Search Unity

Re-Occuring Black shadows

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Tidvis_Martin, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Tidvis_Martin

Tidvis_Martin

Hello Unity Forum!

I'm having some issues when baking light in my scene where after bake all the static objects shadows become completely black, and now a few hours after I cleared the baked data and have worked in a normal looking scene it suddenly after entering play mode turned back to how it looked when it was baked.
    The shadows are completely back and the unlit sides of buildings are also very dark. I've looked around and tried some of the most suggested solutions:
    - Disable any plugins (I thought it might be my post processing stack that had gone haywire but no, both the layer and volume component are both disabled yet here I am)
    - Decrease the shadow strength (Does help with the shadows but the buildings walls that are in shadow still looks very dark and wrong)
    - Ambient Light/Environment light intensity (I have changed the environment light source to color and increased the intensity of the HDR color and gotten the shadows back-ish but the sides of the building still does not look right too me, like the color is bleeding in too much.)

Another problem I now have is that my water seems to want to go from being brown to being grey because it is reflective, so somehow it's reflecting pure grey even if I use the skybox as a reflection/lighting source and no matter the strength I set the environment reflection to..

If anyone knows why this is popping back up or how to fix the initial bake so I don't have to delete the data I'd love to hear from you!

Attached Files: