Search Unity

Raytraced Realtime Shadows?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Abuthar, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Abuthar

Abuthar

I know it is possible and have seen videos, screenshots, web demos, you name it. ive been doing research for weeks on how to implement it and maybe given my noncoding background and only 1 year of Unity experience, i cannot figure it out.

How do i implement realtime raytraced shadows within unity? I am not looking for someone to give me the answer and hold my hand. but reallu i would like to be guided in a good direction as to how i can learn to do it myself. i know about CGIncludes and modifying these files. ive achieved higher resolution shadowmaps for point lights like this.

However, i need the ability to have accurate raytraced shadows with a smooth penumbra and no shadow acne. I have been working on an ongoing App for artists in which they can create their own references for drawing. customizable facial features, posable bodies, etc. i just this lighting situation figured out so that i can have the cleanest, best looking shadows possible.

Again, i am not looking for performance, the purpose of my app is appearence. its a learning tool. I am open to having a discussion or reading through any material that would lead me to an answer.

if anyone can guide me in the right direction whether it be creating my own lighting system or modifying unity's in order to achieve this, it would be greatly appreciated. And if i can figure this out, i will be open sourcing my results, because this has been one extensive, fruitless search.

Thank you!