Search Unity

Random lines importing png files made with gimp

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by warianos, Aug 13, 2014.

1. warianos

warianos

Good morning guys,

Im having a problem in unity 3d with imported png files,

it appears a random outline white or black or other color sometimes on the top, left,right,bottom, other times everywhere around the sprite and when i import the game to my android phone, is seems that those lines that showed up on the PC, werent in my phone there was other sprites that had random oulines instead.

I´ve tryed a couple of things like clamp instead of repeat, review all my sprites in gimp, making them uncompressed, but still the problem sticks....

These images that i uploaded, show one of the problems, as in, the line at the phone, and the same sprit without the random line in gimp.

Thanks for your times guys, hope you can help me.

Attached Files:

2. Arowx

Arowx

This could just be the fact that your images are being scaled and may not be pixel perfect on every device. If you move the sprite a fraction or put multiple copies of the sprite in different locations does the line change location?

Also you need to set the compression/format settings for all platforms you build to, you could double check the settings on each platform.

3. warianos

warianos

When i move the sprite the line simply follows the sprite, but when i scale it a bit, the line disappears but , appears in other places , right side and top side, only a bit though. I noticed often appears in places where there is trasparençy.

Also everything is pixel perfect, ive also tryed the compreesion thing but doesnt help
    and when i changed resolution the lines changed, i guess its because of the autoscale(i have the sprites resolution independant)

Thanks for helping me

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014