Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Range slider

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by a2kas, Feb 24, 2019.

1. a2kas

a2kas

Hello,i need UI slider with two handlers (like in the picture), how could I make it? maybe do you know any example?

slider.png

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

The Unity3D UI Slider code is actually all open source, so you could take the existing Slider.cs file and make your own, like maybe SliderRange.cs.

The code is all in here:

https://bitbucket.org/Unity-Technologies/ui

The Slider.cs is under UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core I believe.

If you come up with something spiffy, post it back here, or even better, clean it up and submit it to Unity for inclusion!

3. ProtagonistKun

ProtagonistKun

4. a2kas

a2kas

5. ProtagonistKun

ProtagonistKun

Oh right, I missread that. You can however look at the source code for that for an idea on how to do it since it uses the same system maybe (probably)

6. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

7. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

Hello,

I need a slider with two handles that works in the UI canvas in the game (not in the inspector) anybody know where i can get that?

Thanks

8. Dover8

Dover8

I also had this requirement recently. I got a workable solution. Give me a few more days and I'll be making a pull request to the UI Extensions library with it. https://github.com/Dover8/Unity-UI-Extensions/tree/range-slider

unityunity