Search Unity

Razer Hydra, with Unity 5 and Onscreen keyboard.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by hoesterey, Sep 26, 2015.

1. hoesterey

hoesterey

Hi,
    So I'm using the Razer Hydra for development until other supported hand controls come out. Despite a comment in the asset store that it does not the Sixense plugin does seam to work in Unity 5

1 problem - button two brings up the on screen keyboard in windows. I can't find a reference to this in code so I assume its in the .dll.

Questions:
    -Does anyone know how to make button 2 not bring up the keyboard?
    -Is there a better solution to get the hydra to work in Unity 5 then the unsupported Razer Hydra plugin out there?

Thanks in advance

2. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

If you start the Motion Creator 2 application you can set the Controller Mode to Gamepad.
    You still get the same data from the dll in unity but for me the onscreen keyboard went away.

3. hoesterey

hoesterey

Awesome, thanks Lennart!

4. hoesterey

hoesterey

The Keyboard trick ended up not working for me.
    Its ok though as I'm going to design to only use the buttons on the left of the sticks until the oculus touch comes out (as it only has 2 buttons per controller.

That said new issue is the mouse doesn't stay locked on the screen when using the hydra in a multi-monitor setup. It does stay locked on screen when not using the hydra. Any ideas?

5. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Think this is part of the same problem. The hydra controles the mouse on the other mode. Again for me gamepad mode turned this off.

6. hoesterey

hoesterey

Heya,
    Discovered having the game view "Maximize on Play" fixed the issue for me. Apparently Cursor lock does not work unless the game view maximizes on play.