Search Unity

Re publishing older [v5.xxx] based projects

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by eco_bach, Jan 23, 2020.

1. eco_bach

eco_bach

Impossible task. Trying to simply recompile an older (Unity 5.5) Vuforia based project. Downloaded the older version of Unity and successfully launched the project without any errors. However I need iOS support which is a separate component. But the component installer keeps throwing errors!

Has anyone ever had to re publish older (Unity 5.xxx) iOS based projects? What was your solution?

Attached Files:

2. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

Are you trying to install it through the Unity Hub? I remember there being some issues installing older builds on OSX Catalina but I think they were fixed if you did it via the Hub. Also, if you've renamed your Unity folder in Applications to something else that can also cause problems.

3. Moonjump

Moonjump

I had a project in 5.6 that I tried to upload a build of to App Store Connect earlier this week. It failed because of something Unity included at that time, but is no longer allowed. I updated to 2018.4 and once I had sorted the issues (which wasn't a major problem) it uploaded without any issue.

The only thing I had to deal with was an extra Probability field has been added to Bursts in the Emission component of Particles. Oddly (I wasn't using such polite language at the time) the probability was set to 1 for some, and 0 for others, so I had some particle effects not working (many still not do work in the horrible Prefab editor, but do in the game!).

Vuforia is something I have never used, so cannot comment on how it is effected.

My suggestion is make sure you have a backup copy of the project in 5.5, and update to something newer. It may not create any issues, and is fast to try. But one thing to beware of. I updated from 2018.4.8 to 2018.4.16. Unknown to me this included an update to Unity Hub, which no longer supports 5.6 (I was fine using 2018.4.8).