Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

RC Builds + Final Release

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by MrEsquire, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Looking at the roadmap date, will Beta 10 be the final beta before the final version. It seems like the deadline cannot be met and 5.4 final will have much issues with maybe patch1 fixing things?

Also as you are aware of the massive 5.3x performance thread, have things been tackled differently in 5.4 final. The changelogs in the betas look good so far but little mobile improvements?

2. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Stay tuned at GDC.

Aware of the 5.3 perf items and still working on them. 5.4 has a number of alternate changes that can't be backported for some of the improvements made there.

MrEsquire likes this.
  3. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Before the thread gets closed for no reason and before one says its moaning or complaining.

Let me put this in simple terms, so staff and Unity fans dont get pissed off.

As someone who on the forums all the time I have noticed that Beta 10 just came out, with multiple known issues (not complaining) this is just fact. No mention or RC build, and looking at the timeline it seems Wednesday GDC final build should be released. It seems that still some work left to do and therefore is Unity late with final version of 5.4?

sanpats likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Locked. And you should stop now @MrEsquire - you have been complaining for a very long time and it's a moderator decision to end it. Please don't open topics that have been closed.

I accept you are upset, but repeatedly going over the same point is not helping you. (Staff can reply to this thread with updates if they wish though)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.