Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Re-Uploading old Assets / Scenes

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Toreole, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Toreole

Toreole

I have not seen a way to re-upload old Assets or Scenes from a old backup, downloaded through the editor via the backup function of the Collaborate System. This is unfortunate, as we accidentally deleted about 40% of the scene we were working on and wanted to restore it.
    What i first did is getting the old backup. And it worked, BUT then the system would only let me download all of the newer stuff, including the scene, that was missing a whole lot of objects. So then i figured that i should create a local copy of the Scene, update the Assets with the Collaborate Cloud, and then replacing the broken scene with my local copy.
    I think it would be good, if you could manually decide, what backup data you dont want to be overwritten by the new changes, so that accidents like this one are less likely to happen.
    Best Regards - Toreole

2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

@Toreole
    Thank you so much for the feedback. I'm absolutely heartbroken you lost work with the expectation the product was something it was not, but am thankful you were able to make a work around.

The GOOD NEWS is that both a partial commit AND a true "roll back" will be available in our preview build coming soon. I've pinged the team with your feedback and I'm also including @quixotic (Collab PM).