Search Unity

Bug Raw Data Export results Internal Server Error or empty results

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by MB-3DQR, Jul 27, 2022.

1. MB-3DQR

MB-3DQR

We're experiencing problems while creating new exports, trying to export custom events from end of last year:
    • these are occuring via Raw Data Export Frontend and REST API
    • 429 Internal Server Error
    • wrongfully empty export sets ( size=0, eventCount=0)
    Is this a known problem?

upload_2022-7-27_10-23-0.png

upload_2022-7-27_10-23-13.png

Attached Files:

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We had an issue with RDE which as since been resolved, can you try again? The 429 error means you are exceeding the request rate. For a short time, we were limiting requests to 1 report per hour, but please try again

3. MB-3DQR

MB-3DQR

Sorry, we still got an empty report result. Additionally the 429 error is resulted, despite us waiting 1h40mins beween the report creation.
    upload_2022-7-27_15-59-38.png

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

It will be empty if there is no data. Does Data Explorer show the events for that time period? If so, then yes there seems to still be a problem. We are still discussing the throttle limit, hopefully be able to remove it.

5. MB-3DQR

MB-3DQR

Yes, we checked this already in the frontend. We're getting data vizualized there:

upload_2022-7-27_16-27-53.png

Thats why I'm reporting this as a bug here.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Got it, thanks for sharing. Can you send me your ProjectID in a private message? We will check.

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@MB-3DQR We are seeing recent data available via RDE. Unfortunately earlier data that you requested is not available. This service is now deprecated and in maintenance mode with no resources available to work on it, sorry about that. Also, we are now limiting requests to one per hour and is the cause of the 429 dialog. We are working on a better error message.

8. MB-3DQR

MB-3DQR

@JeffDUnity3D couild you be more specific, how "recent" is defined?

We're actually relying on this data we collected since 09/2021
    Then we'd like to request an export in whatever format is available to you. Were can we raise this request?

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You will need to find out yourself unfortunately. Just use a binary search approach to to quickly find the first date available. And no, we are not able to make manual exports, sorry.

10. sourenpapazian

sourenpapazian

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes please see my earlier post. "Also, we are now limiting requests to one per hour and is the cause of the 429 dialog. We are working on a better error message."

12. Finn-Krewer

Finn-Krewer

Could I recommend that if Unity doesn't support this service in its full form then to edit this in the manual and the raw data export page?

Even the current version of the RDE page claims that we can retrieve data anytime:
    "With Raw Data Export, Unity lets you pull data at any time - which means you can add key data to your own internal dashboards with ease. Click here to learn more about using Raw Data Export."

from the manual page:
    "Raw Data Export provides data from June 2016 onwards."

In reality it looks like there is no more than 3 months of data being stored in RDE format.
    I'm in dire need of the export to do more in depth analysis of one years worth of data which the unity analytics data explorer and funnels does not support.

13. Finn-Krewer

Finn-Krewer

I got confirmation now that Raw Data Export doesn't keep the data for longer than 3 months so that data has now been deleted by Unity on their own servers.