Search Unity

Reach CCU Limit

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by jpv1234, Sep 18, 2015.

1. jpv1234

jpv1234

Hello, I'm considering on which platform is the best to make my game multiplayer enabled. It is a turn based mobile game. Until now I have seen Photon, Unity Multiplayer and Gamesparks.

The question is fairly simple. The first two have a CCU limit, (20 CCU in Photon and 100 CCU Unet in their free versions) how difficult is to reach this level? It seems a little bit crazy that with 8000 Monthly Active Users, the game can only have 20 CCU.

Can someone please give me a little bit of light? Im confused :(

Also if you have experience in any of these platforms or different ones (including Gamesparks) I would really appreciate to know your opinion

2. jaybdemented

jaybdemented

I should point out that unet 100 ccu is only temporary I believe. They have yet to set a price or limit. Like you I'm looking for the best option. I would let to add some more options for you.
    Appwarp has a free 100 ccu.
    Cross.net is free but you'll need access to mysql.

3. larku

larku

What is cross.net? Googling doesn't yield much of relevance.

4. jaybdemented

jaybdemented

There is a post on the forums. You can also go to the web site at numbapple.com.

5. tobiass

tobiass

I can help with Photon's CCU limit.
    CCU relates to players playing at the same time (no matter how many games/rooms are used).
    CCU are a lot lower than DAU and obviously even less than Monthly Active Players. Not everyone is playing all the time, right? You sleep and eat and some just play every other day.
    When you get 8k MAU, you should not stick with the Photon Free plan and 20 CCU. You should at least get the 100 CCU plan and have an eye on your numbers (there is a Dashboard, which shows CCU).

If your players are very active or you do a promotion in-game, then you might have spikes of CCU. Any of our paid plans includes "CCU Burst". The CCU limit is no longer strict and more players can connect. You can adjust your subscription or let us know to enable a hard cap according to your CCU limits.

If you need more CCU for some showcase, get in touch (developer@exitgames.com).
    The prices should be fair and simple and when you go beyond 1k CCU, you hopefully have some form of revenue from the game.

6. vonlyan

vonlyan

7. vonlyan

vonlyan

Please anyone explain me what is CCU Burst??
    what does CCU Burst included mean?

8. tobiass

tobiass

CCU Burst means your title can go over the set/subscribed CCUs temporarily, e.g. if it's more popular than you expected due to a sale or event. Players are not being sent away when the CCU limit is reached.

9. r31o

r31o

And how much you can exceed the CCU limit with CCU burst?
    Is something like the 20% of the max CCU or a concrete number?

10. tobiass

tobiass

There is no concrete number, no. We'll get in touch and usually, it's in mutual interest to either cap the CCUs or not.