Search Unity

Random, Inconsistent bright spots using Enlighten

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by TchPowDog85, Apr 13, 2018.

1. TchPowDog85

TchPowDog85

After days of tweaking my scene, I finally got the light bake to do what I want except for ONE thing. Bright spots!! This is driving me crazy. They are completely random and every time I bake, the previous bright spots go away and new ones are created. Has anyone ever run into this?

Examples:

Its acting as though there's a light behind the door. Why in the world would it do this?

Next time I bake, those two areas will look perfectly clean. What the hell is going on here??

This issue was happening more often around smaller objects like door knobs, light switches, etc. But a generous user on here suggested that I use light probes to light those smaller objects, which turned out great. However, I'm still getting the bright spots randomly, just not as abundant as they used to be.

One thing to note here: The door is a separate mesh from the floor and the island is 4 separate meshes (counter top, support gusset, drywall, and cabinet)

2. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

This issue can be fixed with increasing resolution, but for interior scene, you can use Progressive Lightmapper to have less issues.
    Send here some screen shots from baked resolution