I think I found a workaround for the ignored reportAbsoluteDpadValues property.
    I set this to true in the beginning of the game, but then Unity sets it back to false for some reason.

The workaround is to set it once again (possibly with some delay). This works in 2019.4.