Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Randomly generated worlds?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Eddie_Reilly, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie_Reilly

Eddie_Reilly

I tried to research it and only got minecraft websites and terrain tool videos

I want to

-make a randomly generated world with hills caves mineable ores mineable surface rocks and bases
    -be able to break the ground liek in minecraft

I dont know how

i aksed in unity answers and got : Design discussion questions should be asked on Unity Forums. Unity Answers addresses single, specific technical questions. Note that even on the forums this question may be too general. Consider spending a bit more research time and formulating a question with more specifics.

2. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Design discussion questions should be asked on Unity Forums. Unity Answers addresses single, specific technical questions. Note that even on the forums this question may be too general. Consider spending a bit more research time and formulating a question with more specifics.

Specifically, you could probably stand to learn to use the tool, first. When you're able to create even a basic game, some of what you're asking will be immediately doable. However, randomly generated worlds are not 'easy'.

But, you should start with the basics first.

3. Eddie_Reilly

Eddie_Reilly

i know the basics

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

No, you don't. Nor do you search for this question, which has been answered on these forums probably 100 times. You haven't posted in the correct forum for it either, which probably should be under scripting.

Gigiwoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.