Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Item box for multiplayer Runner

Discussion in 'Connected Games' started by Acarnan, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:22 AM.

1. Acarnan

Acarnan

Hi everybody,

I am writing to you today because I am facing a problem. I created a racing game where users can pick up weapons with ItemBox. The box is an object, with a collider (trigger). When the user (client or host) encounters the box, this triggers a [command] in the player script (the player is instantiated by the network manager and each weapon is referenced in the network manager as spawnable), the command generates a Random number between which allows the user to retrieve a weapon in a [] gameobject list.
    When the player presses the fire button, a [command] is launched and the object is instantiated via NetworkServer.SpawnWithClientAuthority

The problem is that the object passed in reference by the player, is not necessarily the one instantiated by the server. I have an image that allows me to know which object I will use, which is displayed only for the player, and this image is not always the right one, by that I mean the one that is attached to the weapon's gameobject . Everything works correctly on the host, however.

Would anyone have an idea? Or would someone have an example of itembox for a multiplayer game?

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

To get help with your code you'll need to post the code.