Search Unity

Raw data export to collect user feedback (text)?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Jelmersb, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Jelmersb

Jelmersb

I'm looking for ways to collect qualitative user feedback, e.g. user writes some text.
    I thought of using Unity Analytic. I have a pro license, so I can use raw data export.

Would this be a good idea? What are your experiences for collecting user feedback?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

This isn't a typical use case for our system, but if it works for you then that's great.

There are some limitations that may cause issues for you. Our Custom Events are subject to some client-side limits:
    • 100 events per hour per device
    • 10 parameters per event
    • 100 character limit for event names
    • 500 character limit for total string values (in all parameters)
    I think the last one would be of particular importance to you. You might want to make sure your text input field has a range validation to prevent feedback that can't be sent. You would get the SizeLimitReached result if you tried to send an event that was too large.

If these limits do not work for your app, please open a support ticket and we will see what we can do:
    https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/support/

3. Jelmersb

Jelmersb

Thanks so much for the info! And yeah, the 500 character limit is a bottleneck, especially since I was also planning to add some system info too. I'll give the support ticket a try!