Search Unity

(Raw War) my first game fps similar to battlefield 2 .[new download link]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by dudester, Feb 29, 2016.

1. dudester

dudester

2. ar333

ar333

Very nice man.

3. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

I ended up getting a PC for free with a quad core and 4 gb with Windows 7, so I put my gpu in it and played the current demo. I'd love it if you allow disabling the image effects; my computer was struggling really badly and that was probably why.

Also, I found a bug where once I exited out of the pause menu I couldn't look around, but could do everything else (walk, jump, shoot, reopen pause menu, etc).

It looks pretty cool so far!

4. dudester

dudester

@Whiteleaf sorry for the long delay , been busy tracking down these bugs you mentioned , It seems that as you start a new game all the settings get changed to zero including mouse sensitivity , if you notice in options theres a slider for mouse sensitivity this value should be greater then 0 , I've fixed these bugs now .
    Thanks for reporting them .
    Also you can disable image effects in the options menu at the bottom there is the toggles for the different image effects.

5. dudester

dudester

heres some pictures to help with the settings
    Unity 2016-04-18 22-46-24-70.jpg Unity 2016-04-18 22-46-26-40.jpg

6. dudester

dudester

Also what kind of graphics card are you using ?

7. dudester

dudester

Also in other UNET news objects with server only authority dont spawn on clients , strange why would I want an object to only exist on the server and still have a network behaviour on it ?
    Im guessing its a bug or something.

8. dudester

dudester

On the bright side my ai now spawns and I just have to make some small changes then multiplayer is up and running.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Just for development sake, don't upload the debugging files with the build (the .pdb for VS)

10. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

I'm using and older one, but probably within the month/next month I'll get a new one. However, just wondering how much optimization have you done? On lowest settings it looked like 007 for N64 and was still struggling. I do understand my system is older but optimization is key for any video game.

Griffo likes this.
  11. dudester

dudester

will do ,

@Whiteleaf , I tried to optimize as best i could , but it seems physics and particles drain fps quite bad , I need to work on optimizing the AI they use quite a bit of performance , try reducing the amount of AI for now should help with fps.

12. dudester

dudester

v 0.02 is almost done , basically just fixing up some of the multiplayer stuff , then im going to do a bit of work on the AI , right now they a bit to scared , need to add some more behaviors to the AI , once thats done I'll upload the latest version.

13. dudester

dudester

I also just got in touch with a 3dsmax artist and hopefully she can help me with the art in game , IE the tank the helicopter etc.
    Hopefully all goes well .

14. dudester

dudester

So it's been a while since my last update , been busy on the game .
    managed to get the fps up from 20 to 40 fps on max settings so that's good.
    added some optimizations to the AI and particle systems .
    Next up is getting the AI to use all available weapons .
    I've already added different entity types to the different weapons , basically it's just what these weapons can damage , so depending on the enemy type ( say a tank ) they will use the appropriate weapon for the task .

That's all for now , I'll update again once I have more news.

manpower13 and Whiteleaf like this.
  15. dudester

dudester

So new update almost done and ready to test .

Added:
    most weapons have reload animations now.
    added some more effects to the game such as shell shock when shot or close to a explosion.
    Fixed:
    some random bugs that were causing null reference exceptions(still some hidden away )
    fixed the fire effect from the weapons (still needs improving )

that's all for now once i track these null reference exceptions down ill upload the new version.

oh and I have virus scanned my whole PC with several different virus scanners just so you as my testers know its safe to download the game.

16. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Sounds cool, can't wait for the download link!

17. dudester

dudester

thanks , hope you like it , I'm uploading today so it will be available tomorrow sometime, will update with links.