Search Unity

Randomly Draw the rectangle and fill it

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Riviere Delta, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Riviere Delta

Riviere Delta

Hi,

I am trying to build a project where player moves and draw lines randomly on a grid.which can create rectangles. I want to fill the rectangle with color or texture when the player completes the rectangle. How do I measure that all four edges of rectangle are drawn to fill the color? Its kind of a effect like a Sega Zoom game.

I am using arrow keys to control player movements. and trail renderer to draw lines.

Please help me to resolve this.

thanks in advance.

2. hpjohn

hpjohn

Please do not double (Triple!) post the exact same question. I expect you question was rejected because you aren't really asking for help, you are asking for a how-to. From scratch.

I will make several suggestions.
    Trail renderer probably isn't the best choice, if the player repeatedly goes over the same line again and again and again, you get a ton of wasted polygons.
    To create a filled area, you can Instantiate a mesh object, or use CreatePrimitive to make a quad, then apply texture.
    To get the gameplay aspect working, you'll probably want to have a class for the rectangle structure, with a 4 booleans, for the status of each side. When the player completes a traversal of one side, set the boolean true, and check if all 4 are now true.
    To determine if a side has been traversed, I'd probably create a grid of nodes at the corners, when the player reaches a node, the side between it and the previously visited node is complete.

3. Riviere Delta

Riviere Delta

Thank you for the information. And sorry if the same post has been posted several times. I will take care of it now on.
    I guess i can continue working with possibilities/options suggested by you.
    thanks again