Search Unity

Re-Create Android Manifest XML File

Discussion in 'Android' started by ecequalsm2, May 3, 2017.

1. ecequalsm2

ecequalsm2

So,
    I was trying to follow a tutorial for setting up advertisements with ad mediation and some kind of way, I jumbled up a few sets of instructions after looking at everything and trying with no success for too long. In the process, I inadvertently (so to speak) deleted my AndroidManifest file in both my project and on my hard drive (hoping that everything could master reset itself so long as I had the Assets folder and the Project Settings. So, I tried to rebuild the project and everything EXCEPT my AndroidManifest file was rebuilt and reset. I'm trying to build this game for android, but it won't build onto my phone even though it keeps saying 'Build Successful.'

Is it possible to recreate the AndroidManifest file at this point? I've tried doing multiple 'build and runs' even after switching the platform target to android and readjusting player settings, but it still won't rebuild and I'm still not seeing the builds ever reach my android phone.

Suggestions anyone?

2. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

I assume your AndroidManifest.xml was a custom one in Assets/Plugins/Android - in that case, you'll need to recreate it on your own. If you didn't modify it yourself - most probably it's coming from one of the plugins/Asset store packages.

3. ecequalsm2

ecequalsm2

Ok thanks! I'll see what I can do and reply if I have any additional trouble.

4. BlackRece

BlackRece

I have a similar issue where I am creating an AR Android game but kept getting a deploy error that the manifest could not be found.
    After trying several times to rebuild the project, this link (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/android-manifest.html) states that the manifest is automagically generated by Gradle.
    So I want the original manifest back and in the right location. But, the only way to accomplish this now is to manually create and place the desired manifest in the correct location.
    Is there really no way to make unity regenerate/populate the manifest?