Search Unity

Ratspell MMO Toolkit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by erenaydin, Aug 26, 2011.

1. hike1

hike1

K, I sort of get it, you only see the monsters and the vendors if you have menuMain.unity
    running in the editor, it's all on my local machine. If the player on the internet has client
    he sees the same thing, no need for Unity editor.

Except I'm not sure why the vendors and
    the spiders are invisible in the main.unity scene, there's only the player, an anvil, a blue torus called
    selection icon, (how the player is selected) and a yellow torus- walkTargetting (where the
    player should walk to), and the terrain.

2. erenaydin

erenaydin

They are not invisible. There aren't in the world. The world is on the server, You can't get the world if you don't connect the server by running the kit on main.unity directyly. You should start the kit on menuMain.unity then connect to the server. By this way, you will get the world from the server and the vendors and monster will seen.

3. hike1

hike1

The world is on the server
    unquote
    Aha! the server.unity was so dark I thought it was like MenuMain. I added a Vendorspawn and it showed up in the game. So all my world building is done on the
    server.unity?

4. erenaydin

erenaydin

World building on client but monster and vendor spawns have to placed on server.unity :)

5. entropicjoey

entropicjoey

im very grateful for your contributions, i must say ^^, i have one problem, and thats others connecting to my server, no one can, everything works fine except that fact, i havnt dont the Ratspell Automatic Registration Method, and i may need help with setting that up o.o

6. erenaydin

erenaydin

Your welcome,
    Did you create account for them?
    Or they didn't type your ip correct.

When you started account and game server on your machine,
    they need to open only client and type your ip on client before login.
    And you need to add an account for them from account server.

7. daigos

daigos

which version of unity 3D open correctly project

When i try to save the server,it generates an errors box that writes to me:
    ""ALL COMPILER ERRORS HAVE TO BE FIXED BEFORE YOU CAN ENTER PLAYMODE"
    and what's the problem?
    I followed step by step video information to install the server and generate
    thanks

8. erenaydin

erenaydin

Sorry for the late post.
    Can you post the errors from the console? a screenshot is enough.

9. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Here's a question since this is not a server client kit have you thought of building a matching system into this kit?
    Also in your new game you say built on Ratspell V3 have you made a new Ratspell?

10. cookimage

cookimage

I have done everything correctly I think but when I run the server it gives me this error

"Could not preload global game manager #0"

Any Help?

11. erenaydin

erenaydin

Are you using crack? :D

What you mean with "matching system"?
    and Ratspell V3 is very optimized networking and performance base. an improved version of Ratspell.

12. blaze

blaze

Hi ther, just bought the Asset.
    Get it runnung very well. But, could you put in the asset a complete scene with NPCs, MOBs and everything that Ratspell have?
    I know, have tutorial, but have a "work free" demo scene would be great then work to make it full, in the first time.

You said that Ratspell is on V3. You will update this Ratspell to V2 then?

I'm very happy in found this kit. It have a lot of "samples". Its a giant reference kit.
    have you wondered in use Photon Server instead of the Unity solution? They have a Unity-to-Photon Converter Tool. This can help you.

I dont know if you're interested in continue working on this kit, or is only selling and will not update it. But, I liked very much.
    I will not use it to develop my game directly, I will use only to tests and to learn.

Then, do you intend to continue working on this Asset? I saw that you posted KD MMO Kit, but removed.
    Would be great if you update this tool.

Again, thank you very much for the Asset!

13. erenaydin

erenaydin

Hey blaze, I'm glad you like it.
    Sad to say but I won't release Ratspell v2 or update Ratspell.

and yes I'm wondered about Photon.I will check it out soon.

KD MMO kit has been refused by the store, and KD (Kara Destan the game) was sold.

14. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Too bad so you will never make a server kit?
    Your kit does have its own nich and it would be nice to see some these peeps making a bigger mutiplayer game with it.
    Just because it doesnt fit my game doesnt mean I wouldn't like to play these kinds of games.

I do usualy like to play games made in unity. Our community has made some very good games and its fun seeing them before the rest of the world.

15. blaze

blaze

True, but I can say that the kit will serve to be a very good reference kit.
    I'm planning to reach my life dream that is to make a little-MMO to me and my friends play.
    And, after see this kit, I'm thinking in make a similar kit, but with some diferences.
    Just like he made, created a game, made the kit, I think that I will do the same.
    Not to became rich, just for fun.

Is sad that it will not get updated, I liked very much his style.
    Please, never leave us alone bisaniyehocam!
    Carry on!

16. erenaydin

erenaydin

That is my dream too. Not for money, just for fun. But making an mmo needs some money, so I needed to make toolkits.
    but making a toolkit needs a lot of work and boring :D,

After I got some money, I decided to make games only, hope see you at Lonath Online Beta, soon :)

17. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

You must send me an invite for your beta.

18. erenaydin

erenaydin

19. Mihai93

Mihai93

I see your videos can i have too the invite?

20. erenaydin

erenaydin

A beta invitation form will be available at lonath.com when the time come :)

21. cookimage

cookimage

I bought the pack but have a bug and see it in your demo so I figure its part of the package, do you have a fix for it in your newer version? The bug is when you run into a mob or anything that has collusion, you cant turn right away. Instead it takes a few turns to get out of the collusion area and is extremely bad especially when you are fighting monsters. So cant collide with anything or you will be stuck there for a short while. Any help on that?

22. myarda

myarda

Şunları türkçe paylaştığın bir yer var mı?

23. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

UnityException: Input Axis Camera Zoom is not setup.
    To change the input settings use: Edit -> Project Settings -> Input
    MouseOrbit.CameraZoom () (at Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/Camera Scripts/MouseOrbit.js:50)
    MouseOrbit.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/Camera Scripts/MouseOrbit.js:19)

i got this error Main in ur ratspell what should i do here

24. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

buying this is a regret... promise

25. blaze

blaze

Really, you dont bought a ready game, you bought a game kit.
    Learn to read before buy.
    Learn to research before cry.

http://www.ratspell.com/
    Here is the installation instructions:
    http://www.ratspell.com/documents/1-Installation.pdf

If you cant figure out this, you need to regret of complain, instead of buy. You bought a tool, not a toy.

26. iHavo

iHavo

Dang it... If only I had any money.
    :(

27. DemolitionDerby

DemolitionDerby

Hi,

I am actually starting with unity and would like to gain some experience,

I've lookied around and found this kit to be very interesting.

I am actually NOT aiming at a 250+ players mmo.

What I would like to know is, would it be possible for me (probably with some job) but, I would like to port that to Android. Is it doable?

Thanks

28. erenaydin

erenaydin

Sorry for the late post. I was on vacation.
    But If you mailed me, we could solve this problem easily.

Please check the documentation here:
    http://www.ratspell.com/dochtml/1-Installation.htm

You need to set the Input Settings before using the toolkit.
    If you don't want to do that, mail me (erencik.aydincik@gmail.com)
    and I will send you ready project file link. (all settigns settled)

Thank you for patience :D

29. erenaydin

erenaydin

Yes, good point.
    That's a turning effect on the player, If you want to delete the turning effect (makes touch the colliders and stop)

the fixed scripts you want is attached.

(If you changed playerMain.js before,
    Replace MovePlayerSystem() function only on playerMain.js
    Only this function is changed)

Hmm, this kit is not optimized for mobile. It kills the phones :D
    Even if you think you can convert it to mobile, I would not recommend :)
    But If you want to learn Default Unity Networking and write your own game from zero, this may useful.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  30. Gamenoodle

Gamenoodle

This seems really cool,

A few questions

Is it possible to add your own custom player character's that have customizeable equipment and armour? How would you do this?

Could this be made to work as a mmo browser game?

Is it difficult to use if you dont have any programming knowledge? im just a 3d maker...

????????????????

this actually seems like the best asset ever....

Oh and 2 last questions what polycounts for game character enemies and objects scenary do you use with this?

What polycounts for a browser based mmo game?

thank you

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  31. erenaydin

erenaydin

Yes. it's easy to change the main player but most of my customers couldn't do it, then i helped them.

hmm works on browser. you can check on it at www.ratspell.com --> Try It

Needs programming skills to develop.

I don't any idea about polygon counts for a browser game.
    The main player in the toolkit is 7000-8000 polygons I guess.

32. Gamenoodle

Gamenoodle

I have got ratspell now but i cannot seem to get it to work despite following this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV1pAZv3soA

basically i am using unity free version (the latest one)

This is what i do....

• import asset package
    • double click on server it asks me whether i want to save i say do not not save (like it does on the video)
    • I then go onto build settings
    • add current so that serve pops up
    • i then save the build to a folder in my project called server
    • I edit all the input data which is provided in the .pdf
    • i then go on to the web player to create a new account
    • after i have created a new account i go on to the server i created i choose the fastest settings i minimise and click on the play button on unity i black screen appears with a box to the side saying stop server and a monster count...that is all.
    • I see in the video that a login screen appears? this does not happen for me.

I tried to see whether adding a light and a camera would help...this stopped the screen being black and i could see the terrain but i hadn't got a character to move or anything..

Please help thank you

I got it to work i opened up the menu main scene and then played it

So now its all set up how can i now make my own levels or edit that first level?

Do I create new scenes or delete the whole terrain and replace it with a huge one that i can ad stuff to?

What scenes do you edit and what do you leave alone?

also the pause menu isnt setup because i didn't have enough room how do i add it?

Sorry about all the question but this is a really good assest best iv used on unity so far!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  33. Nubz

Nubz

Just wanted to thank you for freezing my browser so I had to ctrl alt del to shut it down

34. erenaydin

erenaydin

Hey, Gamenoodle! Sorry for the late post, please e-mail me to erencik.aydincik@gmail.com, and we make a teamviewer connection tonight to setup. I will show you the scenes you must start.

And www.ratspell.com is currently unavailable, because I left the job and the boss deleted all of my hosts :D
    It will be available again soon...

35. joeyaaaaa

joeyaaaaa

may you give an explanation on where to start with making more servers, i notice all the parts that direct to the ports on player main.j and server.j and menumain.j i assume i make a new server script? and change the port there, make the character disconnect but keep account information load a new level that connects to a different built server?, then add instead a variable to the port in player main to be either this or that? i think with an explantion of what the proccess might be, i might be able to make it work

last edit!!! nevermind, ive solved this, i will make a tutorial for anyone else
    also devision its definitly not my place to say but it seems ratspell 1.3 wont be updated

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  36. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello bisaniyehocam,

Do you plan to update ratspell MMO Kit to the version you used in Lonath Online ?

37. erenaydin

erenaydin

Hi all,
    No, I don't think to make a toolkit with Ratspell v3 currently.
    Also I will start to work on Ratspell v3 again to make v4 with a new MMO game.

38. cepoimario95

cepoimario95

hey i have a question the game has lag i have a good internet connection is it possible to improve network ? i even converted it to ulink but the npc and the player lag i didnt tried the game with a lot of players only 4 players that have a good internet connection two

39. erenaydin

erenaydin

How much fps you are playing with when the lag comes on?

40. cepoimario95

cepoimario95

when the lag came on it dropped from 500fps to 200 but i solved it i gived a null referance exception on the server side olso you should repaird that because it come with the error when you buy it
    add Network.isClient to the function the no more lag
    function sendPlayerTransformCertainly(I*DNumber : String,realName : String,playerPosition : Vector3) { if (Network.isClient IDNumber? == mainPlayer.GetComponent("playe*rMain").playerID) {
    original it was like this
    function sendPlayerTransformCertainly(I*DNumber : String,realName : String,playerPosition : Vector3) { if (IDNumber? == mainPlayer.GetComponent("playe*rMain").playerID) {

thx to Joseph Murray for finding where the error came from

41. hike1

hike1

I tried this in unity 4, it seems to be really slow, and the game area is off to the upper right.

Attached Files:

42. Master_Chief

Master_Chief

I followed all of the tutorials, everything works right except i get stuck at this screen, i login, pick my class, choose the server, then just before it goes on i gets stuck here, any suggestions?

$t.png

43. Master_Chief

Master_Chief

I followed all of the tutorials, everything works right except i get stuck at this screen, i login, pick my class, choose the server, then just before it goes on i gets stuck here, any suggestions?

View attachment 55329

44. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

45. takapi

takapi

Hi :>

When I save and load the character, such errors will appear.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.InvokeBinaryOperator (System.String operatorName, System.Object lhs, System.Object rhs)
    traitorSystem.isSaveisAvailable () (at Assets/scripts/traitorSystem.js:307)
    traitorSystem.OnGUI () (at Assets/scripts/traitorSystem.js:157)

Please tell me how to save and load character.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  46. BlackHunter

BlackHunter

47. cookimage

cookimage

One thing that I find a problem is that you seem not able to run the server on a cloud computer like say Amazon Cloud as they don't have 3d cards and because it a Unity .exe for the server you need a 3d card on the server computer to run it. I might be mistaken but that's what I have gathered so far from every kit that's on Unity that allows MMO type creation.

48. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Would be nice if we could get a unity client/server option where the server was C++ code.. That way it could be compiled on Linux to run on Linux servers... :(

49. radar089

radar089

so i followed the video and after setting everything up when i start the client it says i need to update my game version or something close to that sorry, and it closes and opens a page to your website, but i dont know how to update from there you have 2 links one on documentation and one that is a 404.

50. radar089

radar089

is the Op still around?