Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Ray tracing with dynamically added/deleted objects

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by guodongrong, Apr 2, 2020.

1. guodongrong

guodongrong

Most of objects in my scene are added at the beginning of the application. I used RayTracingAccelerationStructure.AddInstance to add all corresponding renderers in my acceleration structure and called RayTracingAccelerationStructure.Build to build the structure.

In the Update function, I called RayTracingAccelerationStructure.UpdateInstanceTransform for all moving objects and then called RayTracingAccelerationStructure.Update to update the structure.

Some objects are dynamically added to the scene and some are deleted. How should I deal with such objects?
    * When an object is added to the scene, I can call RayTracingAccelerationStructure.AddInstance to add its renderers. Do I have to call RayTracingAccelerationStructure.Build again? Or is RayTracingAccelerationStructure.Update enough?
    * When an object is removed from the scene, how can I delete it from the RayTracingAccelerationStructure? (There is no method like RayTracingAccelerationStructure.RemoveInstance).