Search Unity

Re-use same animation with different offsets?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by FaceToggle, Oct 8, 2013.

1. FaceToggle

FaceToggle

Can I blend different versions of the same anim clip (having different offsets) into each other using mechanim blendtrees? I'd like to do left and right turns of my run anim by just using the same clip with different rotation offsets in their properties. But I'm having trouble editing the properties of the clip, they are greyed out. Not sure that has to do with the cross usage of the clip.

With any other unity object I'd simply create different prefabs or parametrize the value in a script, but I dont think that would work for a blendtree anim ..?

Thanks

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

You can't do exactly what you're describing. You could assign the same clip to different motion fields and change their speeds or mirror them. But to change the rotations, you need to make a duplicate copy of the clip (select and hit Ctrl-D), adjust the rotation in that copy, and then assign it to a motion field.

Or you could use the sample mocaps that Unity provides. They include a ton of turning animations.

3. FaceToggle

FaceToggle

Ok thx.
    Will look into those other samples then, was mainly curious about the technical alternatives in the first place