Search Unity

Random faces for games using AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheGaul, Aug 14, 2019.

1. TheGaul

TheGaul

Ony likes this.
  2. Ony

Ony

I was looking into it recently for one of our games. Very cool stuff.

3. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Can you elaborate? A direct 3d application? Or just using images as reference or photo to texture?

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

I remember have seen similar few years back.

Sims had already randomization generator. You don't need AI for that.
    Similarly works as MakeHuman software.

But for real looking pictures, then AI can do amazing stuff in this context.

5. TheGaul

TheGaul

I would like to create a whole movie with AI generated actors and AI generated voices. Who needs Hollywood stars when you can just generate your own ones?

I wonder if you made an AI blend of Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt, could they sue you because you're not really using their likeness. Basically you're using the likeness of a fictional baby they would have between them.

I am investigating a way to for an AI to create 3D meshes from a video of a spinning object. I think what would happen is the mesh would slowly transform using gradient decent until it matches what is in the video, plus it would apply a generated texture. Basically you could just have a sphere with a height map which would cover a lot of shapes.

6. Ryiah

Ryiah

Yes, that's clearly the sole value of a star. Just their face and absolutely not at all their acting talent, popularity, voices, etc.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Martin_H and Billy4184 like this.
  7. Billy4184

Billy4184

Being able to generate a random photorealistic face image for a game is going to solve about as many problems as being able to generate a random photorealistic tree billboard.

To begin with, it will make your game look like a weird comedy of differentiated levels of realism, secondly the face will look like some kind of except from a scientific american article about the relevance of facial symmetry to sexual selection, and thirdly, animating it in any way is pretty much impossible.

You're even better off inserting some anime face that has marginally less incongruence with your game.

Martin_H likes this.
  8. Ony

Ony

These Waifus Do Not Exist

9. TheGaul

TheGaul

Have you seen the generated faces? They are not symmetrical at all! Animating is pretty easy too. Just look at deep fake technology.

10. Murgilod

Murgilod

lmao, thinking deep fakes are "easy."

Martin_H likes this.
  11. Billy4184

Billy4184

Hehe I was having a bit of a joke, what I mean to say is that these faces look pretty bland just right off the bat.

If you have a video of one of these faces/bodies animated in a game environment, and some info on the kind of workflow it would take, I'd like to see it.