Search Unity

Question Rayfire alternative that can work on consoles. (3D destruction functionality)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dfernand, Nov 28, 2022.

1. dfernand

dfernand

I purchased Rayfire for Unity and it works great for 3D destruction FX but the downside is that it doesn't work for consoles e.g. PS4, PS5, XBox One etc.

Do you know of an alternative Unity package which has similar functionality as Unity Rayfire which DOES work for consoles ? The aim would be to develop using both Rayfire and the other tool which works on consoles and switch one out for the other depending on my target platform e.g. PC or console.

Thanks in advance.

2. derkoi

derkoi

Why doesn't it work on consoles?

3. The runtime demolition only work on limited number of platforms at the moment:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/game-toolkits/rayfire-for-unity-148690#description

But AFAIK the usage of prefragmented objects should work. I'm not sure though, not a console developer.

4. dfernand

dfernand

But what about "DestroyIt" Unity Asset by ModelShark Studio ? this other "3D destruction asset" will that work on videogame consoles ? Reading the manual it doesn't state whether it will or it won't, so I dunno. I've posted on the "DestroyIt" thread here and in other places and so far no reply.