Search Unity

Ravenfield map terrain limited size?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by MJS43, Mar 31, 2019.

1. MJS43

MJS43

So I'm building a map for a game called Ravenfield using Unity and I've come to a point where I cannot expand the island any further. I think this is because there is no terrain left to pull up. Anyone have an idea of how to expand the area?

Attached Files:

2. Snorgel

Snorgel

Sie müssen nur auf Terrain klicken, Strg + C [Kopie, die ich nicht kenne, weil ich Deutscher bin], Strg + V, dann hätten Sie ein zweites Terrain, auf dem Sie sich aufbauen können (ich hoffe)

3. Snorgel

Snorgel

Why its in German??? Copy it in the Google translater...

4. Snorgel

Snorgel

Sry my fault, you don't need to copy it, because then it's only a clone.
    Here's the right guide:
    -click on "Assets" (the folder below to the left)
    -tipe in "Terrain"
    -drag "ExampleSence Terrain and swipe it in your window

It would be in your main terrain, so u need to click on the terrian (which is in the console at least)
    and choose move to move it.

hopefully it's working :)

5. Striker_Alpha

Striker_Alpha

I'm new to the Ravenfield Unity map creator, as of right now im making my first publishable-and-decent map (lol) and i found a way how to expand the terrain. In the 5.6.3 version of Unity, the inspector allows you to modify the RavenfieldToolsPack terrain however you want.

upload_2021-10-17_15-47-37.png
    The Terrain Settings allows you to modify the terrain size and resolution to how you want it (3500x3500 is the biggest size i can get on my potato laptop, might be bigger on devices that have better specs)

upload_2021-10-17_15-48-18.png

The terrain Width and length of my map is currently set to 600 as its a small engagement-style map. If you're going to make big maps, i recommend you use as few objects as possible to reduce CPU load (learned that the hard way) But im using the 5.6.3 Unity so i don't really know how the pack works on the other versions, just hope that this helps.