Search Unity

Rate app Link

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by iktakgames, Oct 1, 2013.

1. iktakgames

iktakgames

Hi, all my rate my app links with ios 7 are not working , i finded this urls:
    3 down vote
    IOS 7
    itms-apps://itunes.apple.com/app/idYOUR_APP_ID
    BEFORE IOS 7
    itms-apps://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewContentsUserReviews?type=Purple+Software&id=YOUR_APP_ID

But the Ios not getme to the reviees, the user must press the reviews tab.
    There is any better solution?

Thanks

2. iktakgames

iktakgames

Any help¿

3. u3dxt

u3dxt

I would use SKStoreProductViewController class instead of Application.OpenURL() for two reasons:
    1) The user doesn't leave your application to rate your app
    2) This is an Apple API developed for you to promote your products, so it's less likely to change or not work in the future

You can roll your own but I've written an example of how to do cross promotions here: http://unity3d.tutsmobile.com/storekit-cross-promotion/

Instead of putting your other app's app id into the StoreProductViewController prefab, you can put the current running app. By doing so, the user can rate the app without leaving your app.

4. Quiet-Pixel

Quiet-Pixel

All the comments I can find indicate that SKStoreProductViewController has the "Rate App" button disabled in iOS7. They claim the only way to rate the app from SKStoreProductViewController is to tap on the link or button in the view to go to the full App Store entry.

Everyone seems to be falling back to using the URL approach, with

itms-apps://itunes.apple.com/app/idYOUR_APP_ID

being the correct format for iOS7.

u3dxt, are you finding something different?