Search Unity

Razer Tartarus Causing Issues

Discussion in 'Input System' started by The_MrX_, Feb 10, 2020.

1. The_MrX_

The_MrX_

Basically I'm working with a few students on a Isometric shooter.

And I suggested we try out the new Input system, since it's going to have to support controllers anyway and the old input system doesn't support sudden disconnections/connections of controllers during runtime.

Now I've personally had no issues, however one of the other coders had issues with the movement.
    WASD movement would not work at all and movement via the controller joystick was going to zero every few frames(charecter would constantly change to the not moving animation and stutters around).

Now after some tinkering, we noticed that unplugging his Razer Tartatus keyboard solved the issue. Model no. RZ07-0151(latest drivers from synapse cloud according to him)

Now ironically the movement was the only thing that I have tied to C# Event callbacks. (The other controls I've set to Keyboard.current.vKey.isPressed and so fourth until I get the chance to set them all to event callbacks)

https://i.imgur.com/3Rux0oF.png

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void OnMove(InputAction.CallbackContext callbackContext)
    2.         {
    3.             _inputMoveVector = callbackContext.ReadValue<Vector2>();
    4.         }
    And yes I asked him to check the InputDebugger, his inputs were being registered while the Tartarus was plugged in.

2. ashdarain

ashdarain

Go into your PlayerControls/InputAction asset and delete any controls you don't need. So delete any XR or Joystick controls, that seemed to fix it for me.