Search Unity

RangeError

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by eckerbr, Jun 17, 2019.

1. eckerbr

eckerbr

Hello, I'm having trouble with this error. The main problem is that I can't duplicate it.

It's a WebGL project that I have published on my website, (Can't post a link, the app is hidden behind user accounts and not readily available to the public). Everything works when I run through my account on my browsers, or in the editor or any other way I can think to run it - but I have two (so far, just two) customers who, when they run it, get this issue (in a JavaScript alert dialog):

An error occurred in the Unity content of this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was: Uncaught RangeError: Start offset undefined is outside the bounds of the buffer.

Since I can't duplicate it, I can't look at the JavaScript console for more info, and I'm not sure where the start offset would (or in this case, would not) be defined. Has anyone ever encountered this and successfully fixed it? I've found very little online about this error - maybe some similar ones, but nothing seems to be useful to me.

Please let me know if I can provide more info to help me with this problem!

2. eckerbr

eckerbr

Bump....

Still having this issue. Any kind of nudge in the right direction would be most appreciated. Some more info: This only seems to be happening in Chrome. And I managed to duplicate it.

In the console, I'm getting this:

Uncaught RangeError: Start offset undefined is outside the bounds of the buffer
    at new Int8Array (<anonymous>)
    at updateGlobalBufferViews (blob:https://website.website.org/8e086ad4-a186-479a-b108-e33d9bfec679:2)
    at Object.ff940932b5d87ab35855b350fbd03f5e (blob:https://website.website.org/8e086ad4-a186-479a-b108-e33d9bfec679:2)
    at UnityLoader.loadCode.Module (unity:1)
    at HTMLScriptElement.r.onload (unity:1)

Maybe that will help? It doesn't do much for me.

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

4. eckerbr

eckerbr

Thank you for your response, but that seems to be specific to firefox. My problem seems isolated to Chrome.

Unfortunately, that's about the best example I've also seen what this error is about - because there is very little online - and seemingly very little here that can be done about this extremely frustrating problem.

Please anyone?

5. eckerbr

eckerbr

Specifically Chrome (32-bit).

It looks like it's working ok in the 64-bit version.

Not sure if that info would help, but here's hoping!

6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Might be running out of memory in the browser then?

7. Nyanpas

Nyanpas

I just got this error too. I have 32 gb of RAM and only using 10 GB of it.

8. zjahangir

zjahangir

Did you ever get it working on the 32 bit chrome? If yes how?