Search Unity

Raytracing Issue

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by ERaege, May 27, 2021.

1. ERaege

ERaege

Hi, I recently tried to activate raytracing in my scene, but I keep running into issues. Every time I check the "Realtime Raytracing (Preview)" checkbox, my scene fails to render anything. Everything just becomes a solid gray.
    upload_2021-5-27_18-24-19.png

I'm currently running Unity 2021.1.4f1 and all issues are fixed within the HDRP Wizard. I am running this on a RTX 3070.

If I uncheck the box I mentioned above, everything is visibly rendered within the viewport again. As additional info, if the box is checked, everything renders pure black from the Main Camera's perspective as well.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

2. altepTest

altepTest

check if unity is using the correct gpu maybe it uses the integrated gpu from intel

3. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

Pure black from the Main Camera's perspective could be NaNs, can you check "Stop NaNs" in the general tab in your camera and verify if it renders correctly after ?

Also, there's a Render Pipeline Debug mode for this (Window > Render Pipeline > Render Pipeline Debug Mode > Rendering then pick the Nan Tracker under Full Screen Debug Mode. If there's some NaNs you should be able to see them in red in the frame.

4. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

@ERaege @chap-unity I have submitted a bug report for a very similar problem a few weeks ago and the answer was that this issue has been fixed in 2021.1.9f1, which I can confirm (for my issue).Try updating your Unity version and see if that fixes it.