Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ratspell MMO Toolkit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by erenaydin, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ZooT_aLLures

ZooT_aLLures

just bought the MMO kit today.
    Looks good so far, But I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the input methods as listed in the installation docs.

Anyone feel like giving a raw newbie (both to unity and to this kit) a helping hand, or at least some encouraging words? *sheepish grin*

2. ZooT_aLLures

ZooT_aLLures

er uh.........I figured it out*L*
    It's a unity thing and not any GameObject or MMO kit connected thing.

3. ZooT_aLLures

ZooT_aLLures

Is that hardcoded, or instead relative, meaning if one has more bandwidth one can host more players@ XXkb/sn or host more players with a little lag entering the pictuire?

4. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

5. erenaydin

erenaydin

Hi,
    Thanks for purcashing.

No, ain't hardcoded. That's just a suggesting. For example, there is a player have 1000kb/sn (1mbit) internet connection, there is no lag i guess to
    800-1000 players. But the connection of the server goes be exposed to force. High-class servers can carry this.

About the "entering the picture". That's why the kit is cheap,
    The players will get all information on the server. But don't forget, that's open for the developing.
    But a skilled RakNet programmer can overcome on this.

And sorry for my English, I hope I understood your question :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  6. Wikened

Wikened

Hey there,
    I am trying to decide if I can use this toolkit to create a game like SeaFight:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLW7efLp7R8

If so, I will decide if I should get it or not. If not then I will need to think of something.
    Right now im aiming for 20-100 player online and 50-150 NPC's. If i read right, does this ToolKit offer 'Server for regions" so you can create 2-3 servers for 2-3 places and each one running on different ports?

Thanks!

7. erenaydin

erenaydin

Hi,
    You are talking about just what I'm trying to mean exactly. You can create a game with Ratspell MMO Toolkit just like SeaFight easily.
    But "Server for regions" is not setup. You must make it setup (needs programming skill).

8. Wikened

Wikened

Thanks for the swift reply! :)
    I understand and this is great that I can create a game like that! The Server for Region I will create then. I will probably purchase it in the next 10 days once I go bank.

By the way, How does the game currently save people accounts and characters and what their wearing and stuff? Mysql? Xml?

9. erenaydin

erenaydin

Saves to the system registry by using PlayerPrefs.

(Windows 7 Sample)
    $smple.jpg

10. tasadar

tasadar

funny to call this an mmo kit.
    this is a simple networked game thats all but you can pay 25$ to this to have the included assets :)

11. ZooT_aLLures

ZooT_aLLures

I didn't ask that question for me, as I don't think you'd have hardcoded it.

After all, you can only pour so much water through a hose, and if you need more water, you need a bigger hose to pour it through.
    *OR* sonehow you need to pressurize the water(compress or otherwise minimize the data being sent)

12. fholm

fholm

It seems as if this is running on the default Unity networking, you can not run a game of MMO scale on the built in unity networking. It will crumble very quickly as your player count increases.

While the toolkit seems very solid, advertising it as an "MMO" toolkit is bogus, since you can't run an MMO-scale game on the default unity networking.

13. marf

marf

Amazing job!

14. erenaydin

erenaydin

So I have declared the sutiation there is a limit for players and npcs count before sell.

But I was trying to tell something for a while, If we have 2+ game servers, an mmo is possible with Raknet.
    I was thinking for couple of months, Is there a way to making an mmo with easy thing Raknet?, Yes I found it scripted it. I will try show you an mmo made with Raknet soon :)

But yes, you right. I'm sorry to call this kit "mmo", but after a little scripting It will an mmo. About the little scripting, that's why it's cheap.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  15. erenaydin

erenaydin

Here is the new video for starting to work with Ratspell. Hope to better understanding. If you still have problems write here or mail to erencik.aydincik@gmail.com

And some updates on Asset Store-
    * Some bugs fixed
    * No "Your client version is old. Please..." anymore.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  16. AlerZampi

AlerZampi

In you official youtube channel i found two different versions: 1.x and 2.x (Re-build).

In asset store i can buy only 1.x version now?

17. erenaydin

erenaydin

Yes. Re-developing version is not Ratspell anymore.
    They gonna be an online game in this summer, named : "Kara Destan"
    So the "re-developing" version is never gonna be on the asset store.

18. erenaydin

erenaydin

Hi Customers,
    If you have problems on the configuring the kit, contact me at erencik.aydincik@gmail.com with your invoice number.
    I will send you the configured full project file.

19. Branmatt

Branmatt

Can anything be edited once you own the asset (kinda like, can anyone edit the source code?). For example, can I edit the UI, the server, etc.?

Thanks!

20. erenaydin

erenaydin

You can edit everything. Everything is open. This is like a source-project.

21. hike1

hike1

How do you play the demo? I clicked all 3 links, no game

22. erenaydin

erenaydin

the last link is the client

23. hike1

hike1

I try to login with 'Terry' and 'guest' 'connection failed. I need a standalone windows download, not really interested in
    the networking part now.

24. hike1

hike1

K, I get it, run 3 web players at once, 1st is sign up, 2nd is for the game, 3rd is for the player. Nice!

25. erenaydin

erenaydin

26. hike1

hike1

I made builds of the 3 items, but I can't get the game going in the editor or in an exe, the account_server is
    supposed to be web player and the client.exe and server.exe are windows standalone?

DNSLookup: Error looking up facilitator.unity3d.com (1460)
    Cannot resolve facilitator address, make sure you are connected to the internet before connecting to a server with NAT punchthrough enabled
    UnityEngine.Network:InitializeServer(Int32, Int32, Boolean)
    Server:Start() (at Assets\scripts\server\Server.js:10)

DNSLookup: Error looking up masterserver.unity3d.com (1460)
    Cannot resolve master server address, you must be connected to the internet before using it or set the address to something accessible to you.
    UnityEngine.MasterServer:RegisterHost(String, String, String)

The connection request to 0.0.0.0:50005 failed. Are you sure the server can be connected to?

The connection request to 127.0.0.1:7776 failed. Are you sure the server can be connected to?

I can get the client to load but there's no login screen, and only the mouse zoom does anything.

27. erenaydin

erenaydin

Hmm okay, Do you have an internet connection when you are trying to run the servers?
    I will send you a new script anyway doesn't need a connection.

28. erenaydin

erenaydin

Please try with these scripts.

Attached Files:

29. hike1

hike1

K, I tried it with the new scripts, while on the internet, same result, all 3 exe's. were 8,961,024 bytes, is that right?

30. erenaydin

erenaydin

I guess you made a mistake when building the client.
    Please wait for my screenshot.

31. erenaydin

erenaydin

32. hike1

hike1

Yes, I built it like you said, but.
    I get these errors when I press 'Play' on main.unity in unity editor

main.unity errors

NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponent (System.String type) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/UnityEngineGameObject.cs:20)
    playerMain.getAccountInformation () (at Assets/scripts/playerMain.js:1070)
    playerMain.Start () (at Assets/scripts/playerMain.js:115)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.InvokeBinaryOperator (System.String operatorName, System.Object lhs, System.Object rhs)
    speaktimer.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/scripts/misc/speaktimer.js:12)

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable CharPortrait of 'playerMain' has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the CharPortrait variable of the playerMain script in the inspector.
    UnityEngine.Texture.get_width () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/Graphics.cs:514)
    UnityEngine.GUI.DrawTexture (Rect position, UnityEngine.Texture image, ScaleMode scaleMode, Boolean alphaBlend, Single imageAspect) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/GUI.cs:131)
    UnityEngine.GUI.DrawTexture (Rect position, UnityEngine.Texture image, ScaleMode scaleMode) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/GUI.cs:120)
    playerMain.OnGUI () (at Assets/scripts/playerMain.js:242)

33. erenaydin

erenaydin

:D please start the game when on menuMain.scene
    You are on main.unity scene

When building the client, be sure menuMain scene is "0" when building.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  34. hike1

hike1

K, this time I get the sparkly blue clouds and the guy's head zooming in and out in 'client', but no game. When I run the
    'main' scene in unity editor (at the same time) I still get the errors, wouldn't that keep it from running?

35. hike1

hike1

Hold the phone, after about 15 minutes I got to login and I could play the game. I turned off the internet and I could still play, so I guess
    it's a local copy, but when I turned it on again 'client' tried to access the internet, is that normal? Anyhoo, good job, Mehmet! Wonder why
    it took so long to get a game up, the level is tiny.

36. erenaydin

erenaydin

its not a local copy, I'm trying with the new scripts I sent you...

// i tried with the new scripts and i logged in when my internet is closed.

and the loading is not for the level, some connection things.
    You can make a larger level, the loading time will not change, may be little bit :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  37. hike1

hike1

I don't get a login on client standalone unless I click the play button in Unity editor on menumain. I'm using the new scripts you posted.

38. erenaydin

erenaydin

That means your standalone client is not start at menuMain.scene,

Are you really sure you set the menuMain.scene to 0

39. hike1

hike1

Yes I put menumain 0 and menu 1, I can't even play the game in the editor because of the errors I posted.
    NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponent (System.String type) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/UnityEngineGameObject.cs:20)
    playerMain.getAccountInformation () (at Assets/scripts/playerMain.js:1070)
    playerMain.Start () (at Assets/scripts/playerMain.js:115)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.InvokeBinaryOperator (System.String operatorName, System.Object lhs, System.Object rhs)
    speaktimer.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/scripts/misc/speaktimer.js:12)

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable CharPortrait of 'playerMain' has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the CharPortrait variable of the playerMain script in the inspector.
    UnityEngine.Texture.get_width () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/Graphics.cs:514)

UnityEngine.GUI.DrawTexture (Rect position, UnityEngine.Texture image, ScaleMode scaleMode, Boolean alphaBlend, Single imageAspect) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/GUI.cs:131)
    UnityEngine.GUI.DrawTexture (Rect position, UnityEngine.Texture image, ScaleMode scaleMode) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/GUI.cs:120)
    playerMain.OnGUI () (at Assets/scripts/playerMain.js:242)

1 warning
    Assets/Standard Assets/Particles/MagicalEffects/Standard Assets/Character Controllers/Sources/Scripts/ThirdPersonController.js(193,54): UCW0003: WARNING: Bitwise operation '|' on boolean values won't shortcut. Did you mean '||'?

40. hike1

hike1

If you are off the internet and run local you get the bare level with only an anvil
    if you turn on the internet the spider and 2 merchants load from your server, not sure what the quest is the spider does nothing.
    if you return to login screen while on online and relog in, the player won't move. You have to exit and log in again while off the internet

And then the game only runs when I select menumain while in the editor, what's with that?

41. erenaydin

erenaydin

These errors generated by main.scene if you don't start the game on menuMain.scene,
    this should not take as long as, please follow the video

42. erenaydin

erenaydin

Hey are you sure you build the servers with "Run In Background" option?
    Because the monsters attack when see you.

43. hike1

hike1

#1, This only works in the Editor, I need it to work in the real world
    #2, No login screen unless I'm on the internet or in the Editor
    #3, The Account server web build attempt gives this error

Assets/Auto-Registering-Web-System (Windows Only)/ratspell_server_registryeditor/ratspell_server_registryeditor/Program.cs(31,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `RegistryKey' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

using System.Text;
    using Microsoft.Win32;

namespace ratspell_server_registryeditor
    {
    class Program
    {
    static void Main(string[] args)
    {

/*
    * ARGUMENTS
    * ARRAY (0): username
    * ARRAY (1): password
    * ARRAY (2): e-mail
    */

string[] user;
    int andx = 0;

user = new string[3];

foreach (string arg in args)
    {
    user[andx] = arg;
    andx++;
    }

RegistryKey myKey = Registry.Users.OpenSubKey("S-1-5-21-2645512766-1141012264-2347401389-500\\Software\\bisaniyehocam\\accountserver", true);
    myKey.SetValue(user[0], user[1], RegistryValueKind.String);
    myKey.SetValue(user[0] + "type", 0, RegistryValueKind.String);
    myKey.SetValue(user[0] + "mail", user[2], RegistryValueKind.String);
    }
    }

If I'm off the internet I can run the 3 standalone programs, but the client loads the attached screen, no movement is
    possible.

Yes, I checked 'run in background'

44. hike1

hike1

here's the attachment

Attached Files:

45. erenaydin

erenaydin

Auto registering web system is not relevant with this. Please don't extract it in the project folder, it's a c program.

Give your teamviewer id, I will connect you then I set.

46. hike1

hike1

Auto registering web system is not relevant with this. Please don't extract it in the project folder, it's a c program.

unquote
    I just extracted the mmo.unitypackage, auto register is included in it

Give your teamviewer id, I will connect you then I set.
    unquote

What's that?

I used this server.js of 530 bytes you posted earlier and also the mainmenu.js of 10,837 bytes

//server.js
    function OnGUI() {
    var SysScp = GetComponent("SystemScript");
    GUI.Label (Rect (10, 10, 200, 20), "Total Players Online : "+ SysScp.TotalPlayersOnline + "/50");
    GUI.Label (Rect (10, 30, 200, 20), "Total Monsters : "+ SysScp.serverTotalNPC + "/" + SysScp.serverMaxNPC);
    if (GUI.Button(Rect(10,70,150,30),"Stop Server")) { Application.Quit(); }
    }

function Start() {
    Network.InitializeServer(30, 7775, false);
    }

If I build the 3 apps windows standalone, with internet off I get the same game view, no movement possible (zoom in and out only) Other times it says 'select a server to join' batikent beta, not what I want.

when I'm on the internet I get 'account_server' is trying to access the internet.

47. erenaydin

erenaydin

ohh right, I will send you a new account server, it will not try to connect to internet.
    and please give me your TeamViewer ID to fix all things...

48. Alienstudios

Alienstudios

Alright so I imported the assest into a new project but when I try to build the server.unity file, I get an error that says:
    Errors building Player because scripts had compiler errors

Also were do I put the input setting in at?

49. erenaydin

erenaydin

"Errors building Player because scripts had compiler errors"
    Could you send a screenshot on console?

You can set the input settings at Edit-->Project Settings-->Input

50. hike1

hike1

Sent you a PM with teamviewer id, we have to find a time we're both online, I'm in Arizona GMT -8