Search Unity

[Rant] People posting in wrong forums.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cody-Rauh, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Cody-Rauh

Cody-Rauh

Hey guys,

This probably isn't the first thread, but I was wondering if there was anything Unity could do to clarify to help keep the nonpaid work out of the paid section, it seems to be getting worse lately. Part of it is the rules and titles are some what confusing for new users to unity.

Here is my proposal. organize the current forums into 6 new like the general section and take out commercial work.

left column...

[ Paid ] Job Offers
    [ Royalty ] Job Offers
    [ Hobby ] Projects

right column...

[ Paid] Freelancers
    [ Royalty] Freelancers
    [ Free ] Talent

Royalty could have a different name such as split-share, or profit-share or equity.

I feel this would make things a lot easier, right now you have to swim through the crap, and people think they belong to one section instead of another. I even made the mistake of putting a post in the wrong section cause I thought well my project is commercial so it can't go in the non-commercial section.

Btw The collaboration section should be Non Commercial, the current typo in the description is None Commerical.

Cheers,

Cody

2. HolBol

HolBol

I think it's more that people just don't bother to scroll down the page and read the headers.

3. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

If you any posts in the wrong category, use the report post button.

--Eric

4. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

Eric,

What about people who have more than 4 accounts on this forum, posting fake testimonials?

5. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

You'd need to provide some evidence for that. One thing the report post button should not be used for is personal feuds, where occasionally people ask to have someone else's post deleted just on their say-so, which isn't going to happen.

--Eric

6. eskimojoe

eskimojoe